Author Topic: Corona - what does help you? Your fears, thoughts, everything  (Read 152031 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Corona - what does help you? Your fears, thoughts, everything
« Reply #420 on: January 29, 2021, 01:30:52 pm »
I second Jeff's well wishes! :)

Online Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #421 on: January 29, 2021, 06:50:13 pm »
Good news today. Colorado's governor says they're going to open up vaccinations to my age group starting February 8! Now, to try to get on a list for an appointment...
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #422 on: January 29, 2021, 07:05:18 pm »
Good luck, Lee!  Keep us posted, please!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #423 on: January 29, 2021, 11:13:13 pm »
Good news today. Colorado's governor says they're going to open up vaccinations to my age group starting February 8! Now, to try to get on a list for an appointment...

Have I already written about this on my blog?  ???

Yesterday my teammate told me she has an appointment for late February to get a vaccine at a hospital in the region. She allowed as having the appointment doesn't necessarily mean there will be vaccine available at the time of her appointment. She said that she'd "heard" that this hospital was offering appointments. She spent two and a half hours online trying to get an appointment because the website kept crashing. I'm glad for her if she can get one, but I don't understand how she could get an appointment. Age-wise she doesn't yet qualify. I suppose it's possible she might have a health condition I'm unaware of, or maybe it has something to do with her daughter having had Covid-19 back in the spring.

It's so screwed up in Philadelphia. The city had partnered with a "nonprofit" to administer vaccines. Then the 22-year-old who was running the outfit turned the nonprofit into a "for profit" without telling the city. Plus he has been accused of taking four doses home with him and giving them to friends (he's not trained to give shots; he claims the vaccines were about to expire, and he "couldn't find" anyone else to give the doses to). The city has parted ways with him. They're still trying to vaccinate health care workers; I forget where they are on first responders and teachers.

I registered with the city, or maybe preregistered would be a better way to say it, but I have no idea when, maybe even if ever, I'll be able to get one.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #424 on: January 30, 2021, 11:17:49 am »
She spent two and a half hours online trying to get an appointment because the website kept crashing.

Sounds like Amanda's efforts to get Pearl Jam tickets on the Ticketmaster site last year. She and I were going to go to their concert in Baltimore near where she lives in Delaware but you had to get pre-approved even to get admitted to the site to try for tickets. She did all that, but then the site kept freezing and crashing and she never succeeded. We were both disappointed, as much by missing the prospect of a fun visit as by missing the concert.

It was just as well, though. The concert was scheduled for March 24, 2020.  :o

Here they just held an open lottery for vaccines for anyone over 65. Other than that, I don't think anyone has gotten them but frontline/essential workers.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #425 on: January 30, 2021, 01:06:39 pm »
I'm not sure how they are deciding who can get vaccines in NJ.  My parents are 82 and 77, so they should be able to get them soon.

My younger brother Mike got his first already, but he's a police officer and a first responder, so he was early on the list.

My family has been told that we have to wait until April to get the vaccines, as we all had covid recently, and need to wait 90 days before we get the vaccine.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #426 on: January 30, 2021, 04:06:09 pm »
They expect the Pfizer vaccine to receive approval this week. Australia approved it last week. However they do not expect to receive any supplies until late March and front line workers will get it first so, even though I am over 75, I will probably not get it until June.

Online Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #427 on: February 19, 2021, 12:55:09 pm »
The New York Times reports that about 40% of US military turned down the vaccine when offered it and about 60% of nursing home residents in one state. Unbelievable!

I'm concerned about increased random violence that crime fighters say is related to the pandemic fatigue, isolation, additional regulation, social disruption, and economic strife. Things like domestic and neighbor disputes escalating into violence, road rage, and the like. Is this a problem in other countries?  :'(
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #428 on: February 19, 2021, 02:28:02 pm »
I can't imagine all of those people refusing the vaccine. 

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #429 on: February 19, 2021, 02:38:54 pm »
The New York Times reports that about 40% of US military turned down the vaccine when offered it and about 60% of nursing home residents in one state. Unbelievable!

I'm concerned about increased random violence that crime fighters say is related to the pandemic fatigue, isolation, additional regulation, social disruption, and economic strife. Things like domestic and neighbor disputes escalating into violence, road rage, and the like. Is this a problem in other countries?  :'(
All I can say is 'No'
The first vaccinations are being given out in NZ today (actually yesterday to vaccinators themselves) to frontline border staff and their families. There are some reports of reluctance in Maori and Pasifika communities due to their poor experience with health providers  in the past.
Our severe lockdown only lasted 7 weeks and finished last June. There was a 3 day lockdown last week in Auckland  due to 3 cases that grew to 7 and there are still some restrictions there.