Author Topic: Corona - what does help you? Your fears, thoughts, everything  (Read 151925 times)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Corona - what does help you? Your fears, thoughts, everything
« Reply #590 on: May 13, 2021, 02:22:57 pm »
If they brew more than one kind, does somebody curate it?  :laugh:

You mean for the free beer with vaccine? They probably just pick some basic kind most people like.

I believe curation involves selecting the best of a variety of forms. If a brewery is selling multiple forms, as most do, they would have made a selection among recipes early in the brewing process. But it would be a stretch to call that curating. Curating would be more like an artisanal beer store choosing among IPAs, for example, from among a number of brands.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #591 on: May 14, 2021, 07:45:51 pm »
It seems that mask mandates are changing for those who are vaccinated.

Now how are they going to determine who has been vaccinated and who hasn't?

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #592 on: May 14, 2021, 09:47:23 pm »
And we've got Bill Maher, fully vaccinated, and he's got it anyway.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #593 on: May 14, 2021, 09:59:51 pm »
Well, it was my understanding that the vaccine wouldn't make you immune.  If you're fully vaccinated, you could still catch CV-19, but the fact that you're vaccinated prevents it from becoming a serious case where you would need hospitalization and being placed on a ventilator.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #594 on: May 15, 2021, 10:23:59 am »
And we've got Bill Maher, fully vaccinated, and he's got it anyway.

Well, if it had to happen to somebody ...  :P  ;D

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #595 on: May 15, 2021, 11:28:24 am »
Well, if it had to happen to somebody ...  :P  ;D

Sure enough, but this news is not helpful in convincing vaccine skeptics to get vaccinated. I'm sure this will feed the idea of, Why bother if you can get it anyway? (Never mind that a lot of the skeptics may have no idea who Bill Maher is.)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #596 on: May 15, 2021, 06:47:44 pm »
I'm sure this will feed the idea of, Why bother if you can get it anyway?

If you meet one of them, ask, "Do you wear your seat belt? Why bother if you could die in a car accident anyway?"

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #597 on: May 29, 2021, 07:18:28 pm »
As of last week, the gym I joined as switched to "masks optional" for those who are double vaxxed.

Apparently, as of July 5th, we'll be going back to our office to work, on a rotating basis.

Example, there are 4 people who are in my position on my team, they want one person a day from the 4 of us to come in, so we all would work in the office one day, and then from home the rest of the days.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #598 on: May 29, 2021, 07:48:46 pm »
I need to begin thinking about what I want to do when our building reopens. There is supposed to be a "pilot" program this summer with a limited number of people working in the building. Then supposedly there will be three options, continuing to work at home, to go back to working in the office, or what they're calling a "hybrid," which would involve working at home some days on the week and in the office other days. The "hybrid" looks to me like a new name for the "WAH" program we had pre-pandemic, when you were allowed to work at home two days a week and in the office the rest of the week.

I'm sure I will not be doing a "hybrid." I didn't work at home pre-pandemic under the old WAH program. I will need to be using public transportation, and I never liked the idea of carrying my company laptop on the bus or the subway. Plus, there are resources that I need from time to time; I don't want to be at home and suddenly need something that's in my cube in the office, or the other way around.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #599 on: May 29, 2021, 08:06:49 pm »
I need to begin thinking about what I want to do when our building reopens. There is supposed to be a "pilot" program this summer with a limited number of people working in the building. Then supposedly there will be three options, continuing to work at home, to go back to working in the office, or what they're calling a "hybrid," which would involve working at home some days on the week and in the office other days. The "hybrid" looks to me like a new name for the "WAH" program we had pre-pandemic, when you were allowed to work at home two days a week and in the office the rest of the week.

I'm sure I will not be doing a "hybrid." I didn't work at home pre-pandemic under the old WAH program. I will need to be using public transportation, and I never liked the idea of carrying my company laptop on the bus or the subway. Plus, there are resources that I need from time to time; I don't want to be at home and suddenly need something that's in my cube in the office, or the other way around.

Yes, that word (hybrid) is being tossed around a lot regarding working now.

One thing this situation has taught me is that I am completely capable of doing my job from home.  So from now on, any "eves" that we have  (Christmas Eve, New Year's Eve) or other days like Good Friday and the Friday after Thanksgiving, I will not hesitate to say I'm working from home.