Author Topic: If you are reading this in the US, you have time to make a difference!  (Read 1905 times)

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
I'm spending some time this week making calls to get out the frickin' vote for Tuesday's elections! MoveOn.org makes it super easy to make calls from home using their virtually foolproof online system of recording your stats as you talk to people.

They know that over 60 races across the country are basically tied, and we just need to turn out the progressive voters who don't always vote in mid-term elections to make the difference. We have a HUGE opportunity here to take back congress after 12 years of Republican control. If you have even 30 minutes to spend, you can make a difference for the direction the country goes in the last two years of Bush's term. Let's make him a lame duck now--imagine how much better it will be without his agenda getting pushed through Congress.

Click below to sign up for a shift anytime between now and Tuesday--and if at all possible spend some time tonight on the phone--it's the last chance to identify which voters we'll be calling to make sure they can get to the polls on Tuesday.

http://pol.moveon.org/phone/volunteer/c4c.html

I've done it several times already and it's really not hard. Even if you reach only 1 in 5 voters, the numbers add up when you multiply them with the thousands of others who are helping to do this tonight.

Thanks, and let's start dialing!

Jenny
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."