Author Topic: HEY, FRONT RANGER!  (Read 1458 times)

Offline x-man

• Brokeback Got Me Good
HEY, FRONT RANGER!
« on: February 19, 2020, 02:32:14 am »
This is just a question, but I don't know where to ask it.  FR can certainly answer it, but maybe someone else can answer it first.
I saw a thread started by FR about non-gender specific love songs.  Later I wanted to explore it, but I couldn't find it.  I tried with Search, but my tries just wouldn't pull it up.  WHERE IS IT?  Please?  Pretty please with sugar on it?   :)
Happiness is the lasting pleasure of the mind grasping the intelligible order of reality.      --Leibniz

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: HEY, FRONT RANGER!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2020, 01:25:42 pm »
I'll find it for you, and bump it. I think it had to do with "High Sierra" by Boz Scaggs.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline x-man

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: HEY, FRONT RANGER! 2
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2020, 05:04:08 am »
Thanks, FR, I look forward to seeing it.  I don't remember it being connected to High Sierra.  I say this because that song struck me deep when I first heard it, and I downloaded it immediately. The song went well beyond any concerns of gender specitivity.  It didn't matter in the least whether Scaggs was singing to a woman or a man about a love gone wrong.  For me it was a sombre reflection on many situations I could have handled very differently.  For me it was, as another song put it, “It's up to you to put/ the beauty into the ugly yesterdays.”
Happiness is the lasting pleasure of the mind grasping the intelligible order of reality.      --Leibniz

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: HEY, FRONT RANGER!
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2020, 06:58:38 pm »
Yes, that song moved me deeply too. I heard him perform it in a concert about a year ago.
"chewing gum and duct tape"