Author Topic: Seven years, damn. How does your Brokie experience effect your life these days?  (Read 6580 times)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Surely, Katherine, you mean "affect".  LOL

Thanks, editor!  :)  Your right ( ;D).

E/Affect is one I always have to stop and think about for a moment, and this time I apparently neglected to do that.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
Now I'll stop calling you Shirley.  8)

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
I'll never forget all the sympathy calls/emails I got when Heath died.

I will always remember this:

Heath was declared dead late in the afternoon, I only found out about it when I got a call from Rich, who was very distraught.  It was around the time I leave work, so I left, keeping Rich on the phone to try and calm him down.  That night, most of my coworkers saw the story.

The next day at work, I got the message that Jackie had died.  I sat there in my cube, trying to processes this, and focus on work, when three coworkers came over to tell me that they were sorry about Heath.  I vaguely remember telling them that I didn't know Heath, but that my friend Jackie just died, and the lost it and burst into sobs.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
I will always remember this:

Heath was declared dead late in the afternoon, I only found out about it when I got a call from Rich, who was very distraught.  It was around the time I leave work, so I left, keeping Rich on the phone to try and calm him down.  That night, most of my coworkers saw the story.

The next day at work, I got the message that Jackie had died.  I sat there in my cube, trying to processes this, and focus on work, when three coworkers came over to tell me that they were sorry about Heath.  I vaguely remember telling them that I didn't know Heath, but that my friend Jackie just died, and the lost it and burst into sobs.

That was so hard on you, Chuck.  I was knocked over when Heath died.  To have it happen again the next day with a close friend---it's just too much to even think about.  ((((((((((Chuck))))))))))
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
How I became a Brokie: After seeing the movie in January of 2006, I was hit by a sudden need to talk about it with like-minded people. Surfing around, I found the discussion board on imdb. Trolls began to infiltrate, but my need to discuss the movie was so great that the trolls didn't bother me at all. I believe it was somebody in Texas who told me about the hidden board over on Chez Tremblay. I only participated for a week or two when Celeste orchestrated our exodus to BetterMost. I joined BetterMost on March 8 and was grateful to Celeste and NewYearsDay for their faith in me as a Brokie. Others thought I was a troll, and some people accused me of masquerading as a man, which I never did (there are many female Rangers!) During that summer I met my first sister Brokies, serious crayons and LauraGigs. I also met Marge Innavera on a trip to Kansas City. I got very excited about going to Wyoming in the fall and meeting more Brokies, but was told by Ohiomyown that I couldn't go (because of the suspected troll thing again). I will always regret not going on that trip. Fortunately, I got together with five other Brokies in the late fall and we began organizing our own get-together for Memorial Day 2007, and that's how me end up here!

As for how the Brokie experience affects me today, it has really changed my life. However, I haven't been able to see as much of my Brokie friends as I would have liked in the past few years because my travels have taken me way out in the middle of nowhere. I'm about to remedy that by taking off for Boston tomorrow, and it's going to be high-class entertainment all the way!
"chewing gum and duct tape"