Our BetterMost Community > Chez Tremblay

Corona - what does help you? Your fears, thoughts, everything

(1/149) > >>

Penthesilea:
Hi BetterMostians,

I thought this topic is so important nowadays, it deserves its own thread.
You can share your experiences, your thoughts and fears on the whole mess. Tips are also highly welcome: what keeps you sane while in (more or less) lockdown?

Penthesilea:
I'll go first: since yesterday I live under (limited) curfew. The curfew is for my county and the neighboring counties, it's not for whole Germany.

We're still allowed to leave the house for work, grocery shopping, doctor visits and going for walks alone or with members of the same household.

The nursery I work at has been closed for a week now and will remain closed for at least another four weeks. Last Friday, I had to go in for one day and suddenly realized how much I like going to work, how much I like my coworkers, how much the social contacts at work are part of my life. There were only six of us and the boss sent three back home shortly after they arrived, but we three staying had a great day together, each sitting in a different room but the doors between open and we moved our tables in the line of sight of each other. Lovely. We had lots of fun.

One thing that really keeps me sane is going for long walks with my dog. I live in a small village in a rural area; I'm out in the fields and woods within five minutes from my house. I'm thankful for that.

Another plus is of course not living alone, but being part of a family in the same household. My girls are back from university, daughter's BF is mostly here, so we're six people, a dog and a kitty. Not so lonely now.

I've also started some serious spring cleaning ::)  :laugh:

Front-Ranger:
That was a lovely story about your threesome at work, Chrissi. We are truly learning to value our interactions with our fellow human beings.

My daughter and I were going to cook together for a little party on her birthday March 12. I gathered corned beef, cabbage, eggs, butter, potatoes and broccoli. But she was too ill to have the party, so we postponed it. We didn’t know at that time that the party would have to be postponed for a long time. Everyone is now quarantined because of the corona virus. Her housewarming party and grandson’s birthday party are also postponed indefinitely.

Front-Ranger:
Recently tested positive: the mayor of Vail, Colorado; Senator Rand Paul of Kentucky; Plácido Domingo.

CellarDweller:
Hello.

New numbers for my state of NJ.   We are now up to 4,402 positive cases, and 61 deaths.

My county in NJ (Essex) just announced they are opening a drive-thru testing area.

I've been working from home for the past 14 days (that includes weekends for the day count, but I don't work weekends) and before the panic shopping started, I had managed to get to the grocery store and bought what I needed, so I'm ok, as is my family.

My middle brother (Michael) is a Lt. in  the police force, so as a first responder, he has to be at work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version