Author Topic: Corona - what does help you? Your fears, thoughts, everything  (Read 152117 times)

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Bork bork bork
Re: Corona - what does help you? Your fears, thoughts, everything
« Reply #460 on: March 08, 2021, 04:52:37 pm »
Really great news, Chuck!

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #461 on: March 09, 2021, 10:05:22 am »
Excellent news, Chuck!

Is Chris now considered to have immunity, do you know? Or would he still get a vaccine when the opportunity comes up?

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #462 on: March 09, 2021, 11:03:14 am »
A real success story! And I presume your folks are also doing okay.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #463 on: March 09, 2021, 02:09:57 pm »
A real success story! And I presume your folks are also doing okay.

Yes, they're doing well too!

Excellent news, Chuck!

Is Chris now considered to have immunity, do you know? Or would he still get a vaccine when the opportunity comes up?

As I understand it, we are all immune for 90 days or so.  Then, we lose the immunity.  He's spoken to his doctor, and has been advised to get the vaccine.  Mom and Dad found out that a local CVS will be administering the vaccine as of Friday, so they are going to call on Friday and find out what they need to do to register, and then we'll all register for it.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #464 on: March 09, 2021, 03:34:59 pm »

Just wanted to give what should be the last update on Chris.  He's only been using the machine at night, and goes all day without it.   

He got his paperwork from his doctor, and was cleared to go back to work, and has been back on the job since Monday of last week.

That's very good news! I'm glad to hear it. Thanks for letting us know.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #465 on: March 09, 2021, 10:46:20 pm »
I'm preregistered with both the city and the university hospital where I receive my primary care. On Friday I had an e-mail from the city to notify me that my registration had been received, but as for when a shot may be available, it was more or less "We'll let you know."

Our building manager will look into seeing if our condo community might qualify for vaccination right here in our building. It seems this has been done in other high-rise communities here in the city.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #466 on: March 10, 2021, 12:10:36 am »
Our government has just announced that the elderly  :(   (over 75) will be vaccinated in May. I will be 77 next week.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #467 on: March 10, 2021, 10:17:50 am »
My state just announced that next to be vaccinated would be the chronically ill and frontline workers. I was like, what?! Didn't they do them already?

A friend posted on Facebook that she'd received the first of the two-shot vaccine. She'd really wanted the one-shot. When she got home, she was notified that she could go get a one-shot. Too late, of course.

But I wondered how she was eligible in the first place. She was in my high school class, so at most a year older than me. She doesn't have a frontline job. She seems healthy, but of course I don't know what underlying issues she might have. And I get the feeling her husband might have a bigger health issue. I was tempted to ask how she'd qualified, but that seemed nosy.

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #468 on: March 10, 2021, 03:40:41 pm »
Here they started with front line border workers in mid February and I think they have all now received their first shot. They are now doing their families. They will soon (April?) start on all health workers and will also do the elderly and those with health issues in the area of South Auckland. That is around the international airport, has a large proportion of border workers and also a very large Maori and Pasifika population. It has been the main area of outbreaks.
So in May they will get round to those of us over 65 (the age seems to have gone down on the News) in the rest of the country. There was agitation yesterday to make the age lower for Maori/Pasifika.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #469 on: March 11, 2021, 11:14:29 pm »
Sorry, but I think people are being overly optimistic about these vaccines. I'm not saying I believe they won't be effective, and I will take whichever one I can get. I just don't believe they will return the world to March 1, 2020, and I think I hear too many people talking like they think they will. New virus variants may just take us back to square one. At the very best, I expect we will need to get shots for coronavirus every year, just as we do flu shots, and that's no so bad.

I have been wrong before. When the first HIV medications came out, I expected they would be effective for about five years, and then they would cease to work. Fortunately I was wrong, and new medications were developed and are still being developed. Now we even have PReP.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 09:44:58 am by Jeff Wrangler »