Author Topic: Armie Hammer & Timothée Chalamet find love in Call Me By Your Name (2017)  (Read 779791 times)

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
I am so amazed by Armie Hammer's ability to ride a bike without hand on the handle bars.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
I am so amazed by Armie Hammer's ability to ride a bike without hand on the handle bars.

So did the  New Yorker--!

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/12/04/call-me-by-your-name-an-erotic-triumph

The Current Cinema
Call Me by Your Name, An Erotic Triumph
Luca Guadagnino’s latest film is emotionally acute and overwhelmingly sensual.

By Anthony Lane   December 4, 2017 Issue

Luca Guadagnino’s sensuous film evokes the transformations of young love. Illustration by Bianca Bagnarelli

"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
A UBF member posted this in the CMBYN thread there.  It's so damn *(@*@*(,  I'm sharing it here.  You are warned, it may body slam you.  V.
->
&feature=youtu.be

I’ve been body slammed, but good.

Thanks, Vincent.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
Poor Baby!   :( :( :(
[youtube=925,550]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGSiA4rGsMA[/youtube]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGSiA4rGsMA

Poor Sufjan. Nervous, I’m sure. The backup singers didn’t help much. Plus, the song was WAY truncated.
But, is that Chris Thile in mandolin?? Far right.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
Just a couple observations after a pre-Oscar viewing.

When they go to swim at Sirmione (after the bronze is brought up), at the end of the scene, we clearly hear, “Elio....Oliver”, each calling the other’s name...

Also, as they move to the bedroom for the midnight tryst, we hear the opening chords of “Visions of Gideon”. Nice touch.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
One more observation.

At the end of Elio’s amazingly changing expressions in front of the fire, he seems to go from sad, to steel himself, to smiling, and as his name is called, he looks straight into the camera before turning his head to fade out.

Will wonders ever cease?

Offline gattaca

• Sr. Ranch Hand
There are SO many nuisances, subtle glances and gestures in this film... it takes several viewing to catch them all.  The ones you just pointed out I'd missed.  I heard the "Elio and Oliver" when they were splashing around with his dad...but did not realize they were calling each other's name.   Nice. V.
How do you hide when you are running from yourself?

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
Just wondering. . . .Oliver seemed to be bisexual. Was Elio too? Or were they gay, but settling (fitting in)?
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline gattaca

• Sr. Ranch Hand
Just a couple observations after a pre-Oscar viewing.
When they go to swim at Sirmione (after the bronze is brought up), at the end of the scene, we clearly hear, “Elio....Oliver”, each calling the other’s name...

I thought about this above more and it's out of sequence... they had just made the "truce"  remember the handshake?  I'm not sure we are really hearing each calling the other's name...not just quite yet.  I'd have to really listen to the dialog in headphones to be sure..  V.

Offline gattaca

• Sr. Ranch Hand
Just wondering. . . .Oliver seemed to be bisexual. Was Elio too? Or were they gay, but settling (fitting in)?

Oliver returns to the USA and marries, so we are left to wonder. 
With Elio, his sexuality also remains unclear as Elio's having sex with the young lady in the film too. 
What we do know, especially from the ending is Oliver and Elio have that very rare chemistry that two people only maybe find once in their lives... if they are lucky.
V.