Author Topic: Armie Hammer & Timothée Chalamet find love in Call Me By Your Name (2017)  (Read 779623 times)

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
https://www.list.co.uk/article/98294-timothee-chalamet-thanks-armie-hammers-wife-in-acceptance-speech/

The 29th Annual Palm Springs International Film Festival Awards Gala:
Timothee Chalamet thanks Armie Hammer's wife in acceptance speech
3 January 2018

Timothée Chalamet thanked Armie Hammer's wife Elizabeth Chambers for letting him "crawl" over her husband while filming 'Call Me By Your Name'

Timothée Chalamet thanked Armie Hammer's wife for letting him "crawl" over her husband.

The 22-year-old actor stars alongside 'The Lone Ranger' actor in the coming-of-age film 'Call Me By Your Name', and at the 29th Annual Palm Springs International Film Festival Awards Gala on Tuesday (02.01.18), Chalamet won the rising star award.

At the event in California, Chalamet - who won the award alongside co-honouree Gal Gadot - thanked Hammer for his "brotherhood" but turned towards his wife Elizabeth Chambers and gave a more comical speech.

He said: "It's truly an awesome feeling to get to be in the Rising Stars category tonight alongside Gal Gadot. Gal, your film has literally made 250 times more money than my movie has. I'm left feeling a little insecure, unqualified to be up here but it's OK.

"Armie, it's a lot easier to be up here because you're one of my best buddies. Seriously I'm grateful for your big brotherhood and your guidance and friendship.

"To have someone in your position, and as talented as you are, be a mentor to me for the last two years is invaluable to me. I really mean it, man.

"And special thanks to Armie's wife, Elizabeth Chambers, who is here tonight, as well, who is as crucial to this process as anyone.

"And for letting me crawl all over your husband for two months. Thank you for that."

'Call Me By Your Name' - which is based on the novel of the same name - follows the story of a young Italian man named Elio (Chalamet) who meets Oliver (Hammer) after he visits the country to stay at his parents' villa.

The pair then develop a passionate relationship, as they bond over their shared Jewish heritage and their sexuality.

Both actors have been nominated for a Golden Globe for their performance in the new movie by Luca Guadagnino.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 10:52:23 am by Aloysius J. Gleek »
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

• BetterMost Supporter!
Interview on a French
chat show, Quotidien,
by Yann Barthès
in both French and English
(with subtitles--er, somewhat)

PART 1
[youtube=960,540]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpzVhNZMxTc[/youtube]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpzVhNZMxTc

PART 2
[youtube=960,540]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2hdEjTW56U[/youtube]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2hdEjTW56U

Timothée Chalamet and Armie Hammer
of Call Me By Your Name interviewed by
Yann Barthès on Quotidien (French TV)

allisxn
Published on Jan 25, 2018

ORIGINAL IN FRENCH
[youtube=960,540]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WGi-BP3JSE[/youtube]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WGi-BP3JSE

Quotidien - Invités Timothée Chalamet et Armie Hammer : atouts charme du jour

Comment by
         subscriber John Cock - 4 days ago (edited) Jan 26
         "when the host realizes he's in love" (9:25 - 9:28min)

sandra innit
Published on Jan 25, 2018

« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 11:01:52 am by Aloysius J. Gleek »

"Camping Out"

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
It's wonderful to see the adulation. . .and the funny clothes!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

• BetterMost Supporter!
It's wonderful to see the adulation. . .and the funny clothes!!

Yup!!   8) 8) 8) ::) ::) ::) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:   (Shiny, no??)

"Camping Out"

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
So last night, I pointed the car north and made the hundred mile round trip I had been planning to make since November. To the same theater where I had seen Brokeback Mountain, The Grandin. Call Me By Your Name was playing in a short run of only a week in one of the side theaters. It was the 5:10 showing, I think there were six of us to see it, but when we came out there was a healthy crowd waiting on the next showing.

It was not the gut punch Brokeback was, but what it was was wonderful. So lush, so perfect in its setting and cinematography. The story, the identifying, oh mah gawd peaches!

1983, will there ever be anything like it again? While Jack Twist met his end these two were on the other side of the world, exchanging shirts. Seeing something like this movie is like being given permission to reimagine ones own life, to walk up to that familiar line never crossed and just tell the guy, hey, I know things. Things I would want to share with you. And maybe it was because there were in Italy, maybe because they were educated, there was just enough wiggle room for that guy to take a chance.

1983 will never come again. Not in my life or anyone else's. The kids coming up they will have there own summer of love. Art like this it opens up something in us that is not natural, to look back and try to inform our own stories by the ones we have read or seen. It is a phenomenon that only recent generations would know of. Being able to look back, and appreciate, and long for.

I checked my local library, they have 4 copies, and a waiting list of holds for it. Yeah, I will be spending some time with this one.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

• BetterMost Supporter!
I also thought that Jess would have a fucking fit it she ever saw it.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
Thank you, Truman.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
Parody, I suppose.

• BetterMost Supporter!
So if fans of BBM are Brokies, would fans of CMBYN be.........Peaches?   :laugh:

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
 :laugh: :laugh:

Peachy keens!
"chewing gum and duct tape"