Author Topic: The "I LOVE everything Jack" thread  (Read 40989 times)

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
Re: The "I LOVE everything Jack" thread
« Reply #90 on: October 09, 2006, 05:50:06 pm »
Just remembered: In "Cruising," there is a whole big deal about what color bandana you have sticking out of your back pocket, and what it means you're in the market for I rather liked "Cruising," (I know many didnh't), but I never could figure out the ending.....
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

moremojo

« Reply #91 on: October 09, 2006, 06:12:59 pm »
Just remembered: In "Cruising," there is a whole big deal about what color bandana you have sticking out of your back pocket, and what it means you're in the market for I rather liked "Cruising," (I know many didnh't), but I never could figure out the ending.....
I overall disliked Cruising (the one time I saw it on cable TV), and did agree with many of its critics that it was homophobic, but didn't think that the element of a gay serial killer alone made it homophobic (anyone remember the name Jeffery Dahmer?). I remember the scenes involving the color-coded bandanas, and the second of these scenes is one of many that I felt contributed to the homophobic tone of the movie.

As for the ending (possible spoiler warning here), there is the strong implication that Al Pacino's character has become a self-hating homosexual serial killer in his turn. Pacino gives a good performance in this, by the way, but this doesn't mitigate the homophobic tone of the overall production.

Offline JT

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #92 on: October 09, 2006, 11:16:46 pm »
Penth: Jack does NOT say "right," no matter how recently you saw the DVD, he says "yeah," and it's the most perfect one-syllable lie I ever heard...

Agree that Jack finds Lureen attractive; this is different from being attracted to her.

I don't like hunks, straigtht or gay, but Jack in his bandana is definitely hot. Hey, just try to imagine Jack in any outfit, from any period of history....hot.

I agree that Jack says "Yeah" after Ennis said he left his shirt up there.  But Jack did say "Right" after Ennis said,"...I guess I'll see you around, huh?"  I guess that's what confused us.

I can't agree more on your comment regarding finding someone attractive vs. attracted to someone.  To me, finding someone attractive just means that you think they're good-looking but not necessarily that you like them.

I like hunks of either kind and I think Jack looks hunky in that cowboy outfit.  It would be interesting to see Jack in different outfit of history, but I think I like his cowboy self the most.

Offline Noviani

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Best Love Story of All Time
« Reply #93 on: November 22, 2006, 11:23:00 pm »
LOVE Jack's look when he waits Ennis finished up his home story " that's most words you spoke in 2 weeks!

he knows Ennis is opening up and maybe he is the only one lucky to hear ennis actually talk.. :P
"Sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it..."

I finally found an Indonesian-translated version of BBM short story!!!!!
Ye-haww!!

Offline Noviani

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #94 on: November 22, 2006, 11:26:01 pm »
I love the way he finds Ennis's hand so quick without opening his eyes, and the way he looks so calmly at him after Ennis says "what'r you doin'?" and the way he reaches across to grab Ennis's hand at the end of the sex, and so,ebody stop me!

Jack's gifted with good sensoric nerves a guess.

maybe an off topic but a always want to know was Jack hurt on the fisrt sex? seems so quick with no prep...

Ye-haww!!

moremojo

« Reply #95 on: December 07, 2006, 02:55:32 pm »
maybe an off topic but a always want to know was Jack hurt on the fisrt sex? seems so quick with no prep...
In real life, I don't see  how someone in Jack's position could not be hurt by the rough tryst we see in that scene--not to be vulgar, but saliva does not good lubrication make. For the story and film's purposes, perhaps we are being implicitly asked to suspend belief a little bit at this moment.

On the other hand, maybe we are meant to infer that Jack did hurt, yet nonetheless submitted to the experience (which he, after all, initiated). He was so attracted to Ennis, and possibly even already in love with him, that even this rough intimacy might have been more than welcome to his mind.

Offline coffeecat33

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #96 on: December 09, 2006, 12:36:42 am »

What I LOVE most about Jack: crooked smile

I LOVE Jack's resilience: He has the capacity to love despite a deprived childhood and the ability to be thrown from a bull, get up, and do it again.

I LOVE Jack's bitching: He makes bitching and swearing into an art form.

Offline JT

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #97 on: December 10, 2006, 01:53:31 pm »

What I LOVE most about Jack: crooked smile

I LOVE Jack's resilience: He has the capacity to love despite a deprived childhood and the ability to be thrown from a bull, get up, and do it again.

I LOVE Jack's bitching: He makes bitching and swearing into an art form.

Damn!  He's really hot in this pic.  I love his crooked smile too and his huge capacity to love another person.

Offline Noviani

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #98 on: December 11, 2006, 07:08:53 am »
Hello Moremojo!

thanks for the view. yeah i guess so.  :-\ about the pain I mean. but i bet he had longed for such intimacy since few days before.

anyway,

I Love Jack for: his patience and endurance. just take the post-divorce scene..if that happened to me, i might have been evaluating my whole relationship...and just sink for disappointment.  :'(

but not our hero Jack

xxx

Ye-haww!!

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #99 on: December 15, 2006, 04:56:28 am »
      i love that jack likes things with a low startle point...the bouncy mare, and ennis..and was determined to tame both of them....

i love jack when he is contemplating something, and sticks his tongue in the corner of his mouth and looks so sexy and puzzled...

Beautiful mind