Author Topic: Heath directs a music video  (Read 2521 times)

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Heath directs a music video
« on: April 05, 2006, 05:52:04 pm »
Thanks to lemonadestand2003 posting on TOB:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0388795/board/thread/40173547

Heath shoots from hip
April 05, 2006 

HEATH Ledger will make his directing debut with the release of Sydney hip hop artist N'fa's latest single this month.

Having conquered the big screen, Ledger - who celebrated his 27th birthday yesterday - is exploring the directing side with the approval of close buddy and Perth schoolmate N'fa.

Using the garage in his recently sold Bronte pad as a makeshift studio, Ledger shot, directed and edited the music video to N'fa's single Cause an Effect, the title track of the EP due out on April 24.

"We've been good friends since we were kids, so when he asked me if he could shoot the video I was like yeah, sure," the former 1200 Techniques band member told Confidential yesterday.

In the clip, Ledger has applied an edgy creative concept which uses a voodoo character - N'fa - to convey emotional repression.

The video was shot over just one day during the actor's visit to Sydney in January and edited at his New York base with the help of several film industry contacts.

"The ideas were all his, he ran them by me but I was like, 'Whatever man, I'm stoked you're making my video'," N'fa said.
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

vkm91941

Re: Heath directs a music video
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 09:40:50 pm »
Thanks for sharing that.  I think it is really interestng that Heath did that for his friend   Sounds like he may have some interest in being behind the camera in the future.  Good choice for good actors  especially, those who are the leading men heart throb types, for their later years ....worked out well for Redford, Eastwood and Gibson.  Even for some women, Kathy Bates and Jodie Foster spring to mind as good examples   Hope we all get to see the video when it comes out!

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 09:47:30 pm »
Thanks John!  This is exciting.  I look forward to seeing the films Heath directs almost as much as the ones he acts in.  I really do picture a great future.

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 10:19:47 am »
These are the videos Heath directed....
Ben Harper "Morning Yearning"...
[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="
&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

N'fa "Cause and Effect"...
&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

N'fa "Seduction is Evil"...

Link to Ben Harper's "Reason to Mourn"...
http://wearethemasses.com/musicvideos/bh_reason.html
Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2008, 12:09:55 pm »
Thanks so much for those links, Bruce!  :-*
Ich bin ein Brokie...