Author Topic: Archive Unveiling *Updated on 4/10*  (Read 21243 times)

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
Re: Archive Unveiling
« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2006, 12:10:09 pm »
littledarlin--LOVE your tagline! "we can hug on novermber caress and nice oak"---Anyone else notice it? Like a little kid trying to sing the Star Spangled Banner (not sure why, anymore...the SSB...)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 03:00:51 pm by julie01 »
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I am pretty good with a canoe tho..
Re: Archive Unveiling *Updated on 4/10*
« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2006, 01:29:58 am »

You know what I loved?  Last night (when this place was a ghost town cause all you guys were still snoozing) I jumped on here and scrolled back through some of my favourite threads from IMDb, you know, before it fell under an Anarchist regime.

I loved reading back through my all-time FAVOURITE thread - "What Nuance of Cowboy Etiquette Did You Learn From This Film?" and now that I "know" everybody, i read what everybody volunteered back then and it cracked me up in a whole new way.

I have that thread saved into a Word file on my desktop, only I deleted out who wrote what and just kept the etiquette tips.  Ellemeno, you're my hero - I totally forgot that you contributed most of the ones that made me laugh till I had tears..

Was a wonderful little trip I assure you..  ;D
Chut up!

Offline YaadPyar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Unstickying
« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2006, 12:32:39 pm »
OK kids - most folks have seen this and bookmarked it with their favorites, and we're not getting much conversation on this thread, so I'm going to unsticky.

If anyone wants it re-stickied for important updates...just let one of the moderators know.

Thanks so much again to Andrew & Jenny and everyone who worked so hard to create this masterpiece.
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline silkncense

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "It's alright; 's alright."
« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2006, 03:22:04 pm »
I may have missed this - but are we saving any of the threads from here (or is it even necessary?)  Love the Brokeback Slang, for one.
"……when I think of him, I just can't keep from crying…because he was a friend of mine…"

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #54 on: April 16, 2006, 05:15:55 pm »
I loved reading back through my all-time FAVOURITE thread - "What Nuance of Cowboy Etiquette Did You Learn From This Film?" and now that I "know" everybody, i read what everybody volunteered back then and it cracked me up in a whole new way.

Ellemeno, you're my hero - I totally forgot that you contributed most of the ones that made me laugh till I had tears..

Wow, I knew there was a reason to go through all the thank yous!  I adore that thread too, along with the emoticons one (Rebus Delight).   I love the Brokback slang we've started here too.

LJ, who knows - it porbably couldn't hurt to archive what you love.  Phillip says he plans to keep it all, but you never know what could happen. 

Offline littledarlin

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • darlin=andrew, guitar=mandy
« Reply #55 on: April 17, 2006, 12:17:22 am »
I may have missed this - but are we saving any of the threads from here (or is it even necessary?)  Love the Brokeback Slang, for one.

the idea of archiving threads from here hasn't come up, and doubt it will, we still have tons we're working on and about 100 or so more threads to add from the imdb boards.  i'd say save your favorites to your hard drive just in case, but i honestly don't see a threat in anything being lost from bettermost.  which is why we love it here so much :)
We can hug on November, caress and nice oak.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2006, 11:09:23 pm »
Wow!  100!  That's impressive.  :o  Yeah, the last several times I've checked the archives it's been "under construction."

Happy days.
 :)
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2006, 09:40:00 pm »
This is significant.  I think this is the first time I've ever bumped anything over on BetterMost.  Awww.... nostalgia for the old board.

Anyway, I'm curious to hear how this project is going?
cheers!
 :D

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #58 on: April 28, 2006, 09:51:19 pm »
Well, thanks for asking Amanda (and by the way has everyone wished Amanda a very happy birthday?! I missed it last week--but I'll say it again now in public--Happy Birthday Amanda! Have a the ride of your life!

So, the project is going well, but slow. Maybe this weekend me and Andrew will get to do some more archive organizing. That is the point we are at now. And he still has several, many? threads to post on there. Then when I am done with a couple of other pressing projects, my thing will be to take a few more of the best threads I saved in Word on the old PT board, and re-post them on IMDb again in a re-formatted way so it's easier to read than just black type on grey, (i.e. add in the bolded and italicized things, and "blue" everyone's name so it's easier to follow the thread) and then we'll repost that re-posted and re-formatted version in the archive, since we can't directly post the word document.

I think the organization of it all is going to be awesome. I'd say it'll be about two or three weeks before it's really ready.

Jenny
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #59 on: April 29, 2006, 12:29:13 am »
Heya Friend!

Thanks so much for the birthday wishes!  And, also I just think it's amazing to see how much work you're doing!  I'm very excited to see the finished product. 

cheers!
Amanda

:D :)