Author Topic: Corona - what does help you? Your fears, thoughts, everything  (Read 152333 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Corona - what does help you? Your fears, thoughts, everything
« Reply #480 on: April 01, 2021, 09:28:46 pm »
So, I woke this morning fine, but I didn't sleep well last night.

By noon, I was feeling worn out and dealing with mild chills.   I don't know if the worn out feeling is due to the vaccine, the poor night's sleep, or a combination of both.

I'm going to go to bed earlier than usual, and hopefully I'll wake up rested.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #481 on: April 02, 2021, 09:29:16 am »
A coworker I saw Wednesday had just gotten it and felt terrible; he took most of the day off work, had a terrible night, but felt better the next day.

Hope you feel better now, Chuck!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #482 on: April 03, 2021, 10:44:32 pm »
As of Thursday, my family got their first vaccines.

Dad and I were vaxxed on Wednesday, and felt the effects on Thursday, and were over it by Friday.

Mom and Chris were vaxxed on Thursday, felt the effects on Friday, and were over it today.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #483 on: April 04, 2021, 01:49:48 pm »
I have an appointment for Wednesday afternoon. I just realized I need to be able to work on Thursday so I can finish a story by Friday. Hopefully my reaction will be mild, as I believe many are.

And I guess if I'm too sick to work they can probably push ahead the deadline and I'm covered by COVID pay.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #484 on: April 04, 2021, 02:42:09 pm »
I had my second shot on a Wednesday morning. I felt fine the rest of that day but took a nap and went to bed early. Thursday I felt okay but after my morning shower started to feel increasingly fatigued. It was as if the shower washed away all my energy. I went to bed early and slept more than 12 hours! On Friday I started to feel better and on Saturday was back in the pink.  :)
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #485 on: April 04, 2021, 03:30:28 pm »
It was as if the shower washed away all my energy.

Thanks for the warning. I'll skip showering!  :laugh:

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #486 on: April 04, 2021, 07:35:16 pm »
Thanks for the warning. I'll skip showering!  :laugh:

Nobody go near Katy that day!  :laugh:

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #487 on: April 04, 2021, 08:15:50 pm »
And around here I'm still being told I'm not yet in the correct Phase.

Our condo association is arranging for vaccines to be given right in my building. That would be wonderful, though the registration form, once again, notes that I'm not yet in the correct Phase, so we'll see what happens.

I've also submitted a preregistration for the county where my father lives, so we'll see what happens there, too.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #488 on: April 05, 2021, 11:23:35 am »
What's a Phase? That must be specific to PA. In MN, some people were given priority -- old people, healthcare workers, frontline workers and people with underlying conditions. Maybe Phase is the equivalent of that?

A couple of weeks ago the governor opened vaccines to everyone over 16. It's still hard to get them if you're not in a priority group. My colleague who got sick from his shot gave me incredibly complicated instructions -- you register with all chain drug stores, follow some particular account on Twitter, plus four or five other steps.

In my case, I found that my usual clinic offers a certain number each week that they give to whoever gets appointments first. Appointments can only be made on Thursday and Friday. So last Thursday morning I called the clinic 24 times -- that's how long it took to even get put on hold; the first 23 the call wouldn't even go through. When I did finally reach a human they had about three openings for this Wednesday. I took one, and they sign you up for an appointment exactly two weeks later.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #489 on: April 05, 2021, 12:09:30 pm »
What's a Phase? That must be specific to PA. In MN, some people were given priority -- old people, healthcare workers, frontline workers and people with underlying conditions. Maybe Phase is the equivalent of that?

That's how people are prioritized here. Phase 1a, 1b, 1c would be old people, healthcare workers, and so on. I don't keep track of who is in what  Phase 1 phase because the only thing that matters to me is that I only qualify for Phase 2, which is pretty much everybody else.

Last night I filled out the form for vaccines to be given right in my condo building. In the first place, I wonder if that will happen if they don't get a certain number of people to sign up for it. In the second place, the form, as usual, begins with the caveat that right now Philadelphia is vaccinating only people in Phase 1 whatever.

This morning I tried to phone to stop getting e-mail notices that my father can schedule a vaccine appointment (because he's already been vaccinated). Right. There is only one phone number to do that, you can't use the internet to cancel the notices, and the phone number is the same as the one you call for help scheduling an appointment. That's stupid.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.