Author Topic: Let's discuss  (Read 20885 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Let's discuss
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2017, 09:57:30 am »
Ennis is someone who needs to be pushed - by people, by events and by life itself. He is not someone who actively pursues a dream or an ideal, that's for sure. But i strongly disagree that Ennis would be happy to let Jack do all the work while he's putting his feet up (after commitment to Jack!).

I don't think that anyone  said that Ennis would be happy to let Jack do all  the work. 

As for Ennis needing to be pushed, didn't Jack push for 20 years?  How much pushing is he expected to do?

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2017, 10:10:07 am »
Ennis: "Well, I never promised you to stem a rose garden."

:laugh:

Corax, DCF is another forum devoted to Brokeback Mountain. It used to be called the Dave Cullen Forum (DCF) after its founder, but now it is called the Ultimate Brokeback Forum. 
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Corax

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2017, 12:30:22 pm »
Corax and Chuck,
My underlying precondition for this discussion is that both love each other. Therefore, it cannot be that one works on the relationship more than the other.

Oh yes it can be that way. But you are right in your saying that it should not be that way.

Offline Corax

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2017, 12:32:45 pm »
:laugh:

Corax, DCF is another forum devoted to Brokeback Mountain. It used to be called the Dave Cullen Forum (DCF) after its founder, but now it is called the Ultimate Brokeback Forum. 

Thx for explaining that to me. 😀

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2017, 03:54:09 pm »
Thanks for the laugh, Lee!   ;D

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline BBM_victim

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2017, 08:38:32 pm »
As for Ennis needing to be pushed, didn't Jack push for 20 years?  How much pushing is he expected to do?

I don't think Jack pushed enough for somebody like Ennis. They hardly talked about their situation. Think of their last trip - after 20 years Jack still goes with Ennis' BS to tell each other lies just to keep up appearances - not towards the society or any people they know otherwise, but just among them two, in the middle of nowhere! Jack bringing up so much courage to just say that he misses Ennis tells me that Jack was shit-scarred himself. Not scarred of being killed for being gay but just scarred of Ennis' reaction, which means to me that he was an extremely insecure person (and other reasons as mentioned above already). He had his outburst(s), but they happen only when he's so desperate and hurting that his usual common sense is totally knocked out. And he calms down quite quickly - see "Damn you, Ennis". I kind of know this because i'm absolutely the same kind of person... I take it and take it and take it and at some point blow a gasket but the problem is not getting solved because i get passive again quite quickly. And this just cannot be the right way to discuss painful issues. I learnt that i have to force myself to set up a situation to be able to talk calmly about such issues, which is not easy at all. It's like turning yourself inside out and stepping out on grounds you're not familiar with, it drains me of all energy afterwards. Sometimes i succeed to get my point across and achieve some sort of agreement and sometimes i come to agree with my counterpart that he's right. But at least there is some conversation going on. Jack and Ennis - they did not talk.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2017, 10:40:07 am »
I don't think Jack pushed harder  because Ennis shot him down each time.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!