Author Topic: The ballet and current affairs  (Read 4372 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
The ballet and current affairs
« on: August 24, 2019, 06:54:19 pm »
What does everyone think about the kerfuffle over Lara Spencer laughing over Prince George's ballet studies?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/celebrities/2019/08/23/lara-spencer-sparks-outrage-laughing-prince-george-ballet/2098603001/
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: The ballet and current affairs
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2019, 08:17:42 pm »
What does everyone think about the kerfuffle over Lara Spencer laughing over Prince George's ballet studies?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/celebrities/2019/08/23/lara-spencer-sparks-outrage-laughing-prince-george-ballet/2098603001/

She ought to be bitch-slapped. And the principal dancers of American Ballet Theater and New York City Ballet, men and women, should be lining up to do it. (I don't watch GMA. I'm making an assumption that it's broadcast from New York City, which is why I'm suggesting the dancers from the two New York companies should be doing the bitch-slapping.)

Not to mention Mikhail Baryshnikov and Angel Corella.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2019, 10:09:11 am »
Wouldn't Prince George be an absolutely captivating ballet dancer!?!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2019, 06:14:03 pm »
I had Jury Duty today, and in the Jury Assembly room GMA was on the large-screen TVs. It appeared Lara Spencer was interviewing three young men who are dancers. I missed the beginning of the interview, the sound was too low to hear, and I couldn't read the closed captioning fast enough. I did not catch names--some things were blocked by the closed captioning. I did catch that one guy--a big bruiser--is a principal dancer with the Joffrey Ballet. Another presumably is a principal dancer with either ABT or NYCB--they showed a picture of him in the traditional costume for George Balanchine's ballet Apollo. The third seems to be a dancer on Broadway. I got the impression that Spencer was talking to them about what it had been like to be a boy interested in dance, and she also seemed to be using them to offer an apology to her reaction to Prince George.

Needless to say, the were all hotties. ...  ::)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.