Author Topic: Hallmark Christmas movies are getting inclusive  (Read 6542 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Hallmark Christmas movies are getting inclusive
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2020, 02:53:54 am »
Well plus, how dare he take one of the few roles that could go to straight actors. They have enough trouble getting cast as it is without cultural appropriation.

I remember when Rupert Everett came out and was told his career was ruined because he'd always be cast as gay men and he said that was fine with him because "we're not, contrary to popular belief, all alike." I thought that was a cool answer, but years later I believe I heard that he now felt his career was ruined.

You are correct on that.

Rupert Everett: being gay stifled my career

Hannah Jane Parkinson - Fri 4 Jul 2014

The actor Rupert Everett has re-stated his belief that being gay stifled his acting career, telling the Daily Telegraph "there’s only a certain amount of mileage you can make, as a young pretender, as a leading man, as a homosexual. There just isn’t very far you can go”.

The My Best Friend Wedding's star, promoting his be appearance in Peter Schaffer's Amadeus in Chichester, said: "You can only understand the disaster of your own case yourself. You can’t ever expect the world to see everything about yourself in the way that you do – certainly in terms of conducting a career as a homosexual in show business. Not so much now, maybe, because I’m older. It’s not such a threatening problem. But all through my career it was a huge issue."

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2014/jul/04/being-gay-was-a-huge-issue-in-my-career-says-rupert-everett-gay-actors-closet

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2022, 11:42:27 pm »
One of Hallmark Network's new holiday movies this year features a gay couple at the center of the story.

In prior years, Hallmark Network aired a pair of holiday movies, The Christmas House (2020), and the sequel in 2021, The Christmas House 2:  Deck Those Halls.  Both movies featured a gay couple, but in these movies they were not the center of the story, and were already a married couple who happened to be looking to adopt.

This year,  Hallmark Network is giving us the first movie to show a gay couple that is following the usual plot of a holiday movie, a couple meeting and falling in love.

On Sunday, they will air The Holiday Sitter.   This movie stars Jonathan Bennett as Sam.   Sam is about to leave for a Hawaiian vacation, when he receives a call from his sister and brother-in-law who have to leave town, and need him to watch their two children.

Sam is not good with kids, and he finds a helping hand in next-door neighbor Jason, played by George Krissa.  Of course, sparks fly between Sam and Jason.

The Holiday Sitter airs this Sunday, December 11th at 8:00 Eastern.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2022, 11:46:31 pm »

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2022, 11:00:30 am »
Thanks! I'll watch for it!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2022, 08:03:20 pm »
A Christmas To Treasure

Taylor Frey and Kyle Dean Massey are donning their gay apparel!

The beautiful couple is bringing more LGBTQ+ representation and love into everyone's homes on their new film A Christmas to Treasure.

As the third Lifetime holiday movie centering on a gay holiday romance, the couple is beyond excited to showcase their love on screen.

"It's been a bit of a hot topic issue in the last couple weeks. Any type of queer representation in holiday movies is apparently not allowed, so the fact that we have this movie coming out... I'm so proud of it. I want everyone to watch it," Massey tells Out.

A Christmas to Treasure follows a group of friends as they reunite for one final hometown holiday treasure hunt. As the search unfolds and fond childhood memories are relived, sparks fly once again between Frey and Massey's characters.

"It's a love story. It's a classic holiday love story. What's really exciting about this one is coming out and all of those things aren't at the forefront. This is a normal relationship. It's pretty true to our personalities and the roles were kind of written for us," Frey adds.

You can see A Christmas to Treasure on the Lifetime network, on Dec. 20th at 6:00pm Eastern, and again on Christmas Day at 10:00pm Eastern.

A Christmas To Treasure

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2022, 08:13:06 pm »
I love Kyle Dean!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2023, 10:40:52 pm »
Hallmark Channel Has Two Queer Christmas Movies Coming Out This Year

By - Mey Rude - September 21 2023

Jonathan Bennett and Vincent Rodriguez III are fast becoming icons of the queer Christmas content!

Bennett, who starred in the network?s first holiday film to feature an LGBTQ+ storyline (The Christmas House) and first LGBTQ+-led Christmas film (The Holiday Sitter), and Vincent Rodriguez III, who stars in the Prime Video holiday-themed series With Love, are teaming up to play the latest gay couple in a Hallmark Christmas movie.

Also starring Catherin Bell, John Brotherton, Erin Cahill, and James Denton, Christmas on Cherry Lane sees three stories intertwining: a young couple preparing for their first child, an empty nester and her fiance ready to start a new chapter in life, and a couple (Bennett and Rodriguez III) ?who unexpectedly have the chance to expand their family on Christmas Eve.?

For queer women, Hallmark also has an all-new lesbian romantic comedy coming out this Christmas.

Friends & Family Christmas sees queer Canadian actor Ali Liebert and queer Ginny & Georgia star Humberly Gonzalez taking part in the beloved ?fake dating? trope.

?Daniella (Gonzalez) has recently moved to New York to pursue an art career and decides to stay in town to share the holidays with her circle of artist friends, instead of going home to see her sweet, if overbearing parents,? the description reads. ?Amelia (Liebert) is a talented entertainment lawyer trying to stay focused on her work after a broken engagement.?

https://www.out.com/film/hallmark-gay-christmas-movies-2023

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2023, 09:50:22 am »
No Luke McFarlane?

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.