Author Topic: Sorely Missing the Trailer on the DVD  (Read 4688 times)

rtprod

Sorely Missing the Trailer on the DVD
« on: April 05, 2006, 02:50:46 pm »
With one of the most talked-about and imitated trailers of all time, it's baffling why it didn't end up on the DVD. 

EnnisDelMar

Re: Sorely Missing the Trailer on the DVD
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 02:53:03 pm »
I remember how eagerly I was following and anticipating the relase of the trailer. At the time I was reading the story every week and even then thinking about Jack and Ennis all the time, then the trailer was released...and I just COULD NOT WAIT to see the movie.

TheStudDuck

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 02:54:46 pm »
Agreed.  I looooove the trailer.  My mentor and I were talking about this yesterday.  How if we just had a few minutes of spare time, we would go to the computer and watch the trailer, just because it was so good.  And here it didn't even make the DVD.  Unbelievable.

I'm confident that it will make the special edition, though.  Along with a lot of other stuff, including commentaries.

rtprod

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 03:09:55 pm »
I hope both of you guys are right.  We need to have that trailer on a good format, other than online. 

rt

EnnisDelMar

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2006, 03:22:16 pm »
I only saw the trailer once in theatres when I saw Walk the Line.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2006, 03:23:34 pm »
Since I never saw the trailer in the theater before the movie was released, I'm really disappointed it wasn't included in the DVD.

Jeff
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2006, 03:42:23 pm »
Sorry I sort of got the wrong end of the stick, I though you were missing Aguirre's trailer! LOL ;D
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline Spooky_Rabbit

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Jimmy
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2006, 03:52:54 pm »
Yes! Yes!

A thousand times yes!!   ???
I know I shall meet you on that final day! Water Walkin' Jesus, take me away...

Offline amh

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • C'mere, baby.
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2006, 03:54:05 pm »
I *love* the trailer too, although I've heard others aren't fond of it.  I first saw it last summer - I knew nothing about Brokeback Mountain before then, not even about the short story.  But when I saw the trailer, I couldn't *wait* to see it!

I'm sad it's not on the DVD too - I do have it downloaded on my computer and have played it ad nauseum.  Here's hoping it's on the Collector's Edition whenever it comes out.
:-* This ain't no rodeo, cowboy.

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2006, 03:57:03 pm »
amh625 are you talking about Aguirre's trailer or the film trailer? I have gotten confused again! ;)

I am loving your sig spooky! I had that in my head all day the other day and atually put Water Walkin' Jesus in my essay with out noticing. Needless to say I got it back with a big ring around that bit and a giant question mark! ;D

I have the trailer on DVD whenever I want it so I am not fussed!
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline You-Bet

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2006, 08:58:37 pm »
rt,

I don't know if you saw the thread I started about the "DVD Easter Egg Hunt"...but I was hoping the trailer would be found "hidden" on the DVD.

Although I didn't mention it in the thread...I saw the video of the "Brokeback DVD Easter Egg" on YouTube last week...and it was indeed the trailer!!  (Don't know if it was the real thing though). 

However, get this... it was Focus's own "spoof" version of their trailer...with "Hitchcock-like suspense music" in the background...very odd.

Well, I searched for the video again on YouTube and it was taken off...which leads me to believe it may be the "real thing" since the other trailers are still up.  Who knows?

rtprod

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2006, 11:31:07 pm »
michael,

GREAT to know -- please let us know if you find it, and if anyone else does, do the same!!!

(get how I was lazy and asking you all to do it?)  :P

rt