Author Topic: NC-17 RATED FUN: LET'S GET REAL HERE--How Many of Us Have Been SWOONING Nonstop?  (Read 488185 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Last night I watched Monster's Ball for the first time...but being here would have been a lot more fun! Thanks everybody for leaving a record of your party, it was fun to catch up. Can't imagine where this would have gone if you had been IMing. (That's the route I would have taken-- Roll that tent up every morning, don't leave no sign...)
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Nah, it's more fun to have a permanent record...when all of us sinners march off to hell.

Sorry I missed the party, too. I crashed on the couch. Maybe another night...

What did you think of Monster's Ball? I didn't particularly care for it, but Heath was good. I could see why Larry McMurtry saw Ennis in him in that role.
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

rtprod

Yeah, it was quite a party last night here...  >:D

I actually really liked Monster's Ball and knew right there that Heath baby had it in him.  Even before Brokeback, reflecting on that film he came to my mind.

However, I did feel that Letitia was a rather limited role and that Halle's Oscar was pushing it, fine as she was.  I know it's hard to believe, but sometimes the Academy might be a little off...

rt 
« Last Edit: April 08, 2006, 11:18:01 am by rtprod »

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
I dunno, something about Billy Bob Thornton gives me the creeps--wearing Jolie's blood in a vial around his neck--and I couldn't get past him as a person to get into him as the character in the movie. But that's me, I guess. Plus, I didn't see it in the theater, only on DVD and that always makes a difference. I might've felt differently if I had seen it on the big screen.

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

rtprod

Something about floodgates gushing at the Oscar podium turned me off to the film.  Unfairly, I know.

rt

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
I realy liked "Monster's Ball," but not as much as Brody planting that kiss on Halle---the following year--no, that year, cause she was wearing that beaujtiful dress (and I NEVER notice clothes!)--speaking of great kisses, that was a great one! It may not have been the very best picture of the year, but count the few fuckin times it EVER is! Waitaminute--she won, but I 'm not at all sure the pictute did...

Sorry to have queered (so to speak) the works with the Dahl story--but it looks like either nobody read it, or at least got over it plenty quick

Think I'll keep posting "Big 6" untill someone guesses who he is...closer to 1900 than 1910...CLICK TO MAKE LARGE:
« Last Edit: April 08, 2006, 12:13:59 pm by julie01 »
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline starboardlight

• nipith.com
Think I'll keep posting "Big 6" untill someone guesses who he is...closer to 1900 than 1910...CLICK TO MAKE LARGE:

I have no idea who he is, but keep posting him. that's a beautiful face.
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
Hey you guys, I first saw this thread a few days ago when it was about two pages long, later thought of this scholarly esoteric post I was going to contribute examining the way this movie highlights the complex but fascinating nature of erotic fantasies and sexual orientation and gender ... and then I couldn't find the thread again.

Finally, this morning, I find the thread again and discover that in the interim it has become considerably more, um, tumescent!

Sorry I missed the fun. I'ill check in again this evening and be ready for anything.

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
Tentative feeler:

Does anyone watch Bill Maher? And happened to have heard his hysterical one-liner on BBM a couple of weeks ago? (the week before that, he gave the dumbest review of BBM I ever saw or read...sounded like he either never saw the movie, or fell asleep when he got there..I wrote him saying so...)

Anyway, does anyone...it's, er, real raunchy, and I'm not sure everyone would think it was funny...

Hint: many people think he was the greatesat pitcher of all time. Here he is AGAIN...click to make large.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2006, 01:04:00 pm by julie01 »
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
I thought Halle Berry gave a fantastic performance in Monster's Ball. She had to to get us to believe she would be attracted to that rodent, BB Thornton. But everyone else in the movie seemed out of her league, too.
"chewing gum and duct tape"