Author Topic: thump thumping  (Read 6391 times)

Offline starboardlight

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • nipith.com
thump thumping
« on: April 05, 2006, 03:28:51 pm »
I can't believe that my heart still pound so hard and fast when the reunion scene approaches. I just feel Ennis's excitement so deeply. When he slams Jack into the wall, I lose my breath.
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.

dmmb_Mandy

Re: thump thumping
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 03:33:06 pm »
Ditto!!  :-X  :-X  <----- Us losing our breath!

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 03:37:40 pm »
I have gotten in to a sort of ritual when ever I see BBM. It is so weird I tend to brace myself before the reunion scene and get my tissuses out ready for the ending. I also everytime I see the river road productions I get a shiver down my back and every time I see Jack's pickup come on screen I clap to myself. I have got used to it now, it is so weird!
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline DeeDee

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 03:41:10 pm »
When they go in the apartment and see Alma, I can feel the excitement through the screen.  They both look like they're gonna do it right there, unless they hightail it out of there.  I actually shift around in my seat.  
In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2006, 03:51:39 pm »
I know what you mean! When I went to see it for the second time I started squrming around in my seat and my friend was like, "What the hell are you doing? Sit up you idiot!" Well in response I just leaned across and whispered "You will see what I am fussing about in a minute!" I then decided to watch her reaction and I am not joking her eyes popped out her head :o! Afterwards she leaned across and said, "That was so hot, no wonder you were squrming!" Then the next time both of us went to see it we were squirming in unison! We got some of the strangest looks I have ever received! ::)
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline DeeDee

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2006, 04:50:31 pm »
You're too funny...Becky...ROTF
In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2006, 04:53:31 pm »
Yeah I know! LOL People always say that to me and I don't get why, maybe my life is just so weird it is funny! :D

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2006, 05:00:31 pm »
Are you kidding?    I get a shiver up my spine when the opening Focus features logo flashes across the screen.   It happened again today when I popped in my newly arrived DVD.

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2006, 05:05:05 pm »
Yeah, I always get a big smile when I see Ennis driving past that ELKS building, because he's about to get that postcard. We all know what happens next!  :-*  ;D

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2006, 05:05:49 pm »
Oh my god! I thought I was the only one David. I actually leaned across to my friend and said "Is it weird that I get shivers up my spine when I see the river road thing come up?" She quickly snapped "Yes, you are weird!" at me and then replied with "Shut up Jake is coming on" Which I then shut up and stared longingly at the screen!
Now who is the weird one? So do you seriously get that? I also get the hairs standing up on the back of my neck when I see "Brokeback Mountain" come up on the screen with the aproaching truck in the background.

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2006, 05:19:28 pm »
oh, regarding the pre-reunion scene,  I love it when you see Ennis reading the postcard.  You can see his lips moving!   

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2006, 05:25:24 pm »
When I hear the Focus Features lead in and see the logo my chest gets tight. And forget about the music-I hear any of it and I flash on the appropriate scene and get happy or really mournful. Sometimes I can't even listen to it because it is too powerful.

Heathen

rtprod

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2006, 05:27:07 pm »
Starboard -- me too.  Would gladly risk the broken nose...

Oh, when he knocks off Jack's cowboy hat it makes me crazy.

rt

Offline starboardlight

• nipith.com
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2006, 05:45:39 pm »
oh, regarding the pre-reunion scene,  I love it when you see Ennis reading the postcard.  You can see his lips moving!   

I love, love, LOVE that little detail.
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.

Offline starboardlight

• nipith.com
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2006, 05:47:41 pm »
Starboard -- me too.  Would gladly risk the broken nose...

Oh, when he knocks off Jack's cowboy hat it makes me crazy.

rt

yeah, me too. and I just drink in Jack's surprise when Ennis pulls away the first time. He just was so stunned that it was happening. and both of them are breathing so hard. I can imagine feeling the warm breath between the two of them.

rtprod

« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2006, 06:04:25 pm »
Starboard,

Your last post belongs on my other thread, and I think you know which one.

rt

Offline starboardlight

• nipith.com
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2006, 06:05:43 pm »
Starboard,

Your last post belongs on my other thread, and I think you know which one.

rt

lol. well you know how it is, when you start swooning, you lose sense of direction, and forget where you are.

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2006, 06:06:06 pm »
Are you kidding?    I get a shiver up my spine when the opening Focus features logo flashes across the screen.

I get the shivers when the RiverRoad car drives across the screen (for the RiverRoad Entertainment logo, right after the Focus logo).  That music sends chills up my spine.