Author Topic: Corona - what does help you? Your fears, thoughts, everything  (Read 152017 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Corona - what does help you? Your fears, thoughts, everything
« Reply #600 on: May 30, 2021, 06:21:06 pm »
One thing this situation has taught me is that I am completely capable of doing my job from home.

Me, too. And I've also discovered that I do not miss seeing my coworkers every day.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #601 on: May 30, 2021, 06:25:04 pm »
I guess you can list this one under "opening up," but when I took my dad to church this morning, I was pleased and surprised that we did not have to wear masks in the service. The early service, which we attended, is not well attended, so even during the worst I would not have felt uncomfortable not wearing a mask. We were even allowed to sing! At the close of the service we sang two verses of a hymn, though we did have to put on masks to sing. Still, it was nice to be encouraged to sing.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #602 on: May 30, 2021, 10:25:54 pm »
Me, too. And I've also discovered that I do not miss seeing my coworkers every day.

Actually, I do miss my coworkers, it will be good to see them again.  Although I do have plans on going in on that first day, sitting down, and then after about 15 minutes, say out loud "Is it time to go home yet?"

:laugh:

I guess you can list this one under "opening up," but when I took my dad to church this morning, I was pleased and surprised that we did not have to wear masks in the service. The early service, which we attended, is not well attended, so even during the worst I would not have felt uncomfortable not wearing a mask. We were even allowed to sing! At the close of the service we sang two verses of a hymn, though we did have to put on masks to sing. Still, it was nice to be encouraged to sing.

My parents said today that their church expects the congregation can stop wearing masks at one point in June.   Mom, however says that when she needs to go out to stores and such, she's still going to wear her mask.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #603 on: June 02, 2021, 03:49:50 pm »
The city here keeps changing things--timetables, really. First it was going to be opened up June 11--and I'm not sure what that was supposed to entail. Now the mayor decided to open up some things today already--and I'm not sure what that includes, either.  ??? Throughout this whole disaster, all you had to do was cross the city line, and a whole different set of rules (the state's mandates) applied.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #604 on: June 02, 2021, 07:02:05 pm »

Me neither. In some cases, I'm glad to avoid it!  :laugh:

Actually, I do miss my coworkers, it will be good to see them again.

And they've missed you! They're going, where's Chuck with all his great festive events and treats?

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #605 on: June 09, 2021, 08:45:50 am »
I feel I (we?) have been getting mixed messages, and it's concerning and annoying me. On the one hand, things are opening up. On the other hand, I keep seeing and hearing dire reports that the virus mutation that has caused an unimaginable disaster in India is now spreading and heading our way. I mean, WTF? Which is it? We should continue precautions, or the vaccines will protect us and we can start working back toward pre-Covid normal? And what about all those foolish people who are continuing to refuse vaccination? What do we do about them?

I will say that yesterday I was happy to receive the news that I no longer have to make a reservation to go to church. We can just show up. We will still have social distancing, but we can even sing, although we will have to keep our masks on when we do.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #606 on: June 09, 2021, 11:20:44 am »
Everything here is pretty much back to normal, too. Some people still wear masks but the aren't required. And I, too, wonder if we should be more worried about mutations and antivaxxers.

Someone here said he knows of an antivaxxer couple who both got COVID and wound up in the ICU.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #607 on: June 09, 2021, 02:05:41 pm »
As I understand it, if you have the vaccine, you can still get Covid, but it won't be as severe of a case, and the vaccine offers protection against the India variant.

We've gotten official word that we are returning to the office as of 7/12 on a rotating basis, so mostly 2 - 3 days in the office and the rest of the week from home.

Then, maybe by September, we'll be back full time.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #608 on: June 09, 2021, 03:40:33 pm »
Everything here is pretty much back to normal, too. Some people still wear masks but they aren't required. And I, too, wonder if we should be more worried about mutations and antivaxxers.

Someone here said he knows of an antivaxxer couple who both got COVID and wound up in the ICU.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #609 on: June 11, 2021, 10:00:21 am »
We received word last evening that we no longer need to wear masks in the public areas (elevators, lobby) of my building. I guess I have mixed feelings about this.

Philadelphia is opening up further today, though I still can't keep straight in my head what's now OK and what's still not OK.