Author Topic: so bright. new observation of first tent scene.  (Read 8967 times)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: so bright. new observation of first tent scene.
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2006, 02:19:29 pm »
And yes, Vic, I have only recently seen Ennis' leaning towards Jack even as he's saying "whaaryuun" -- such great acting to show confusion and desire co-mingling. This scene gets better and better.

Yes, I finally noticed that too only after someone else pointed it out. Now it is one of my favorite things in the movie. Partly because for me that whole moment is one of the most profound and moving in the film. In that moment, Ennis allows himself to acknowledge how attracted he is to Jack, and to set aside all the prejudices and fears he has held all his life so he can follow his desires instead. Yay!

Offline sparkle_motion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Stacey.
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2006, 03:58:02 pm »
I've very excited about seeing this part. I've been thinking about it all day and it seems like it wouldn't fit the scene for Ennis to grab Jack's head. I think it seems too intimate and considering how he acts the next morning, he wasn't in to being intimate on that level yet.
...then you ask me about Mexico and tell me you'll kill me for needing somethin' I don't hardly never get.

Offline RingerFanatic

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2006, 07:32:19 pm »
Yep! I was so happily surprised to actually see some stuff happening in that first tent scene on my dvd. The theaters were waaaay too dark. You also see a clearer shot of Jack & Ennis sleeping in the tent with Ennis' arms around Jack at their last trip. So sweet! Everything on the dvd looks better lighted. :)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2006, 01:10:44 am »
>>You also see a clearer shot of Jack & Ennis sleeping in the tent with Ennis' arms around Jack at their last trip. So sweet!

Oh, thank god! It's the only hopeful moment in the last half of the film; I'd love to see it more clearly.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2006, 03:26:17 am »
You guys are not describing my DVD :(  Mine is very dark.  This is the one that Jenny newyearsday bought at that place in New York.  Maybe my Amazon one will be better.  I hopes.  I want to see the handholding.

vkm91941

« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2006, 06:03:47 am »
Hey Elle

Some folks were implying that there may be a problem with the copies ordered from Amazon...Similar to the Wal-Mart issue.  BUT I got mine from Amazon and it's perfect...but I have an almost new ( 1 year old) 36 inch Digiital-Stereo Flat Screen TV  soooo? Who knows.  But I could SEE and HEAR everything perfectly.  It was an almost  >:D religious  :angel: experience

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2006, 06:56:13 am »
Well, you know the old expression Vic, size matters!    ROTFLOL     :angel:

Offline YaadPyar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2006, 07:39:15 am »

BUT I got mine from Amazon and it's perfect...but I have an almost new ( 1 year old) 36 inch Digiital-Stereo Flat Screen TV  soooo? Who knows.  But I could SEE and HEAR everything perfectly. 

DVD from Amazon + 6 yrs-old 20' Sony Vega = perfect pic

No problem with my Amazon DVD whatsoever, but am wondering if I need a bigger tv!  The picture on these Sony Vegas is excellent though, so probably won't spend the $$.
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2006, 01:48:42 am »
ok, I admit there may be a few threads I have not read entirely, but this seems like a good place to pose this question:  at the end of the FNIT scene, just before Ennis drops his head on to Jack's back, there is a a final grunt, and I know why this exquiste noise is uttered, but by whom?  Is it Jack, or is it Ennis?  I can't figure it out!  Anybody???
Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

Offline Aussie Chris

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2006, 03:28:54 am »
ok, I admit there may be a few threads I have not read entirely, but this seems like a good place to pose this question:  at the end of the FNIT scene, just before Ennis drops his head on to Jack's back, there is a a final grunt, and I know why this exquiste noise is uttered, but by whom?  Is it Jack, or is it Ennis?  I can't figure it out!  Anybody???

My guess: Ennis as he... <ehem>.  No reason, only a guess.
Nothing is as common as the wish to be remarkable - William Shakespeare