Author Topic: Come and see My pictures Tell us about your hobbies!  (Read 108112 times)

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • " Save a horse ... ride a cowboy "
Re: Come and see My pictures Tell us about your hobbies!
« Reply #380 on: February 10, 2007, 06:52:26 pm »
The sad part of this picture is that all of them had their whole lives inn front of them still. Now even their children could all be dead or really old. Life is sad when you see those faces that are just ghosts now. Each of them had a story we will never know!

I think back in the harder times kids grew up allot faster. hell they probably didnt have much of a childhood at all! it shows on their faces.

mexico Ny.  thats about 30 minutes from here! i seen that on Cnn too! its just as bad here.  And the worse thing is it's gonna keep up all next week too! :o
" Save a horse... ride a cowboy "

Offline ffrn

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #381 on: February 10, 2007, 07:29:12 pm »
Kerry,

I love your paintings!  I'm usually not into asbtract art at all - much prefer traditional landscapes - but the colours you use are gorgeous!!   Have you ever thought about having your own exhibition?

Offline Cameron

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #382 on: February 10, 2007, 08:11:03 pm »
The sad part of this picture is that all of them had their whole lives inn front of them still. Now even their children could all be dead or really old. Life is sad when you see those faces that are just ghosts now. Each of them had a story we will never know!

I think back in the harder times kids grew up allot faster. hell they probably didnt have much of a childhood at all! it shows on their faces.

mexico Ny.  thats about 30 minutes from here! i seen that on Cnn too! its just as bad here.  And the worse thing is it's gonna keep up all next week too! :o

You are so right about the picture. In the city there are these amazing flea markets on the weekends. They have everything possible there.  I love to go and just walk around and look but I never buy.  It is just to sad to me too buy things that were left by people who have died. There are always several tables where people sell nothing but old pictures. Most of them are real old, turn of the last century.  I am truly fascinated to look at them but they also do trouble me and haunt me.  The first reason is because like you put it so well Geri, there are of ghosts, people who did have lives but now are no longer here, in person or even in someone's memory.  Also, because these pictures have just ended up in boxes being sold for a couple of dollars at a flea market, with no way of knowing who the people were or what there lives were about.  I don't know but it is so hard to think about, the passing of time and of life.  But yet I am just so fascinated to look at the old pictures.

And there will be spring flowers soon

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #383 on: February 11, 2007, 02:11:44 pm »
ffrn~ your animals are gorgeous!   Esoecially that stallion!  That first picture of the Deerhound, he was huge!  Or are you really short?   I have never seen them for real, just pictures but they are beautiful dogs for sure!

We have another dog breeder and shower here! UntamedFriesian .  He left some pictures a few pages back too.

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #384 on: February 11, 2007, 02:22:18 pm »
You are so right about the picture. In the city there are these amazing flea markets on the weekends. They have everything possible there.  I love to go and just walk around and look but I never buy.  It is just to sad to me too buy things that were left by people who have died. There are always several tables where people sell nothing but old pictures. Most of them are real old, turn of the last century.  I am truly fascinated to look at them but they also do trouble me and haunt me.  The first reason is because like you put it so well Geri, there are of ghosts, people who did have lives but now are no longer here, in person or even in someone's memory.  Also, because these pictures have just ended up in boxes being sold for a couple of dollars at a flea market, with no way of knowing who the people were or what there lives were about.  I don't know but it is so hard to think about, the passing of time and of life.  But yet I am just so fascinated to look at the old pictures.

And there will be spring flowers soon

Nice picture Marleen! Really puts me in a Spring mood!

Your so right about those pics. And its really sad about the passing of time and life. When I think too much about it I get stressed out cause there is nothing you can do about it. I have even tried to have really boring weeks to try to make them slow down alittle!   But nothing works!  I can remember once that I was invited  to this big party. I just couldnt wait for it, It seemed like the day was taking forever. I was wishing the days to get over so the party would finally be. The reason I couldnt wait was a boy I had a huge crush on was gonna be there! I still can remember the long wait today. That was twenty two years ago. I cant believe all that time has passed since then!  Oh yeah, the boy did'nt show up!  And the party was a real drag!

Offline acoustic man

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #385 on: February 11, 2007, 02:39:02 pm »
Geri what a cute story! I never knew.... I am sorry I missed the party. Luckily I have plenty of years to make it up to you.... And I am sure you will make me make it up.... boy will you make me make it up!!! I guess that is what you would call a labor of love ;D
"Night after night he'll treat you right baby it's the guitar man"
www.myspace.com/tulliodellaquila

Offline Cameron

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #386 on: February 11, 2007, 08:00:51 pm »
Hey Geri,

Yes, I certainly know that feeling, of waiting for something, and then its gone.  I started thinking about the passage of time when I was 12 and feeling that I was so old and missing being 8 ::).   I never tried deliberately having boring weeks, good one, but for me that happens by itself though.

One day when I was in college and I was walking around the streets near it (the school was in the city), I stared at the Flashdance and Micheal Jackson  posters in a store window (when they were the hottest things around) and I actually stopped and as I stared I thought that some day both will seem so incredibly old and so :o long ago.

OMG, that was a little more than 23 years ago ::) ::) ::)

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
Re: Come and see My pictures Happy Valentines Day!
« Reply #387 on: February 14, 2007, 12:59:50 pm »
Happy Valentines Day!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #388 on: February 14, 2007, 04:29:16 pm »
Geri, that cute cupid looks a little like you! Have a wonderful day, sweetie!!

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #389 on: February 14, 2007, 04:56:31 pm »
Awwh!  thank you Lee!  You have a great day too! :)