Author Topic: TOTW 06/09: What would you say to Ennis?  (Read 30765 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: TOTW 06/09: What would you say to Ennis?
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2017, 09:39:34 pm »
I don't think there is anything that anyone could've said to Ennis.   He was so wrapped up in his desire to pass as straight,  a few words from a gay person wasn't going to do anything.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline BBM_victim

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2017, 10:31:02 pm »
Hey CellarDweller!

"..a few words from a gay person.." - do you mean Jack by that?
I wouldn't say that Jack was some random gay person for Ennis - i think you will agree. His words to Ennis would have a greater effect than anybody else' in the world. That's why i wished he would have told him something like that...

By the way, i had another thought on this. Some days ago i was reading some other terrible stuff - about serial killers, children killers, rapists. After some time i could not have it anymore and i returned back to this forum and BBM (ok, i never really left ;) ) and it felt SO much like home! It felt like a SAFE place, filled with so much LOVE. And you know what, i had another idea of what to tell Ennis:

=========
Brutal murder of people who are in love with someone of the same sex is a terrible thing, no doubt about that. But the world is much bigger than Riverton, Wyoming / Texas or even the United States. The world is filled with horrible things you actually don't ever want to know. You have something very special with Jack, you are the "safe heaven" for each other. In this cruel, unsafe world keep your loved ones close to you as much as you can. Stick together, share moments, protect and nurture each other - you will never know what will happen tomorrow. Pull Jack close and don't ever let him out of your sight!
=========

This is not perfect. Accept it as it is.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2017, 06:14:00 pm »
Hey CellarDweller!

"..a few words from a gay person.." - do you mean Jack by that?

The title of the thread is what would YOU  say to Ennis.  I was talking about myself.  A few words from a gay person (me) to Ennis wouldn't change anything, he was too entrenched in preserving the image he was projecting.

I thought I was the only one who read about serial killers.  :laugh:

I have the Serial Killer Encyclopedia on my bookshelf.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2017, 04:26:25 pm »

I have the Serial Killer Encyclopedia on my bookshelf.

Why am I not surprised....?   ::) ::)

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2017, 06:01:00 pm »

Offline quityou

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2018, 11:35:59 pm »
(when the girls go back to Alma after the weekend Ennis turns Jack away, post-divorce)

"You motherfucker, yer killin him, cain't you see?! Get yer ass in that truck and- christ, Ennis, does it look like i'm done talkin? Stop bein such a pussy and get in the goddamn truck."
.... ....
"Put yer seatbelt on."
"Alright. Now we're gonna go get Jack back afore you make an even bigger mess a things. Shut the fuck up and lemme drive - no, i'm not gettin out a the car, i know you; you'll turn around before yer even halfway there."
.... ....
"Yeah that's what a thought. Now you think on what you done ta that man and what yer gonna say ta him when we get down ta Childress."
oct 10, 2018 - day i watched bbm.