Author Topic: The "I LOVE everything Jack" thread  (Read 40854 times)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: roboy's "I love everything Jack"
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2006, 09:24:23 pm »
I love story-Jack for carrying that little puppy around in his jacket on the way up the mountain.  Cute.  :)
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
Re: The "I LOVE everything Jack" thread
« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2006, 01:40:29 pm »
I love Jack in the motel scene: the smile that goes along with "Redlined it all the way...". Ahhh, <melting>  And I love the kiss on Ennis's hair behind the ear. I didn't discover this kiss until a few days ago, because it was left out in the German dubbed version: you can not hear it.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2006, 01:53:18 pm »
I love Jack for always responding with a huge smile when Ennis teases him.

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2006, 02:08:29 pm »
I love the way Jack drags so thoughtfully on all those cigarettes, especially the one he's smokin' when he sees Ennis' fire down below, so to speak.  And the way he licks his lips afterwards, too - makes me wonder if they taste buttery, like Heath's favorite smokes.  :)
No more beans!

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2006, 03:59:52 pm »
I love the way Jack drags so thoughtfully on all those cigarettes, especially the one he's smokin' when he sees Ennis' fire down below, so to speak.  And the way he licks his lips afterwards, too - makes me wonder if they taste buttery, like Heath's favorite smokes.  :)

Barb - What do you mean "Ennis' fire down below"? (barb nasty!) and oh yea, how come you know that Ennis' smokes taste buttery, Hunh?!!?? Ha! - BTDT?

I Love Jack's gentle nature with Ennis - never struck him once - except by accident - & even then - that's how the talisman (the two shirts) came to be. "Jack Nasty" ... I think not!
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2006, 12:56:29 pm »
I loved him with his slang, his use of wordchoice, i.e. "Friend, ..." even when your so much more then just a friend.

Offline Emmanuellover

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2006, 10:55:46 pm »
I love the way his mouth tips when he smiles/laughs.......(in real life and in the movie)....

Love it when he sits at the top of the mountain and looks down on Ennis' fire below...thinking of him....

Absolutely love the way the eyebrow goes up when he hints to Ennis about coming back next summer....

Offline Rayn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I'm also on FaceBook under Rayn Roberts
« Reply #57 on: May 19, 2006, 02:32:00 pm »
I love the way Jack says, "All right."  I love it when he kicks his truck, love it when he's shaving in the rearview mirror and is lookin' at Ennis (sly devil), love how he says, "Son of a Bitch" in the reunion hug.  I love Ennis' late arrival after the bear... Jack's anger turns so quickly to compassion as he tries to wipe Ennis' bloody head.  I love it when he tell his father in law to "Sit your ignorant ass down before I knock it into next week!" But most of all, I love Jack for knowing who he is and how he feels about Ennis.  Jack may have died, but Jack's love never does.

Rayn

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #58 on: May 19, 2006, 02:38:52 pm »
I love Jack's extremely subtle smiles -- when he first sees Ennis outside the trailer, when Ennis joins him inside the tent.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2006, 08:01:19 pm »
I love Jack's distinctly dirty knees in the flashback scene.
 ;)
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie