Author Topic: Archive Unveiling *Updated on 4/10*  (Read 21217 times)

Offline littledarlin

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • darlin=andrew, guitar=mandy
Archive Unveiling *Updated on 4/10*
« on: April 05, 2006, 01:13:01 am »
Well you may have already seen it, you may have been part of it, you may have heard buzz about it, or you may have no idea wtf I'm talking about.

Last week during the infamous troll wars, desperate to save some of our most valued, classic moments on the IMDB boards, a group of people scavenged the boards and saved every thread they could.  The mission: to have a safe, simple archive we can go to to save our favorite threads, and read ones we may have missed.

The threads are going to look exactly like the IMDB page, but it is read-only, you can not reply to these threads, they will have to manually updated if the threads still exist on IMDB.  That can easily be done by contacting me.

There are a few aspects I'd like to work on, that will take time, like the layout, the categorization of the threads, and adding more threads that we overlooked.  If you have any suggestions or notice any errors once you've looked it over, feel free to respond in this thread or PM me.  And if you are mentioned anywhere, or have any threads you started, or replies you made and you do not want them on here, let me know, I'll gladly edit it out.

Please, please, please keep the link within this forum.  Just as a precaution.  We don't want to post links all over and have IMDB shut us down, now do we?!  lol  But seriously, treat this link like you would an invitation to this board.

Last, but not least, I have to give many thanks to everyone who was involved in saving these threads.  First to all of us for making these threads, spilling our guts all over the internet for fellow brokies to see, making heart felt thought provoking posts, hilarious laughter inducing posts, and informative and resourceful posts.  Damn, we're smooth.

A very special thanks to:  Jenny, Ann Marie, JUDE<3, Lee, Lynn, Kelda, Celeste, Joyce and Courtney.  If I left anyone off who contributed, I'll never forgive myself  :(  Or maybe I will, it's late and my eyes hurt and I can't think straight.

Hope you enjoy..

http://www.geocities.com/bbmarchive

Update on 4/10/06:  If you find threads on IMDB that are NOT on the archive, and think they should be, please do the following:

Go to the thread.  Right click.  Click "View Source" or "View Page Source".  Click edit, select all, copy.  Open Notepad or Wordpad (we're going as basic and simple as possible, so please avoid using Word), paste text, save the file with a relevant name (i.e. thread.txt). 

If you have multiple threads, please zip them, and attach them to an e-mail.  Or just the single txt document.  The e-mail is [email protected]

If you feel confident that the thread will not be deleted within 24 hours, just PM me a link to the thread and I'll get to it as soon as I can.

We are working on organizing the threads into more specific categories, and a few threads have been added in the past week.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 08:02:02 pm by littledarlin »
We can hug on November, caress and nice oak.

vkm91941

Re: Archive Unveiling
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 01:17:44 am »
ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!!!  :o A huge round of applause for Jenny, Ann Marie, Lee, Lynn, Kelda, Celeste, Joyce and Courtney and anyone else ;D who helped create this wonderful Vault  of our words and memories!  You are all incredible!

Offline montferrat

• "hunh?!"
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 01:20:41 am »
Wow!  That is so freakin' cool!   Except, I hope I don't find some horrible post I made whilst PMSing....

And whatever happened to valerie-lp ???

I used to love her!
"hunh?!" ~ Ennis Del Mar

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 01:21:01 am »
Bad ass!  Thanks everyone!

Offline Flashframe777

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • autumn auteur
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2006, 01:21:35 am »
Thanks!  Wonderful.
"yet he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream"

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2006, 01:21:46 am »
wow! thanks everyone, that is amazing!
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline Spooky_Rabbit

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Jimmy
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2006, 01:26:50 am »
That is amazing!

How did you do that?  Magic?

Nice to see our old stuff, couple I even began.

A M A Z I N G ! ! !   ;D
I know I shall meet you on that final day! Water Walkin' Jesus, take me away...

EnnisDelMar

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2006, 01:28:08 am »
 :o Wow...thanks a lot guys!

Offline littledarlin

• darlin=andrew, guitar=mandy
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2006, 01:29:23 am »
That is amazing!

How did you do that?  Magic?

Nice to see our old stuff, couple I even began.

A M A Z I N G ! ! !   ;D

it was hardly magic.  it was a labor of love, lots of e-mails, and even more copying and pasting lol
We can hug on November, caress and nice oak.

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2006, 01:35:54 am »
Wonderful.  Thanks to all who contributed.
Ah, the lake scene camera move.