Author Topic: Is it something I said?  (Read 20579 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Is it something I said?
« Reply #70 on: February 07, 2021, 12:19:11 pm »
:)

Hope you're feeling better, and that you get to see Pepper Ann today.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline morrobay

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #71 on: February 07, 2021, 03:12:34 pm »
thanks Chuck, I do feel better today. 

I just got back from meeting her and of course, she's adorable...very friendly, happy...she has problems walking, can't jump up into the car, etc, a link below is a video of her walking.

Even if Emmett was afraid of her, she's unable to run after him, so he'd always be safe.  But I still don't know if he would accept her and be comfortable around a new dog.  I don't want his life to change.  It's a big decision. 

https://youtu.be/tPke9dI1-cg
"Do you mind if I smoke?"
"I don't care if you shoot up."

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #72 on: February 07, 2021, 04:18:29 pm »
Why is she walking like that?

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #73 on: February 07, 2021, 04:53:49 pm »
Ok, I have now created a blog space (child board) "Is it something I said? 2" and am now trying to move this thread.

So far, this is a regular thread, not a child board. I added the 2 to the blog title to avoid confusion and will remove it later, when everything works. Knock on wood.

ETA: Done. Looks like it works. Any problems, let me know.

It worked. At least, it shows up on the list when I look now. Thanks!
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline morrobay

« Reply #74 on: February 07, 2021, 06:50:11 pm »
Why is she walking like that?

I was surprised that her foster didn't know more about her...they suspect a neurological problem, but I didn't get a definitive answer.  I might ask if she was x-rayed, and if those x-rays can be sent to my vet.

She's so cute, though...I wonder if she would do well in a wheelchair...I follow several wheelie dogs on Instagram.  But just seeing her for a few minutes, I think she's ok - for the moment - on her own.  I guess everything would depend on a clear diagnosis.  Rotts are known to have hip problems anyway, so it won't get any better as she gets older, that's for sure.  I don't know if I'm up to taking care of a disabled dog...I might not have the courage.

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #75 on: February 07, 2021, 08:34:37 pm »
I was surprised that her foster didn't know more about her...they suspect a neurological problem, but I didn't get a definitive answer.  I might ask if she was x-rayed, and if those x-rays can be sent to my vet.

She's so cute, though...I wonder if she would do well in a wheelchair...I follow several wheelie dogs on Instagram.  But just seeing her for a few minutes, I think she's ok - for the moment - on her own.  I guess everything would depend on a clear diagnosis.  Rotts are known to have hip problems anyway, so it won't get any better as she gets older, that's for sure.  I don't know if I'm up to taking care of a disabled dog...I might not have the courage.

Yeah, you probably need a clear diagnosis before you make a decision.

But she sure needs a good home, and I'm sure you're up to it if  you do take her home.

Offline morrobay

« Reply #76 on: February 08, 2021, 11:35:15 am »
yeah, I would have to get a definite diagnosis before I adopted her.  It's not fair to ask someone to take a dog with an obvious problem, without knowing what the future might be.  What if she wasn't able to walk at all, in a  year or two.  She's only 3. 

I get upset with Austin Pets Alive, I think they just want to keep their numbers up, for how many animals they're able to adopt out, so they can keep their government funding.  They didn't even want to do a home visit, to see if my house was ok for Pepper.  She asked me if it was one or two story...it's one, but if they don't check, how do they know I'm not lying?

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #77 on: February 08, 2021, 05:07:36 pm »
That doesn't sound very responsible to me.

Offline morrobay

« Reply #78 on: February 08, 2021, 08:40:48 pm »
In all fairness, they do a great job with the shelter.  I just wish they were more thorough in the placement process.

But they place as many dogs and cats as they can in foster care.  They train dogs that are in the shelter to do obedience commands, it gives them a much better chance at being adopted.  Last year they gave out free dog and cat food to Austin pet owners who needed help during covid.  And they take in dogs and cats from other states, after disasters like floods and tornadoes. The volunteers work with the dogs a lot, get them out of their cages for exercise...they are even building tiny homes on the premises that the dogs can stay in.

Introducing APA! tiny homes! These cottages will double as comfortable and quiet housing for the most in-need dogs and workspaces for staff and volunteers. The idea is to provide more of a home-like environment for the dogs, for decompression, training, and quality-of-life purposes. The cottages will each have their own yard and be outfitted with dog-friendly seating and work spaces, as well as heat and a/c. The goal is that the dogs assigned to these cottages will move in permanently until we are able to find a foster or adoptive home for them - no more kennel life for these lucky pups!

Offline morrobay

« Reply #79 on: February 09, 2021, 10:55:51 am »