Our BetterMost Community > BetterMost People

Up on Brokenback for a memorial to John Trudell

(1/7) > >>

Front-Ranger:
Who's interested in gathering on Brokenback to pay our respects and perform the last wishes for John Trudell? The July 4th weekend has been suggested. July 4 is on a Thursday, and it is the traditional date of the Ten Sleep Rodeo, an old-time small-town rodeo such as Jack would have participated in. The actual date is up to leader Dana, but I'm just trying to take the temperature of interest here.

southendmd:
I won't be able to make it.   :(

Jeff Wrangler:

--- Quote from: Front-Ranger on April 12, 2019, 11:12:14 am ---Who's interested in gathering on Brokenback to pay our respects and perform the last wishes for John Trudell? The July 4th weekend has been suggested. July 4 is on a Thursday, and it is the traditional date of the Ten Sleep Rodeo, an old-time small-town rodeo such as Jack would have participated in. The actual date is up to leader Dana, but I'm just trying to take the temperature of interest here.

--- End quote ---

I would love to get back to Wyoming again (hell, I'd settle for Colorado), but even when I am present to support the grieving, I feel weird and uncomfortable at funerals/memorials/etc. for people I did not know. It feels like intruding.

Front-Ranger:
I'm going to try to finalize accommodations for the Wyoming trip today. It looks like folks will stay at some new cabins just south of Ten Sleep on July 3-4, within walking distance of the rodeo. Then, we have tent camping planned for the 5th on or near Brokenback. We taking a suite at the Occidental Hotel in downtown Buffalo for the 6-7th. Then, back to Denver. Attendees so far are Larry (Oregondoggie), Dana, Lynne, me, and Adam. There is room for one or two more.

Front-Ranger:
Well, we've made reservations for everyone and there is a comfortable range of accomodations from tents to cabins to motel rooms. It's going to be great!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version