Author Topic: Referencing Your Tremblayans (it's just like elementary school)  (Read 16684 times)

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
Re: Referencing Your Tremblayans (it's just like elementary school)
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2006, 10:39:12 am »
Hello David Thomas! I like that sound of that... I've always liked people with two names  ;)

As for me, I think the other Mandy and I decided that you can call me Mandy I and her Mandy B

I also ocasionally go by Mandster...

Hope that helps the confusion if there was any!
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2006, 10:40:49 am »
For the first time in a while, I've found a place where I'm the only Sarah (any Sarahs speak up!).  My roommate in college for two years was Sara and I was one of four Sara(h)s in a high school class of 56.  Thanks mom.  College friends called me by my last name a lot.  My last name has always been a mild embarrassment but I've learned to embrace it.  I guess.  It begins with a B.  And I didn't change it to my husband's because his begins with a K -- ew!

But I feel like Henrypie around here.

And I have a middle name I like but it's Ellemeno's special privilege to know it.  Wait no it's not.  It's in my bloody email address.  Oh okay, it's Jane.

Sarah Jane Jewie-Jew.

TheStudDuck

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2006, 10:46:39 am »
Well, of course people can still call me affectionate variations of my username -- i.e. Studly -- but people still call me David, and I don't want to just yank that option away from people because I like that option.

You know what would be a lot of fun?  If we do that thing where we refer to people with the same name by identifying the place that they come from.  You know... everyone that is from Boston always attaches "Boston" before their first name -- if you've seen that movie Blow with Johnny Depp, or Survivor Season 8, you should know what I'm talking about.

So we could have Hartford David and Indiana David... hehe -- I think that's mainly because I love how there is an Indiana Jones, hahaha... but I do like the middle name addition, as I am used to that method when sharing my name.  Like I said, that's what I'm called when my uncle is over.

So, what is Hartford David's middle name?  Because if he thinks for one second that he's getting away with being the David that is simply called "David" then he is out of his mind.  You have to do the middle name thing just like me, buddy!

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2006, 10:50:40 am »
I love Sarah Jane! What a great name, also very melodic...
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline fernly

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2006, 11:38:55 am »
Hi, it's me Lynn (no e), in case there's any confusion with Lynne (Hi, Lynne!) who's the moderator at Movie Resources.
I'm fine with being called either Lynn, or fernly, or fern - I'll answer to any a them.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 02:08:08 pm by fernly »
on the mountain flying in the euphoric, bitter air

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2006, 12:08:06 pm »
OK,  It's settled then.  You can call me "Indiana"   ROTFLOL    >:D

TheStudDuck

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2006, 12:50:15 pm »
OK,  It's settled then.  You can call me "Indiana"   ROTFLOL    >:D
Oh, you think you're soooooooooo clever.  *mumbles obscenities*

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2006, 02:35:09 pm »
Hell  I was only thinking out loud.... (walks away waving dishes in hands)     ;)

TheStudDuck

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2006, 02:40:50 pm »
Yeah, you're a real thinker, alright.

Offline Nicole

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Nicole R.
    • MY MySpace Page
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2006, 02:43:56 pm »
AHAHAHAHAHA!  Davids, you are cracking me up! 

I am Nicole R and it's okay David Thomas Indiana S. - my last name was in my handle at IMDb, so I don't care if it's known - I trust all of y'all.  It's Ross - boring and yuck.  I always say that the only reason that I will take my future husbands last name is if it's better than mine b/c I hate mine.  Whoever's is nicer wins.  I'll put Nicole R. under my avatar so it'll be  a permanent reminder.
   Cowboys do it better