Author Topic: Corona - what does help you? Your fears, thoughts, everything  (Read 152140 times)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Corona - what does help you? Your fears, thoughts, everything
« Reply #620 on: June 27, 2021, 03:02:04 pm »
Headlines say the only people dying now or even getting serious cases are unvaccinated. What idiots are still holding out? The providers are literally bribing people to get them — free beer, drawings for prizes ..

That’s in the US, I should clarify, where supplies are plentiful.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #621 on: June 27, 2021, 04:24:44 pm »
Headlines say the only people dying now or even getting serious cases are unvaccinated. What idiots are still holding out? The providers are literally bribing people to get them — free beer, drawings for prizes ..

Some are nurses. I heard one on TV actually say she felt the vaccine wasn't safe. After how many millions of us have received vaccines with no harm done? She feels they aren't safe? 

I mean, WTF?

I would not want that idiot caring for me or my dad.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #622 on: June 28, 2021, 12:36:06 am »
If it wasn’t clear already, the past four to five years have been really eye-opening about how stupid people can be — even in this age of mass media and an internet with oceans of readily available info.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #623 on: July 04, 2021, 10:16:37 pm »
This morning I saw a TV commercial encouraging Covid vaccination that featured four of the living former presidents and their wives. (You can easily guess which couple was not present.) The commercial featured the Carters, the Bushes, the Clintons, and the Obamas. They were all shown masked and getting their shots.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #624 on: July 18, 2021, 09:02:59 pm »
I'm sure I wrote this somewhere but I can't remember where.

Recently an "ace" pitcher for the Philadelphia Phillies had to go on the Covid protocol because he was exposed to someone who had been exposed to someone. When he came back, he said he had no intention of getting vaccinated

Idiot. Somebody should take a Louisville Slugger to his head.  >:(

I wonder does any of this stupid anti-vaxx business have anything to do with people's perception of danger? I'm sure at least some of them are not looking at the millions of people who have been vaccinated and had no ill effects. Instead they're looking at the few instances of some people having adverse reactions.

Of course, even the mainstream media seem to be emphasizing these "outlier" cases.  :(

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #625 on: July 19, 2021, 02:45:42 pm »
Someone on Twitter just wrote, ?You can get injured playing [name of some football position] if you?re wearing a helmet but man, try playing without one.? Somewhere else I saw, ?You can get pregnant if you?re using birth control but that doesn?t mean you should stop using birth control.?

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #626 on: July 19, 2021, 10:03:54 pm »
I'm sure I wrote this somewhere but I can't remember where.

Recently an "ace" pitcher for the Philadelphia Phillies had to go on the Covid protocol because he was exposed to someone who had been exposed to someone. When he came back, he said he had no intention of getting vaccinated

Idiot. Somebody should take a Louisville Slugger to his head.  >:(

Baseball is having an issue.   Wonder if we'll see a similar occurrence with the Olympics.

Yankees officially battling six COVID-19 cases

By Dan Martin - July 16, 2021

The Yankees opened the second half of the season with a full-blown COVID-19 crisis, which includes the loss of Aaron Judge.

Judge was placed on the COVID-19 injured list prior to Friday?s game against the Red Sox, along with Gio Urshela and Kyke Higashioka. They joined Nestor Cortes Jr., Jonathan Loaisiga and Wandy Peralta, who went on the IL on Thursday.

That left the Yankees with a makeshift roster in The Bronx against the first-place Red Sox, a day after the rivals had a game postponed due to the Yankees? outbreak.

?Look, that?s our reality right now,? manager Aaron Boone said before the game. ?We?ve got to make the best of it.?

Their starting lineup included Chris Gittens at first base, as Luke Voit was placed on the 10-day IL with a left knee bone bruise. Gittens entered the game with just 10 games of major league experience.

https://nypost.com/2021/07/16/yankees-officially-battling-six-covid-19-cases/

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #627 on: July 19, 2021, 11:09:14 pm »
Baseball is having an issue.   Wonder if we'll see a similar occurrence with the Olympics.

Well, we've already got two gymnasts in quarantine.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #628 on: July 20, 2021, 10:01:27 pm »

We've talked in the past about Steve Grand.  An openly gay singer who made waves with his first videos, "American Boy" and "Stay".

He posted this to his Twitter feed and Facebook account about a half hour ago.

I tested positive for COVID-19 today. I?m fully vaccinated.

I started experiencing symptoms last Friday, a day after I flew back from Ptown.

I say this not to alarm, but to notify anyone who had contact with me while I was out there. Considering the timeline, I believe I must have gotten it while in ptown.

I also want to remind folks that you still can get COVID after being vaccinated. I had both Moderna shots about 2 months ago.

Thankfully, and very likely because of the vaccine, my symptoms are very mild: dry cough, fatigue, but mostly, I just feel a little ?off.?

Also, I want to apologize for having to cancel my last 4 shows in ptown. It broke my heart to have to do that but it clearly was a blessing in disguise, as I ended up having COVID.

Stay safe out there. If you are unvaccinated, have a look at the stats and the fact that the vast majority of COVID hospitalizations are those without the vaccine; some 99% of Covid deaths are those that are unvaccinated?take into consideration those who are unable to be vaccinated?

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #629 on: July 20, 2021, 10:02:13 pm »
As a follow up.

Boston urges Provincetown visitors to get tested for COVID-19, self-isolate

The Boston Public Health Commission said at least 35 COVID-19 cases in Boston residents have been traced back to a cluster in Provincetown, adding that the overwhelming majority of the patients were fully vaccinated.

The city's health commission issued new guidance Tuesday to all Boston residents who have traveled to Provincetown so far during the month of July and until further notice.

The city is telling visitors to the town to get tested for COVID-19 at least five days after returning, regardless of vaccination status or symptoms.

Boston health officials are also asking visitors to self-isolate and avoid groups or gatherings for at least five days and until they receive a negative COVID-19 test, regardless of vaccination status.

The new guidance comes 24 hours after Provincetown officials issued a public health advisory, following the recent uptick in COVID-19 cases.

https://www.wcvb.com/article/boston-urges-provincetown-visitors-to-get-tested-for-covid-19-self-isolate/37081934#