Author Topic: Tainted Evidence by Beatriceorme  (Read 131624 times)

Offline Beatrice

• Jr. Ranch Hand
Re: Tainted Evidence by Beatriceorme
« Reply #90 on: March 06, 2007, 08:05:05 pm »
A voice cries from the RL wilderness...Teaser Time!

“Goddamnit!” Who knew, who knew where Jack was supposed to be?

Shouts in the otherwise subdued and relatively mundane world of a med/surg floor had enticed the curiously bored to each open door, caretaker and cared for alike forming two parallel lines of potential targets.

“Everybody! Back in your rooms!” The staff, here and ER…

The authority and urgency was quite apparent in the voice, yet the possible casualties were still reluctant to relinquish their vicarious claim on this rare piece of excitement.

“Damnit! BACK IN YOUR ROOMS!” And Daniel…and Herman…

Perhaps it was civic duty that pricked their consciouses into action, or the sight of a single man barreling down the hall had a very short shelf life - crazed cop with gun or no - that sent the rubberneckers scurrying to safety. More than likely, though, it was Ennis’ over the head, over exaggerated weapon cocking and the whiz of a series of bullets flying that missed his head by a whisper.

…and the whole fucking hospital ‘cause I shouted it across the waiting - “Fuck!”

An off-beat and frantic rhythm of slamming doors, all gone to ground except –

“You!” A feminine figure in white froze, her retreat hesitating a moment too long, and mid-flight, Ennis latched on to a thin arm, dragging the unfortunate nurse along with. Hunnie had no time, no time to… “I'm Sgt. Del Mar. Come with me!”

“Sir – what – I – too – what – please – don’t – I -” her confused stammering as disjointed as her frightened stumbling, “Stop – you - hurting – please -”

“Here! A pause only to shove his cargo at the door of 722. “Check on Jack!” Jack is fine, Jack is OK, Jack, please, please be… Then back to the chase.

I WILL see youse guys tomorrow!

B   
"He was the refuge of my spirit, the sweet solace of my griefs...what more is there, then can I say? Was it not a foretaste of blessedness thus to love, and thus to be loved?" St. Aelred, from his eulogy for his lover, Simon.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #91 on: March 07, 2007, 05:09:51 am »

Like i said,, mean mean and hateful wench,,,but i love mean and spiteful wenches, of which i am proud to be one,,,,see ya tamarrow......hehehhe
                                                                                                          janice

Beautiful mind

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #92 on: March 07, 2007, 08:26:38 am »
Holy Crap, B!!!  That went beyond teasing.  Janice is right - you are evil!   :laugh:
We love ya, B.  Can't wait for tonight!

Thanks!
Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline cwby30

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #93 on: March 08, 2007, 01:46:40 am »
Evenin'.

She's teasin' us like the old trailer at the afternoon matinee for the next chapter in the Western serial.  The good guy is in the wagon, knocked out by the bad guy, the horses have somehow slipped the harnesses and run free, and the wagon is careening towards the cliff!  Oh, no! But, wait...the other good guy and best friend to the first good guy is riding hell bent for leather towards the wagon.  Will he get there in time to save his best friend?! Will the bad guy get his just rewards?! Will they live happily ever after? [Wait, that didn't happen in Westerns. Darn. Well, here it can.] See you next week, kids!!

Can't wait that long! Will tomorrow never come?!

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #94 on: March 08, 2007, 08:51:08 am »
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #95 on: March 08, 2007, 09:25:18 am »
now mind you...

I don't do a lot of reading, but when I do I beat down the door to only a handful of fics, and I read myself to my evening nap on T.E. tonight!  holy smoke! I sense a novelistic climax!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Beatrice

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #96 on: March 10, 2007, 12:33:15 pm »
Thanks, everyone!

Kerrfuflements are a bitch, but having supportive readers and friends help ease the sting.

Starting #35 today, so keep your fingers crossed that my Muse is talkative.

Thanks again!

B
"He was the refuge of my spirit, the sweet solace of my griefs...what more is there, then can I say? Was it not a foretaste of blessedness thus to love, and thus to be loved?" St. Aelred, from his eulogy for his lover, Simon.

Offline cwby30

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Tainted Evidence
« Reply #97 on: March 10, 2007, 01:34:44 pm »
Mornin'.

Had a long chat with your muse a short time ago.  He's talking up a storm now! Hope he's making sense, talking so fast.  Sounds like someone we know. 

Looking forward to #35, and all the others. 

mvansand76

« Reply #98 on: March 12, 2007, 10:44:43 am »
OK, I have already admitted here that sometimes I have no clue what happened in a chapter sooooooo I am hopefully not gonna sound too dumb or crazy when I say that I did not understand one thing of the latest chapter.... Sorry Beatrice...

Can somebody help me?  ???

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #99 on: March 12, 2007, 12:03:12 pm »
OK, I have already admitted here that sometimes I have no clue what happened in a chapter sooooooo I am hopefully not gonna sound too dumb or crazy when I say that I did not understand one thing of the latest chapter.... Sorry Beatrice...

Can somebody help me?  ???

Aww - you're not dumb or crazy, Mel!!  I'm not B - but maybe I can help.  Do you want a kind of synopsis or is there a specific question or questions? 

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain