Author Topic: Today's Wordle ------- spoilers alert!  (Read 324854 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Today's Wordle ------- spoilers alert!
« Reply #3340 on: January 02, 2024, 02:44:39 pm »
Wordle 927 5/6

⬜🟨⬜🟨⬜ RATIO
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ PLUME
⬜⬜🟨🟨🟨 CHAIN
⬜🟨🟨🟨⬜ SINGS
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 AGING

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #3341 on: January 02, 2024, 02:52:50 pm »
Daily Quordle 708
5️⃣6️⃣
8️⃣9️⃣
m-w.com/games/quordle/
🟨🟩⬜⬜🟨 🟨⬜🟨⬜🟨 RATIO
⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜ ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ PLUME
🟩🟩⬜🟨🟨 ⬜⬜🟨🟨🟨 MACRO
🟩🟩⬜🟩🟨 ⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜ MASON
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 ⬜⬜⬜🟨🟨 MANOR
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 TORCH
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛

⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜ ⬜🟨⬜🟩⬜ RATIO
⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜ ⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜ PLUME
⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜ ⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜ MACRO
⬜🟩⬜⬜🟨 ⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜ MASON
⬜🟩🟨⬜⬜ ⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜ MANOR
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ TORCH
🟩⬜🟨⬜⬜ ⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩 FLAIL
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 ⬜🟨⬜⬜🟨 FAUNA
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 AVAIL

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #3342 on: January 02, 2024, 04:20:52 pm »
Connections
Puzzle #205
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟪🟪🟪🟪

https://www.nytimes.com/games/connections

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #3343 on: January 02, 2024, 05:17:00 pm »
Not quite sure what you mean, Katy.

I feel like I've asked you about this before, but years ago in New Orleans I wrote about Chinese crawfish producers squeezing Louisiana producers out of the market. People still eat lots of local crawfish in Louisiana, but nobody else in the country eats crawfish of any kind. Anyway, at the time I was told that the other big market was Scandinavian countries, where people eat crawfish and drink icy vodka at either New Year or Midsummer, can't remember which. I guess it makes more sense in summer.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #3344 on: January 02, 2024, 05:22:07 pm »
Wordle 927 4/6

⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜SHIRT
⬜🟨🟩⬜⬜DAILY
🟩⬜🟩⬜⬜ALIVE
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩AGING

Continuing my new habit of working with the approved letters instead of eliminating other letters. WordleBot scolded me, saying DAILY was OK but ALONE would have been "more efficient." That's true if you know the answer is AGING. But at that point, for all I knew the answer could have been DAILY!

Connections
Puzzle #205
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟪🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟪🟪🟪🟪

Connections tried to trick veteran Connections players who might think run and walk were a red herring and would actually belong to two separate categories.

Offline Sason

• Bork bork bork
« Reply #3345 on: January 02, 2024, 05:33:45 pm »
I feel like I've asked you about this before, but years ago in New Orleans I wrote about Chinese crawfish producers squeezing Louisiana producers out of the market. People still eat lots of local crawfish in Louisiana, but nobody else in the country eats crawfish of any kind. Anyway, at the time I was told that the other big market was Scandinavian countries, where people eat crawfish and drink icy vodka at either New Year or Midsummer, can't remember which. I guess it makes more sense in summer.

I see. I don't know about the other Scandinavian countries, but in Sweden there's a tradition of eating crawfish in August.  Fishing crawfish is only allowed during a short period in August-September. It's strictly regulated, to prevent some disease that easily spreads among them. Nowadays Swedish crawfish are rare and far between, those sold in stores are from China, and frozen.

There's a traditional party that a lot of people celebrate every year in August, kr?ftskiva, where they eat crawfish. My parents weren't born in Sweden, so we never celebrated any of the traditional Swedish holidays. Therefore I don't feel particularly sentimental over crawfish.

Kr?ftskiva

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #3346 on: January 02, 2024, 06:02:35 pm »
I see. I don't know about the other Scandinavian countries, but in Sweden there's a tradition of eating crawfish in August.  Fishing crawfish is only allowed during a short period in August-September. It's strictly regulated, to prevent some disease that easily spreads among them. Nowadays Swedish crawfish are rare and far between, those sold in stores are from China, and frozen.

There's a traditional party that a lot of people celebrate every year in August, kr?ftskiva, where they eat crawfish. My parents weren't born in Sweden, so we never celebrated any of the traditional Swedish holidays. Therefore I don't feel particularly sentimental over crawfish.

Thanks for the info! It could be my sources had never heard of kr?ftskiva (which I assume has an accented vowel that's showing up as a question mark in your post) and just said midsummer instead. But I'll confess -- it's possible they said Sweden but I didn't remember whether they'd actually specified Sweden or Norway so I kind of conflated the two, hoping one or both might be accurate.

Louisianans don't eat crawfish all year but they have big crawfish boils in spring -- fresh crawfish -- and at least a while into the summer and maybe beyond. They also eat raw oysters, but the rule for that is simpler: eat them only in months containing the letter R (i.e., September through April)

Offline Sason

• Bork bork bork
« Reply #3347 on: January 02, 2024, 07:49:49 pm »
Here you can see the spelling of the word.

Skiva is an oldfashioned word for party, and kr?fta is crawfish.

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #3348 on: January 03, 2024, 10:29:53 am »
Pardon my posting this so early. Lots of stuff happening today; have to get an early start.

Wordle 928 3/6*

⬜🟨⬜🟨⬜    PLATE
🟩🟨🟩⬜🟩   TRILL
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩  TWIRL

Connections
Puzzle #206
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟪🟪🟪🟪
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #3349 on: January 03, 2024, 10:46:17 am »
Wordle 928 3/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜CRANE
🟩⬜🟩🟨⬜TOILS
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩TWIRL