Author Topic: Louise Van Hine has passed away  (Read 10250 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Louise Van Hine has passed away
« on: September 12, 2019, 06:43:21 am »
I received a message through Facebook last night from a fellow Brokie that LouiseV / LouiseVanHine has passed away.   

I don't have all of the details.  A family member posted on FB that she was having difficulty breathing, and that an ambulance was on the way, but it didn't get there in time.

She was a regular poster on both DCF and BetterMost in the earlier days of the forums.  She had a blog here on Bettermost called "Louise Back On Tour".

She was also a slash author, and some of her work had been published.

Tourmaline - By E. L. Van Hine

It's the summer of 84... Closeted drifter Colson Grey stumbles into a down-low "men's club" owned by Ellery Cantrell, the orneriest, most flamboyant chief detective in the smallest, most backward county in rural Arizona. When Ellery recruits Colson to help him with a case embroiling the club, their sudden intimacy sparks the violent jealousy of Ellery's former lover and business partner Bill, and exposes the raw pain of their mutual isolation and their equally raw sexual need.

The Erotic Etudes - By E. L. van Hine

Robert Schumann, the Romantic composer, was a vibrant and complex man.  Schumann’s public biography was carefully cleansed by his wife, his survivors, and his friends, but his own letters and diaries give indication of a series of passionate affairs with both sexes that sparked the creative outpouring of music that defined his artistic life.  It is from these sources that author E. L. van Hine has imagined an erotic and inspired story of a remarkable, talented man. The Erotic Études Opus VI recreates many of Schumann's intimate relationships in a series of 18 interlocking stories that span 40 years of his life, beginning in 1834 when he was at the center of both controversy and publicity in Leipzig, Germany.  Arranged thematically and told in the first person, The Erotic Études Opus VI parallels the 18 section piano work, 'The Symphonic Etudes,' which was published in 1837 and dedicated to one of Schumann's intimate friends

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Louise Van Hine has passed away
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2019, 06:45:15 am »
Louise had attended a few of the Brokie gatherings that took place over the years.

Here is a link to a NYC gathering thread, were a group of Brokie that included international travelers Brian, Kelda and Callum met in 2010.

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,44673.0.html

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2019, 08:05:33 am »
Oh my.  Such sad news.  I met Louise a number of times over the years.  She was a very interesting person and a prolific writer.

It's hard losing a fellow Brokie.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2019, 09:34:45 am »
I'm very sorry to hear this. She always had something interesting to say.  :(
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2019, 09:38:46 am »
I'm sorry to hear this. She lived in the Minneapolis area for a while and we hung out a few times. She was a very intelligent and unusual person.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2019, 10:22:47 am »
She attended an event in Denver at Clancy's Irish Pub when Chrissi and Monika came through. I remember giving her a ride home.

Aren't responders supposed to be able to locate people by their phone number? It is sad when all our modern technology fails us.

Thanks, Chuck, for letting us know.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2019, 03:25:25 pm »
How sad. Another Brokie gone.

I've met Louise only once, I found her to be an interesting and unusual person.

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre