Author Topic: Cats + Jake = ?  (Read 15937 times)

Offline YaadPyar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Cats+Jake=?
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2006, 11:40:48 pm »

And by the way, I'm loving all these hurried assertions by people saying, "my cat's not fat, he's just big boned, I swear."  Sure, sure.  A twenty pound cat is a fat. cat. 

Oh - it's on now!  It's totally on!
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline Chanterais

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2006, 11:56:14 pm »

And by the way, I'm loving all these hurried assertions by people saying, "my cat's not fat, he's just big boned, I swear."  Sure, sure.  A twenty pound cat is a fat. cat. 

Whatever, lady.  You know I'm right.  The truth hurts, doesn't it?

---------------------------------

Simon:  I can't get up.  Soooo comfortable.....

Henry:  Me neither.  Want to spoon for a little longer?

Simon:  Oh, go on then.  It's too late to go out to the kibble.  I'll get up at first light.

Henry:  Truth is, Simon, sometimes when you go hang out in the hamper, I miss you so bad I can hardly stand it.

Simon:  Hey, watch the paws, buddy.

Offline JCinNYC2006

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • What happens in Calgary....the whole world knows!
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2006, 01:10:05 am »

Whatever, lady.  You know I'm right.  The truth hurts, doesn't it?

---------------------------------

Simon:  I can't get up.  Soooo comfortable.....

Henry:  Me neither.  Want to spoon for a little longer?

Simon:  Oh, go on then.  It's too late to go out to the kibble.  I'll get up at first light.

Henry:  Truth is, Simon, sometimes when you go hang out in the hamper, I miss you so bad I can hardly stand it.

Simon:  Hey, watch the paws, buddy.

Aaaaaahhh!  They're so adorable!  I wanna hear em purrrrrrr!

In response to a request on another thread, I'm posting a pic of my youngns, Monty and Baldwin.   Aaaah I'm a proud papa....
What is essential, is invisible to the eye....

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Cats + Jake = ?
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2006, 01:11:42 am »
AAAAAHHHHH!
I love them.

Can you tell that if I were in their presence, they might be nervously looking around for the nearest escape route?  But I suspect they're easygoing and at least one of them would let me find out if he likes to be held.

Offline JCinNYC2006

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2006, 01:16:45 am »
They looove attention (must run in the family).  Baldwin will let himself be picked up but they both love to be petted.  They'd be all over you!

Speaking of big boned kitties, there's this site I came across that's cute, funny and kinda sad at the same time.  If you find it to be 'anti-cat' maybe it's best not to click on it...http://www.myfatkat.com/.

Juan

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2006, 01:32:00 am »
A little more shameless my-cats promotion:

Offline cmr107

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Call me Courtney
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2006, 01:38:18 am »
Aww, everyone's cats seem so wonderful! I think I'll be going home for Easter, maybe I can take a picture of my cat (and then pretend I know how to get it out of the digital camera and into this thread).

Offline JCinNYC2006

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2006, 01:45:23 am »
A little more shameless my-cats promotion:

I love em!  Are they very mellow or would they be all over my cats?  So friggin cute, how old are they?

Juan

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2006, 01:58:34 am »
Henry (orange) is five; Simon (black) is nearing 13.  Simon was inherited from a friend who died.  I loved him so much before she died that it was her wish that I should have him.  If Simon were a person, he'd be an asshole.  He's selfish, arrogant, stubborn, insecure, greedy and bad-mannered and absolutely the dumbest cat I've ever known.  However: he is beautiful, and when he's happy (i.e. belly full), he is a contentment machine.  He is a wonderful bedmate -- hot solid purring action all night.  An interesting feature of Simon: he stomps.  He walks down the hall overhead, and I can't tell if it's my 190-pound husband or my 20-pound cat.  Sounds pretty much the same.  And when he goes downstairs it's like a tumbling bag of rocks.

Henry is mild-mannered, clearly the dominant cat in food and litterbox habits, but really laid back about it and in no need to flaunt his authority.  He is of average intelligence.  He'll do teddy-bear-on-my-lap shenanigans for maybe two or three minutes, and then he's had enough.  He is a high-quality dear cat.  I adopted him without having met him -- a neighbor of a friend took him in and had him neutered; I picked him up at the vet and he was mine.  I only knew he was an orange tabby and his name was Henry.  Tell me, did you ever meet an orange tabby who didn't have a friendly disposition?  Maybe that's racist, but it has been my experience.

It's kind of a miracle that the two get along so well.  Simon has terrorized two previous cat-roommates, both very submissive, the kind who ask to be beaten up.  Simon, because he's a pussy-bully, obliged.  Henry never beat up his weaker siblings.  Confident, gentle, a class-act, a mensch.  Simon wouldn't dare mess with him.  Except to poke him with his tail when they're spooning or yin-yanging.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 02:05:39 am by henrypie »

Offline JCinNYC2006

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2006, 02:13:55 am »
You have a cat bedmate and a husband...luckyyyyy!  Your cats spoon too?   I was blown away the first time I saw mine actually cuddling together.  I wanted to be a cat myself.

Juan