Author Topic: Armie Hammer & Timothée Chalamet find love in Call Me By Your Name (2017)  (Read 780034 times)

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 11:52:52 pm by Aloysius J. Gleek »
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

• BetterMost Supporter!
CALLMEBYYOURNAMEFANART
http://electrasinclair.tumblr.com/
http://electrasinclair.com/

by electra sinclair

But I wasn't fooling myself. I was convinced that no one in the world wanted him as physically as I did; nor was anyone willing to go the distance I was prepared to travel for him. No one had studied every bone in his body, ankles, knees, wrists, fingers, and toes, no one lusted after every ripple of muscle, no one took him to bed every night and on spotting him in the morning lying in his heaven  by the pool, smiled at him, watched a smile come to his lips, and thought,
 Did you know I came in your mouth last night?

Call Me By Your Name  by André Aciman
Recited/Narrated by Armie Hammer

CALLMEBYYOURNAMEFANART by electra sinclair  

http://electrasinclair.tumblr.com/
http://electrasinclair.com/

Timestamp: Tuesday 2017/09/05 18:34:46   93 Notes

#CMBYN   #CallMeByYourName #electra #electra sinclair
#elio  #elio perlman  #oliver  #ulliva  #laterpeaches 🍑
#andré aciman  #armie hammer  #timothée chalamet  #luca guadagnino
#book   #novel   #film  #movie  #sonyclassics   #lgbt
#art #artwork #artist #portrait #vector #digital art
#peach #pink #orange #brown
#eyebrows #hair

« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 11:53:42 pm by Aloysius J. Gleek »

"Camping Out"

• BetterMost Supporter!

Repurposed fan art from VOLTRON - Legendary Defenders of the Galaxy
VLD fanart - Lance & Keith The Stars in your Eyes, your name on the Constellations

https://www.pinterest.com/source/aquafeles.tumblr.com/
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/419045940316922505/
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/401875966733363671/

Facevamo finta di niente.
We looked the other way.
Parlavamo di tutto fuorché di quello.
We spoke about everything but.
Ma l'abbiamo sempre saputo,
But we've always known,
e che adesso non dicessimo nulla
and not saying anything now
era un'ulteriore conferma.
confirmed it all the more.
Avevamo trovato le stelle, tu e io.
We had found the stars, you and I.
E questo capita una volta sola nella vita.
And this is given once only.

Chiamami col tuo nome  di André Aciman

"Camping Out"

• BetterMost Supporter!
Alice Tully Hall
1941 Broadway (between 65th Street and 66th Street)

Call Me by Your Name
Luca Guadagnino
The 55th New York Film Festival

Tuesday      October 03, 9:00PM - 11:12PM
Wednesday October 04, 6:00PM -   8:12PM

https://www.filmlinc.org/nyff2017/sections/main-slate/
https://www.filmlinc.org/nyff2017/films/call-me-by-your-name/

Main Slate
Call Me by Your Name
Luca Guadagnino

The New York Film Festival
runs September 28 – October 15.

The 55th New York Film Festival Main Slate
Closing Night

“Call Me by Your Name,” Dir. Luca Guadagnino, Italy/France, 2017, 132m

A story of summer love unlike any other, the sensual new film from the director of I Am Love,  set in 1983, charts the slowly ripening romance between Elio (Timothée Chalamet), an American teen on the verge of discovering himself, and Oliver (Armie Hammer), the handsome older grad student whom his professor father (Michael Stuhlbarg) has invited to their vacation home in Northern Italy. Adapted from the wistful novel by André Aciman, Call Me by Your Name i s Guadagnino’s most exquisitely rendered, visually restrained film, capturing with eloquence the confusion and longing of youth, anchored by a remarkable, star-making performance by Chalamet, always a nervy bundle of swagger and insecurity, contrasting with Hammer’s stoicism. A Sony Pictures Classics release.

https://www.filmlinc.org/nyff2017/nyff55-ticket-information/

On-Sale Dates
August 28-31: Board, Patron, and VIP Passes
September 1 at 12PM – September 4 at 11:59PM: Package Fulfillment
September 6 at 10AM: Film Icon single-ticket pre-sale
September 6 at 2PM: Cinephile single-ticket pre-sale
September 7 at 10AM: Film Buff single-ticket pre-sale
September 8 at 11:59PM: single ticket pre-sale ends
September 10 at 12PM: Film Lover, Student, and General Public On-Sale

Prices
Main Slate & Special Events:
$20 Member & Student / $25 General Public
Opening Night:
Alice Tully Hall: $75 Member & Student / $100 General Public
Centerpiece & Closing:
Alice Tully Hall: $50 Member & Student / $75 General Public
All Other Programs:
$10 Member & Student / $15 General Public

General Information
There is a maximum of two tickets per screening.
There is a $2.00 fee per ticket for online orders.
Advance tickets can only  be purchased online or at the Alice Tully Hall box office.
All ticket fulfillment is subject to availability.
Delivery Options
Print at Home (Free, Recommended): For the first time this year, we will be offering free print at home ticketing. Tickets will be sent to you via email within 48 hours.
Mail ($5.50 P&H Fee): Tickets will be sent within 7-10 business days.
Will Call (Free): This option will only be available closer to the festival.

Venue & Box Office Information
Alice Tully Hall
1941 Broadway (between 65th Street and 66th Street)
Sunday: Noon – 6:00 p.m.
Monday – Saturday: 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m
Also open until 30 minutes after the start of any performance.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 06:55:39 am by Aloysius J. Gleek »

"Camping Out"

• BetterMost Supporter!
CALLMEBYYOURNAMEFANART
https://twitter.com/polinakeoning
https://keoning.deviantart.com/

by Keoning

I brought my drink to the far end of the patio, took out a chaise longue, and, facing the long balustrade, tried to enjoy the half hour of full sun. I liked to sit and watch the waning day spread itself out into the pre-dusk light. This was when one went for a late afternoon swim, but it was good to read then as well. (....)

It took me a while to realize that I was striking a pose.

I wanted him to come back and catch me ever so relaxed. Little did he know what I was planning for tonight.

Recited/Narrated by Armie Hammer

CALLMEBYYOURNAMEFANART by Keoning  

https://twitter.com/polinakeoning
https://keoning.deviantart.com/

Fan Art / Digital Art / Drawings / Movies & TV©2017 Keoning
#CMBYN   #CallMeByYourName
#elio  #elio perlman  #oliver  #ulliva  #laterpeaches 🍑
#book   #novel   #film  #movie  #sonyclassics   #lgbt
#art #artwork #artist #portrait #vector #digital art #digitalart
#digitalpainting #fanart #fanartdigital
#peach #pink #orange #brown
#eyebrows #hair #nose #lips

« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 11:54:30 pm by Aloysius J. Gleek »

"Camping Out"

• BetterMost Supporter!

A meaningful, pure, romantic drama that focuses on a love that has no boundaries, the utterly raw and important character building qualities of life and the building of memories and experiences that should never be forgotten. Pure cinematic perfection.

http://www.thehollywoodnews.com/2017/09/08/call-me-by-your-name-review/

TORONTO
INTERNATIONAL
FILM FESTIVAL

TIFF 2017 Review
Call Me by Your Name
Armie Hammer delivers a fine performance in this heart-wrenching,
utterly brilliant piece of filmmaking, which may just be the film of the year.

by Paul Heath
September 8, 2017

‘A stunning portrait of love and romance’ ... Michael Stuhlbarg, Timothée Chalamet and Armie Hammer in Call Me by Your Name

Slowly and quietly, Armie Hammer is fast-becoming one of the finest and indeed most exciting American actors of his generation. Following a superb turn in this year’s Final Portrait  comes this heart-wrenching but utter beautiful complementary piece which, like Stanley Tucci’s period film, made its European debut at the Berlin Film Festival back in February. ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Portrait )

In Call Me by Your Name,  Hammer plays the role of the dashing young American Oliver, a twenty-something student who is spending the summer of 1983 ‘somewhere in Northern Italy’ with Michael Stuhlbarg’s Mr. Perman, along with his French wife, Annella (Amira Casar), and their multi-lingual son Elio (Timothée Chalamet).

Elio is clearly bored of the sun-drenched rolling fields, the unlimited supply of cheap tobacco and the countless opportunities to go skinny-dipping in moonlit lakes with willing female companions. The arrival of Oliver changes all of that with the impressionable young seventeen-year-old clearly looking up to the handsome American both in terms of his strong-willed sensibilities, worldliness, intellect, and companionship.

The two form a quick bond, Elio slowly becoming intrigued by Oliver’s confidence rather than being threatened by it – though his charm is clearly starting to take effect the locals. Their six-week summer together is clearly heading in the obvious direction, and they begin to while away the hours together, be it lounging reading literature next to the small ‘pool’ next to the Perlman’s summer house, or taking trips to run errands into the local town. Elio, while engaging in a relationship with the beautiful teenager Marzia (Esther Garrel), clearly has feelings for Oliver, and that attraction is definitely mutual.

Call Me by Your Name  is a stunning portrait of love and romance, expertly told by writer James Ivory who adapts from the source material – the original novel by André Aciman. From the wonderful opening title sequence, and throughout, the film is beautifully crafted, be it the near-flawless performances from its two leads, the skillful sun-drenched cinematography from Sayombhu Mukdeeprom, or the stunning largely piano-sourced musical accompaniment.

Armie Hammer excels as the alluring, likeable Oliver, but it is break-out star Chalamet who deserves the most praise here. The young actor, who we’ve seen in the likes of Interstellar  and Men, Women and Children  in the past, lights up the screen in every scene, and will both make your heart warm and ache in equal measure – especially during the climactic few scenes. Stuhlbarg is also nearing a career best here – and potentially a best supporting actor nod come early 2018 – as the likeable father of Elio who, in the last reel delivers perhaps the best monologue in any film we’ve seen this year. It’s almost comparable to the late, great Robin Williams’ wise ‘bench scene’ in Good Will Hunting  twenty years ago – one which will have you reaching for those tissues if you haven’t managed to grab hold of them before.

It’s so hard to fault the picture. Obviously sharing themes with last year’s eventual Best Picture winner Moonlight,  Call Me by Your Name  is absolutely as good, and oh so much more. It’s difficult to find something in here for anyone to not to relate to – a meaningful, pure, romantic drama that focuses on a love that has no boundaries, the utterly raw and important character building qualities of life and the building of memories and experiences that should never be forgotten.

Pure cinematic perfection.

Call Me By Your Name was reviewed at the  2017 Toronto International Film Festival, and will be released across the UK on 27th October, 2017.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mp_f3_JXI3w[/youtube]
CALL ME BY YOUR NAME
TIFF 2017 REVIEW

Armie Hammer & Timothée Chalamet

Published on Sep 8, 2017

"Camping Out"

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't

• BetterMost Supporter!
Wow!

More to come, I'm sure!  :D

This is a passionate love story that actually manages to find room for the uncomfortably overwhelming emotions and honest reflections that allow the story to play as more than a fairy tale. It’s a film that will touch all those who know such feelings, no matter how different their experiences may have been.

http://dorkshelf.com/2017/09/06/tiff-2017-call-me-by-your-name-review/

TORONTO
INTERNATIONAL
FILM FESTIVAL

TIFF 2017 Review
Call Me by Your Name
It’s a sensuous and rapturous ode to first love that plays out through images
of postcard beauty and moments of almost embarrassing honesty.

by Phil Brown
September 6, 2017 | 3:34 pm

Sexual experimentation, academia, lounging, and peaches ... Timothée Chalamet, Michael Stuhlbarg and Armie Hammer in Call Me by Your Name

Call Me by Your Name  is a coming of age tale of sexual experimentation, academia, lounging, and peaches that couldn’t be more specific in it’s origins. Yet, there’s something about the way that director Luca Guadagnino (I Am Love, A Bigger Splash ) captures and casts the flick that somehow elevates the material into something universal. This is a passionate love story that actually manages to find room for the uncomfortably overwhelming emotions and honest reflections that allow the story to play as more than a fairy tale. It’s a film that will touch all those who know such feelings, no matter how different their experiences may have been. 

Timothée Chalamet stars as the prodigy son of an academic father (Michael Stuhlbarg) and loving mother (Amira Casar) who live a life of luxury, relaxation, and ridiculously sumptuous food in early 80s Italy. Every summer the Stuhlbarg hosts a grad student and this year it’s Armie Hammer, with all the dapper hunkiness that implies. Slowly Chalamet and Hammer do a lil’ flirtatious dance and fall for each other, but only after the boy makes his first moves with a girl. It’s a sensuous and rapturous ode to first love that plays out through images of postcard beauty and moments of almost embarrassing honesty. Throughout it all Guadagnino balances sumptuous cinematic style with delicate drama. Somehow neither side overwhelms the other.

That’s a more difficult balancing act to pull off than it seems, one that Guadagnino hasn’t quite achieved himself before now. In doing so, he reaches a new plateau as a filmmaking and feels like a vital voice in international cinema rather than a promising one. The performances are remarkable across the board and the script from James Ivory (best known for writing the stuffiest of British chamber dramas in the 90s) bounces along with impressively breezy naturalism. There are two scenes in particular that will sear their way into any viewer’s mind. One delightfully perverse moment with a peach designed for giggling gasps and the other a beautiful (and painful) monologue of remarkably sensitive fatherly advice. For a film to be daring or wise enough to contain and deserve either scene would make it a success, to have room for both is what makes Call Me by Your Name  truly special.

"Camping Out"

• BetterMost Supporter!

But Michael Stuhlbarg has the Scene,  the one you can imagine being played as the Oscar clip at the ceremony in March—and the one any viewer will instantly recall when seeing Stuhlbarg’s name on a shortlist or "For Your Consideration" mailer.

TIFF 2017
Don’t Overlook
Michael Stuhlbarg
in  
Call Me by Your Name

The character actor has the least-flashy role in this Italy-set romance—
but his is the scene you’ll remember when you leave the theater.

by KATEY RICH
SEPTEMBER 7, 2017 5:02 PM

If you’ve heard anything about Call Me by Your Name,  which screened to a packed audience at the Toronto Film Festival this morning, it’s probably not about Michael Stuhlbarg. An intensely romantic and sexy story, starring chiseled-from-marble Armie Hammer and incandescently youthful Timothée Chalamet, it’s full of so many gorgeous, memorable moments—The lake! The piano! The peach!—that the man playing the bearded, amiable father could have slipped through the movie largely unnoticed.

But then he has his scene. Not the final scene in the movie, but it feels like it—featuring a monologue that, without spoiling anything, sums up the enormous emotion of the movie (depicted thus far mostly in images and action) in simple, loving, fatherly words. Other movies about youthful romance might use a flash-forward, or a character’s inner monologue, to put the whole thing into a broader context. Call Me by Your Name  just needs Stuhlbarg’s words, delivered in such a straightforward way that you don’t realize the emotional wallop of the pack until the scene is over.

Stuhlbarg’s role up to that point is fairly small, as any parent’s might be in a story of a teenager falling in love. A professor living with his French wife in northern Italy on an estate rich in fruit trees and ponds and leisurely lunches, Stuhlbarg’s character could seem academic and remote. But he brings warmth to his briefest scenes, and an obvious affection for the son at the center of the story.

It’s a story of same-sex love, set in 1983, but Call Me by Your Name  avoids so many doom-and-gloom tropes of the genre; Chalamet’s Elio is confused and out of place, but there’s never any sense of harm that would come to him by embracing his true feelings. That sense of safety comes from Stuhlbarg—and it not only gives Elio the confidence to express himself but also gives director Luca Guadagnino room to create a lush love story that’s about pain but only the kind achingly familiar to anyone who’s ever felt the heart’s absence.

That final scene makes Stuhlbarg’s essential role in the story clear—and it leaves the audience walking out of the theater thinking about him. Which could be the key to keeping Stuhlbarg in the conversation as the great machinery of awards season lumbers to life. He and Hammer will both be campaigned in the supporting categories, with Chalamet in lead, which puts Stuhlbarg at something of a disadvantage, since he has the smaller and far less flashy role. (At the center of the story, Hammer and Chalamet are both remarkable, and completely deserving of the full awards push they'll each receive as well.)

But Stuhlbarg has the Scene, the one you can imagine being played as the Oscar clip at the ceremony in March—and the one any viewer will instantly recall when seeing Stuhlbarg’s name on a shortlist or "For Your Consideration" mailer.

Supportive Father Figure is less of a hoary Academy trope than Supportive Wife, but it still has a strong history—think Christopher Plummer in Beginners,  or Mahershala Ali just last year in Moonlight.  Stuhlbarg also has an excellent fall ahead to boost his case, with roles in both Guillermo del Toro’s The Shape of Water  and Steven Spielberg’s The Post.  It’s possible that Call Me by Your Name  might not even be Stuhlbarg’s best performance of the year. But nearly a decade since his breakout role in A Serious Man,  Stuhlbarg’s moment for Academy recognition seems to have arrived. And if Call Me by Your Name  continues to be as well-received as it had been since its rapturous Sundance premiere, this movie may just be the one to get him over the finish line.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 12:33:52 pm by Aloysius J. Gleek »

"Camping Out"

• BetterMost Supporter!
CALLMEBYYOURNAMEFAN
https://www.garow.me/users/erkinaken/4225893710

my thoughts only
going nowhere

by @erkinaken

I got a copy of the korean translation of #callmebyyourname #cmbyn
with a beautiful illustration cover, and it's aesthetically so satisfying.
The title changed, and it can translate into "that year, the summer's guest."

and there's THE peach🍑🍑🍑 [in Elio's hand, see??] 😂😂

https://www.garow.me/media/1571539586949360017_4225893710

this kind of love and aspiration, @tchalamet @armiehammer

Elio and Oliver in the illustration cover look exactly alike @tchalamet and @armiehammer 😎😎,
which makes everything better and sweeter 🙌🙌

CALLMEBYYOURNAMEFAN by @erkinaken

https://www.garow.me/users/erkinaken/4225893710

2017/08/01 10:40:58

#CMBYN   #CallMeByYourName   #Elio #Oliver  #laterpeaches  #🍑
#elio perlman   #oliver ulliva
#book   #newbook  #bookstagram #translation
#film  #movie  #sonyclassics   #lgbt

(Click here for this fan's other post, page 4 in this thread)

Ulliva, Ulliva, Ulliva ---it was Oliver calling me by his name
when he'd imitate it's transmogrified sound as spoken by Malfalda
 and Anchise; but it'd also be me calling him by his name as well,
hoping he'd call me back to mine, which I'd speak for him to me,
and back to him: Elio, Elio, Elio.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 12:40:05 pm by Aloysius J. Gleek »

"Camping Out"