Author Topic: Corona - what does help you? Your fears, thoughts, everything  (Read 152154 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Corona - what does help you? Your fears, thoughts, everything
« Reply #150 on: May 11, 2020, 02:14:30 pm »
And I've heard that urban sprawl actually increases the deer population, because people with big yards lay out tempting buffets for them.

I have two suburbanite coworkers who complain about deer eating their flowers.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #151 on: May 12, 2020, 09:26:00 am »
Well, here's some concerning news. My dad told me last evening that he has been notified that the volunteer who delivered his Meals on Wheels one day last week has tested positive.

The volunteers wear masks and gloves. They leave the meals beside the front door, ring the doorbell, and then step back to see the recipient opens the door to pick up the meal. Dad says the volunteers who deliver his meals step back to the edge of the front patio, which is about 6 feet. He doesn't seem overly concerned, but I told him if he has concerns to call his doctor.

Just what I need: something else to be anxious about.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #152 on: May 12, 2020, 10:26:32 am »
Oh, no. Fingers crossed for your dad. I'm glad to hear he's getting meals, though. I worried about that.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #153 on: May 12, 2020, 11:42:45 am »
Oh, no. Fingers crossed for your dad. I'm glad to hear he's getting meals, though. I worried about that.

Thanks, FRiend.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #154 on: May 12, 2020, 05:27:20 pm »
Oh, please keep us posted on how he is doing!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #155 on: May 13, 2020, 02:56:17 am »
With 6 feet distance and just a short encounter he should be fine, but I understand that it's worrisome. Fingers crossed for your dad :-*

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #156 on: May 13, 2020, 09:18:13 am »
I agree with Chrissi. From what you've described the encounter doesn't seem cause for undue anxiety. Hoping the best for your dad, but sounds like he'll be fine.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #157 on: May 13, 2020, 09:54:33 am »
In recent days I've been reading about the possibility that many people have COVID-19 and have no symptoms. The fact that they could carry and spread the virus, and other people could get it and have a more serious illness, is distressing. Also, the idea that the virus should just be allowed to make its way through all populations unrestricted, so that we could develop a "herd immunity" is worrisome.

There are more voices saying that many of us might have had COVID-19 already. I wish testing for the presence of antibodies could be universally available. My son is one who thinks he has already had it. He attended a convention in late February and there were many people from Asia attending. Then, he was sick for two weeks. He feels fine now. His symptoms didn't match the COVID symptoms, though. I myself was kind of sick in the last week of February and first week of March.

Some places in Colorado have opened for business and there was a photo on Facebook of a restaurant in Castle Rock that was packed on Mother's Day. The very next day, Governor Polis held a press conference and publicly announced that the restaurant's license had been revoked indefinitely. Now, people are coming and taping messages and money to their door. As I was driving to the grocery store yesterday, I saw quite a few places that had "Open" signs on them, though there weren't any cars in the parking lots. One was a bar and grill. 

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #158 on: May 13, 2020, 12:01:23 pm »
With 6 feet distance and just a short encounter he should be fine, but I understand that it's worrisome. Fingers crossed for your dad :-*

I agree with Chrissi. From what you've described the encounter doesn't seem cause for undue anxiety. Hoping the best for your dad, but sounds like he'll be fine.

Thanks. That's what I'm hoping.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #159 on: May 13, 2020, 05:25:05 pm »
I haven't corroborated this yet, but I heard that 72 of the people who attended a Wisconsin protest have now tested positive.