Author Topic: Come and see My pictures Tell us about your hobbies!  (Read 107054 times)

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • " Save a horse ... ride a cowboy "
Re: Come and see My pictures Tell us about your hobbies!
« Reply #290 on: January 29, 2007, 09:27:12 pm »
Thanks Marlb and David~
I do love to paint and draw. In the spring I think I will invest in new paint and brushes and get into it again. most of the paintings I have done I  have given to friends and family for their walls, I have actually sold a couple.  I do however have a couple of my least favorites left.   I should dig them out and take a couple pics and post them for you to see.   As far as drawing goes I love to do portraits. So most of the time they are given away to the model.

I can't wait till spring when I can get into it again!  Ir's very relaxing and therapeutic for me. Thanks for your replies!
" Save a horse... ride a cowboy "

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 30, 2007, 08:28:50 am »
Thanks Marlb and David~
I do love to paint and draw. In the spring I think I will invest in new paint and brushes and get into it again. most of the paintings I have done I  have given to friends and family for their walls, I have actually sold a couple.  I do however have a couple of my least favorites left.   I should dig them out and take a couple pics and post them for you to see.   As far as drawing goes I love to do portraits. So most of the time they are given away to the model.

I can't wait till spring when I can get into it again!  Ir's very relaxing and therapeutic for me. Thanks for your replies!

Geri, this is a wonderful idea for a thread. It gives us all an opportunity to get to know each other better.

Like you, I paint recreationally. I have painted since childhood. My preferred medium is oils on canvas. My preferred style varies. I've worked through every style from formal studio portraiture to Surrealism to Abstract Expressionism, and everything in between!

I have been represented in many exhibitions over the years, though I have not as yet had a one-man show. I recently sold a large abstract to some friends who had moved into a stylish, ultra-modern apartment. They wanted something to go with their decor. They now own three of my paintings.

Here is one of my Abstract Expressionist paintings titled "Isis in the Midnight Brightly"

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 30, 2007, 08:35:07 am »
I call this painting "Ave Atque Vale." I painted it following the death of a very dear friend. It is dedicated to his memory.

It is inspired by the Kahlil Gibran quote, "For what is it to die but to stand naked in the wind and to melt into the sun?"

« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 08:41:26 am by Kerry »
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #293 on: January 30, 2007, 08:37:39 am »

"Portrait in C Minor"

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • " Save a horse ... ride a cowboy "
« Reply #294 on: January 30, 2007, 09:56:33 am »
Kerry~

I am  astonished by your work!  They are wonderful!   I can see why people would pay money for them. your abstracts are as good as anything I have seen out there!  Tell me Kerry, did you study art in school?

I must admit kerry, you are a very unique, and colorful individual. Thank you for sharing these pictures with us. please post some more !!     8)
" Save a horse... ride a cowboy "

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 30, 2007, 06:16:08 pm »
Kerry~

I am  astonished by your work!  They are wonderful!   I can see why people would pay money for them. your abstracts are as good as anything I have seen out there!  Tell me Kerry, did you study art in school?

I must admit kerry, you are a very unique, and colorful individual. Thank you for sharing these pictures with us. please post some more !!     8)

Gee, thanx Jess and Geri.

Yes, Geri, I have studied art, but only at school -  nothing more advanced. It's only ever been a hobby with me. I get most of my inspiration from my maternal grandfather, who lived next-door to me while I was growing-up. He was a draftsman by profession, but long since retired by the time I was born. He was very artistic and had me painting before I could write!

I'll try to find some more to post (alas, I don't have a lot in digital format).

LOL

Kerry
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Cameron

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #296 on: January 30, 2007, 07:32:47 pm »
Hey Kerry

I am blown away by paintings,

They are awesome!!!!!!!

and inspiring!

I have to try to paint or something, knitting  just dosn't compare.

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 30, 2007, 08:08:40 pm »
Hey Kerry

I am blown away by paintings,

They are awesome!!!!!!!

and inspiring!

I have to try to paint or something, knitting  just dosn't compare.

Thank ya, Marlb. I'm glad you like them. I disagree about knitting LOL. I have seen some very creative knitting! My dear deceased Mama was a great knitter and I cherish some examples of her work.  :)
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Cameron

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #298 on: January 30, 2007, 08:43:39 pm »
Thank ya, Marlb. I'm glad you like them. I disagree about knitting LOL. I have seen some very creative knitting! My dear deceased Mama was a great knitter and I cherish some examples of her work.  :)

Thanks Kerry,

Yes there is some real creative knitting out there.

I tend to do plainer things, I don't have to buy sweaters ::) ::) ::)

Although I do have aspirations of doing more 'artistic'  things,

Hard to get started though

Did I say your paintings are wonderful ;D ;D ;D

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 30, 2007, 08:58:08 pm »
Did I say your paintings are wonderful ;D ;D ;D
Shucks (blush) - Thank ya Marlb.  :-*
γνῶθι σεαυτόν