Author Topic: Armie Hammer & Timothée Chalamet find love in Call Me By Your Name (2017)  (Read 779706 times)

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club

This is wonderful!!
(2:11:51 of wonderful...)

[youtube=960,540]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njg7Ee_jiyM[/youtube]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njg7Ee_jiyM

Commentary Track 🍑 CALL ME BY YOUR NAME
Timothée Chalamet and Michael Stuhlbarg

“thanks for letting me stand on your feet brother, let's go do this scene”
(23:20)

this is a bonus feature if you buy the film on itunes !!
if you wanna listen to this during the movie, syncing it up is very easy

later!

(((((( tumblr: https://1983inchesproud.tumblr.com )))))

Haisan Vu
Published on Mar 14, 2018

"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Online southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
 I watched the dvd with Timmy and Michael’s commentary last night.  No Armie, no Luca. But their chemistry is like butter.
They don’t talk over each other. They heap praise on their fellow actors.

Timmy clearly knows the film and the story inside out and upside down. And shares when scenes are ad libbed vs scripted.

Lots of allusions to deleted scenes and alternate takes, that, sadly, are not on the dvd.

Offline SaraB

• Sr. Ranch Hand
Haven’t been around for months/years! But saw a link (on google I think) to a post here, and I am totally enamoured of this film and book.
Yesterday I got my iPad and Amazon video sync'd to listen to the commentary and watch with subtitles and no sound. By the end I felt stunned. As you say, Paul, a perfect and courteous commentary, so enlightening on the characters and filming.

And now, do I dare to start overdosing on this thread?  :D I’ve already done my bit and more in the UBF!

Offline SaraB

• Sr. Ranch Hand
I think it would take me the rest of my life to catch up with it all, but it's nice to dip into.

I'm currently listening to the Audible version, and have managed to get used to Oliver's voice speaking Elio's words, and he does it very well. While I'm listening it somehow makes me feel that Oliver must have a special insight into Elio's mind...

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Here's something that I hope will amuse fans of the movie.

It's well known that I'm always behind in reading my issues of The New Yorker, but here's something I found in the March 19 issue. It's from a small article about a "white sale" at a high-end shop at Park Avenue and Fifty-eighth Street in Manhattan.

"A set of vintage Doubles Coeurs sheets makes an appearance in one of the love scenes in 'Call Me By Your Name.'"
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

• BetterMost Supporter!

It's well known that I'm always behind in reading my issues of The New Yorker, but here's something I found in the March 19 issue. It's from a small article about a "white sale" at a high-end shop at Park Avenue and Fifty-eighth Street in Manhattan.

"A set of (D. Porthault) vintage Doubles Coeurs sheets (in yellow) makes an appearance in one of the love scenes in 'Call Me By Your Name.'"

Wow! Thanks so much, Jeff, for The New Yorker  reference! I certainly never noticed the sheets when I saw the movie (four times   ::) :laugh: ) but now, looking up the vintage pattern by D. Porthault, the double heart motif (or, rather a series of a heart within  a heart floating in a sea of empty hearts), it looks like it's yet another textural grace note that Luca (and his amazing design staff) wove into the visual fabric of the story, like Elio/Timmy's black and white "heads" shirt at the end of the movie.

(Unquestionably, Luca is a genius, of course.)

https://www.pinterest.jp/pin/290341507212513138/

referencing:

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2018/03/19/the-duchess-of-windsors-favorite-sheets-on-sale

Starch Dept.
March 19, 2018 Issue

The Duchess of Windsor’s Favorite Sheets, On Sale
At the D. Porthault sale, women in furs and their housekeepers fought it out for sixteen-hundred-dollar sheet sets.

Still, anticipation among the shoppers ran high. (A set of vintage yellow Doubles Coeurs sheets makes an appearance in one of the love scenes in “Call Me by Your Name.”) “I knew about the sheets from design blogs and wanted them for years,” Karen, a classical musician, said. She was hoping to buy a second set of sheets. “I have a very tolerant husband.”

CALLMEBYYOURNAMEFANART
SOURCE FRAGMENTS

"Camping Out"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Wow! Thanks so much, Jeff, for The New Yorker  reference! I certainly never noticed the sheets when I saw the movie (four times   ::) :laugh: ).

I hope to see the film some day (more'n likely on DVD when it becomes available). Meanwhile, I'm finding the novel utterly amazing.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

• BetterMost Supporter!
I hope to see the film some day (more'n likely on DVD when it becomes available). Meanwhile, I'm finding the novel utterly amazing.

Oh my YES. On that  we wholeheartedly agree!   :D

"Camping Out"

• BetterMost Supporter!
Haven’t been around for months/years! But saw a link (on google I think) to a post here, and I am totally enamoured of this film and book.
Yesterday I got my iPad and Amazon video sync'd to listen to the commentary and watch with subtitles and no sound. By the end I felt stunned. As you say, Paul, a perfect and courteous commentary, so enlightening on the characters and filming.

And now, do I dare to start overdosing on this thread?  :D I’ve already done my bit and more in the UBF!

I think it would take me the rest of my life to catch up with it all, but it's nice to dip into.

I'm currently listening to the Audible version, and have managed to get used to Oliver's voice speaking Elio's words, and he does it very well. While I'm listening it somehow makes me feel that Oliver must have a special insight into Elio's mind...

Well, SaraB, enjoy!   :)

I'm not sure I could handle the cognitive dissonance of hearing Armie reading the story, which is from Elio's point of view.

You know, I'm not only totally ok with it, I love it, because I believe Oliver is speaking the words back  to Elio, the words Elio has just first spoken. I mean, how Call Me by Your Name  is that??

Excellent point!  (But still...)

Think of it this way; as gifted, as talented  our boy Timmy Chalamet is, his (post--??) millennial speech (gabble?) is not exactly the greatest instrument to voice Aciman's (Elio's) precise (not to say pretentious) torrent of fevered, logorrheic eloquence. [Boy, especially after hearing the recent Timothée Chalamet and Michael Stuhlbarg Commentary Track, how wrong was I there! Idiot!  ::) ] But Oliver  (I mean Armey!)--I mean, GOD, that measured, honeyed blond baritone is perfect!!

And--I wasn't at all wrong in saying Armey is a 21st century doppelganger of George Peppard-- LOOK! but especially LISTEN! to the video immediately below. Talk about honeyed blond baritone!

The strong, lovely, logical, totally-understandable-but-never-overly-enunciated accent is again, perfect, and it sounds exactly like Armey (although, in the clip, Peppard IS slightly overly enunciating by mocking, in a playful way, Tiffany's, John McGiver's lovely salesclerk, the jokey situation). By the way, can you guess that I have become a rabid Armey fan? Ok, it's true, I cop to it.  ::) :laugh: :laugh:

(Apropos of nothing in particular, re ONE of the three distinct accents in this great scene at  Tiffany's in Breakfast at Tiffany's: the accent of wonderful character actor, John McGiver (a born and raised New Yorker who went to Regis High School on 84th Street)--people now disparage 'Mid-Atlantic' accents from the 30's, 40's, 50's (and yes, 60's and 70's) as being artificial or stagey or contrived, but when I was a child (born in 1954) there were a lot of New Yorkers who really spoke like that--little old ladies, rich people, salesclerks like John McGiver, school teachers, EDUCATED people, but they are all dead now, NOBODY talks like that anymore, more's the pity.)

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVFi-yeTe5g[/youtube]
Breakfast at Tiffany's (1961)
George Peppard, Audrey Hepburn
& John McGiver
Published on Oct 08, 2011

Oh my LORD, it just struck me--

You know who Armie looks like?

(Looks like? And sounds  like--

that voice!!)

George Peppard!   :o

SEPT 21, 2017
Elio and Oliver's first night together, as read by Armie Hammer
[on Soundcloud NOW]

(Call Me By Your Name audiobook drops Oct 3.)

CLICK HERE TO HEAR:

https://soundcloud.com/macaudio-2/call-me-by-your-name-by-andre-aciman-read-by-armie-hammer

"Camping Out"

Offline SaraB

• Sr. Ranch Hand

"A set of vintage Doubles Coeurs sheets makes an appearance in one of the love scenes in 'Call Me By Your Name.'"

*sigh* So how many love scenes do I have to plough through AGAIN in order to see the Double Coeur 💕sheets? What I do for art...
But it will have to be later.😀