Author Topic: Happy Halloween!  (Read 12502 times)

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Happy Halloween!
« on: October 29, 2006, 12:01:36 pm »
You'd be surprised how many people didn't "get" this outfit at the neighborhood Halloween party last night.  It's like what are you, blind *and* deaf?  ;)

No more beans!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Happy Halloween!
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2006, 12:20:22 pm »
I love it, Barb! Please be sure to post your costume here too:

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php?topic=5424.0

To me, this costume represents the battle between the red and blue states. Am I warm at all??

p.s. I especially love the shoes!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2006, 12:25:36 pm »
Oh, poop.  Sorry I missed that thread.  I'll post it over there, too.

I like your take on it, but actually I'm supposed to be a "Devil With a Blue Dress On" (like the song).

I saw a really cool one last night - another girl came as half devil, half angel, cut right down the middle.  Even painted half her face all red and had fire-engine red hair on that side and platinum blonde on the other (she used a rinse on her own hair, which is platinum blonde.  Hope it comes out OK!)

I actually already had the dress and shoes - I bought them the same day many years ago to wear to a semi-formal New Year's Eve party.  Never wore either since, so they are in mint condition.  I just had to buy the wig with horns and pitch fork, which I found at my friendly neighborhood Target.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2006, 12:32:53 pm by ednbarby »
No more beans!

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2006, 12:50:59 pm »
You'd be surprised how many people didn't "get" this outfit at the neighborhood Halloween party last night.  It's like what are you, blind *and* deaf?  ;)

Voted the best costume of the year.

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2006, 01:12:39 pm »
Well I went walking thru the French Quarter in New Orleans last night and I was disappointed not to see any guys dressed up as cowboys.  And there were alot of gays. Is BBM already passee?  Then again, dressing up like a cowboy might just mean your a tourist visiting from Houston or points farther west.

I'm going back down Tuesday evening as that will certainly be the big night.  It's usually a hoot to see who/what will be spoofed this year.   Ppl can be quite cleaver and creative.

Your costume like quite catchy there Ednabarby.   The Devil wears ???

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2006, 01:28:15 pm »
Barb,

"Devil with the blue dress on": that's fabulous!

I was out to dinner in Provincetown last night and there were ten Madonnas !!  Ten guys each dressed as a different Madonna: i.e. Like a Virgin Madonna, Evita Madonna, League of Their Own Madonna, Blonde Ambition Madonna, Ray of Light Madonna, etc.  Very creative.

I'm  going as a cowboy this year, but that looks strange enough in New England, vs New Orleans.

Paul

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2006, 02:31:40 pm »
I went out to a Hallow's eve party and street party last night dressed as Alex from 'A Clockwork Orange' and in the vast celebration in the gay part of town saw many many many many cowboys, but this is Texas. It's hard to tell when someone is 'dressing up' Brokeback or just normally dresses like that.

I think I saw one for certain - he wore both the striped Ennis shirt covered with the denim Jack shirt.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2006, 03:47:00 pm »
You look beautiful, Barb.  I like Lee's take on the red and blue states - and which is the devil. :)

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2006, 07:42:51 pm »
Oh, I didn't even think of The Devil Wears Prada.  No wonder so many people have been so confused.  :)
No more beans!

Offline Katie77

• Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2006, 06:05:35 pm »
Excuse my ignorence, as we dont have Halloween over here in Australia.....but is this the time when you decorate all the pumpkins....

I received these pics in an email today, and thought i would share them in this thread....
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection