Author Topic: Getting to know you...SPECIAL TREATS just for YOU!  (Read 17538 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Getting to know you...SPECIAL TREATS just for YOU!
« on: April 05, 2006, 08:03:25 pm »
Hi Sweethearts,

If you haven't already, please take a moment and go introduce yourself on the aptly named "Say Hello and Introduce Yourself" forum.  Feel free to keep it short and sweet, but please do it as a BetterMost forum courtesy.

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php?topic=31.0
Thanks,

Clarissa
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 06:46:06 pm by Ellemeno »

Offline Ellemeno

Re: Getting to know you...Now with added PLEASE!
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2006, 12:44:38 am »
Come on you guys, this thread has been viewed 53 times since I posted it, and only 4 people have added their introductions.  What's up?  Help me understand...

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2006, 12:50:12 am »
I introduced myself.  Do I get a star?  A candy cane?  A fuzzy heart sticker?  A diet coke?

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2006, 12:58:45 am »
Ah, is that the answer?  Alright - everyone who posts in the intro thread and comes back to this thread will get a special treat just for them, hand-picked personally by me.

You, henrypie, get a gift certificate to your favorite yarn store, and a trip to the West Hollywood Whole Foods to watch Jake buying his produce and vitamins.  And a Diet Coke for after Easter.

Who's next?  A hand-picked treat, just for you!

« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 02:09:03 am by Ellemeno »

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2006, 01:04:07 am »
Ah, is that the answer?  Alright - everyone who posts in the intro thread and comes back to this thread will get a special treat just for them, hand-picked personally by me.

You, henrypie, get a gift certificate to your favorite yarn store, and a trip to the West Hollywood Whole Foods to watch Jake buying his produce and vitamins.  And a Diet Coke.

Speechless with gratitude at your imaginary thoughtfulness, Ellemenopie.
(I gave up diet coke, and all other diet soft drinks -- and sugary ones too -- for Lent.  Stupid rotten Lent!)

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
Re: Getting to know you...Now with added SPECIAL TREATS!
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2006, 01:09:19 am »
What do I get?

I WANT Ennis delMar...

Heathen

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2006, 01:11:01 am »
It's time for bed, (no! not again!) but if I post my introduction tomorrow do I still get a prize??? You can start thinking of what to get me now...hmmm what do I want? a plane ticket to Chicago? How bout a 'round the world ticket?

Jenny
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2006, 01:16:00 am »
>>I WANT Ennis delMar...

For THAT prize, I'd do more than introduce myself on the forum. I'd rent a billboard! Take out a full-page ad in Variety!

Offline littledarlin

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • darlin=andrew, guitar=mandy
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2006, 01:16:30 am »
You, henrypie, get a gift certificate to your favorite yarn store, and a trip to the West Hollywood Whole Foods to watch Jake buying his produce and vitamins.  And a Diet Coke.

i did it.  i want a trip to any whole foods!  who cares about jake, i need groceries!  lol
We can hug on November, caress and nice oak.

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2006, 01:31:50 am »
I did it days ago, before Elle made it trendy with this sticky thread offering treats. Surely that should be worth something? ;)

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2006, 01:48:23 am »
i did it.  i want a trip to any whole foods!  who cares about jake, i need groceries!  lol

Andrew, you get a special showing of Office Space and Donnie Darko that you can invite your Brokie friends to and a 2 month supply of nicotine patches to put on the top shelf of your closet for when you are ready for them.  Also, a gift certificate to your favorite music store.  And a case of beans.  And a special fountain pen and ink.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2006, 02:06:22 am »
I did it days ago, before Elle made it trendy with this sticky thread offering treats. Surely that should be worth something? ;)

Courtney, you get a pair of the best headphones to listen to the movie and music while your roommate sleeps.  And a pair of beautiful, warm boots and a gorgeous quilt for your bed.  And that other thing I sent you a while back.  But that was just for being you.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2006, 02:08:17 am »
RouxB, newyearsday, latjoreme - come back when you've done your intros, and you'll get your special treats.  I've got a really good one for you, RouxB.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 02:11:10 am by Ellemeno »

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2006, 02:13:05 am »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Andrew, you get a special showing of Office Space and Donnie Darko that you can invite your Brokie friends to

(Maybe I can cash in on that one a bit also....)

dmmb_Mandy

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2006, 03:37:26 am »
Ooh, Ooh, Clarissa, I intro'd!  ;D

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2006, 04:02:12 am »
Ooh, Ooh, Clarissa, I intro'd!  ;D

Mandy, you get an all-expenses-paid trip to New York.  While there, you will receive a signed, first edtion of Brokeback Mountain: The Board Game that you can play at a game party with Holly McNarland and the Brokies of your choice.  You also get a gift certificate to an upscale New York City sex toy store.

How's that?

dmmb_Mandy

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2006, 04:08:51 am »
Ooohh, purrfect, I LOVE New York! Can Jake come too? I wanna kick his butt at the board game!

You also get a gift certificate to an upscale New York City sex toy store.

LOL, has my naughtiness become apparent because of rt's thread? It's so hard not to be naughty when it involves Ennis + Jack (theoretically).

BTW - LOVE your avatar!!

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2006, 08:32:20 am »
I'm there already too, Elle.  I would have taken the satisfaction of having made some new friends, but since you're offering incentives, I want mine!!

"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2006, 09:47:37 am »
OK, Clarissa, I just went and introduced myself. May I have something Jake for my special treat? Like the jockstrap he was wearing when he was playing softball, maybe?
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2006, 10:56:49 am »
Okay, Elle--

Done the introducin' thing. What's my goodie? A night in a tent with Ennis?

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2006, 10:58:42 am »
I posted there too!  ;D ;D

A night in a tent with Ennis?
Leslie! Leslie! Leslie! Unless you dress like Jack and have a sex-change, the night in a tent with Ennis will do nothing except keep you warm and have you smell like cat piss or worse..  ;D I'm just saying that, because I want that night with Ennis!....  :P

~ j U d E
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 11:01:07 am by JudeW »
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2006, 11:24:54 am »
I'll have individualized SPECIAL TREATS for each of you later today.   Unstickying for now.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 06:41:31 pm by Ellemeno »

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2006, 11:34:17 am »
I'll have incividualized SPECIAL TREATS for each of you later today.   

Goody - can't wait.  BTW, love the avatar.  You look a like more like Ennis than I expected though...or a coffee mug.  Not sure which is you.
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2006, 11:46:07 am »
Ooh, ooh - I want a prize!

I've already bored everyone silly over there with not one but *several* posts droning on and on about how Mr. Smith should be running this country, silly tourists barging in the queues, fat German businessmen forming pyramids in the pool and frightening the children, and how if you're not in the dining hall at spot on seven o'clock, you miss the Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup - the first item of international cuisine...

Oops, there I go again.  Anyway, since I've worn out my welcome over there and come back here to post about it, do I get an extra special prize made just for me???
No more beans!

Offline littledarlin

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • darlin=andrew, guitar=mandy
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2006, 11:51:22 am »

Andrew, you get a special showing of Office Space and Donnie Darko that you can invite your Brokie friends to and a 2 month supply of nicotine patches to put on the top shelf of your closet for when you are ready for them.  Also, a gift certificate to your favorite music store.  And a case of beans.  And a special fountain pen and ink.

sweet!
We can hug on November, caress and nice oak.

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2006, 11:52:39 am »
Okay-where is my pressie?? Where is Ennis del Mar?!

Heathen

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2006, 11:58:45 am »
BTW, love the avatar.  You look a like more like Ennis than I expected though...or a coffee mug.  Not sure which is you.

Oh, I'm the mug, baby!  :)

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2006, 06:39:11 pm »
DavidinHartford, yours is a simple special treat - Jack's pick up truck and a date with the Connecticut Brokie of my choice [sic], at the nearest remaining drive-in movie.  And a matted and framed 1980 Wendy's menu.

yaadpyar, you get nominated for a Bodhi award and win.  And at the after party, with all the Boddhisattvas and all your Brokie friends, you get your wings.  You also get a chance to brush Heath's hair.

Jeff Wrangler, you get a leather notebook that coordinates with your new top to bottom leather cowboy outfit to wear to the New Yorker party thrown in your honor, as the author of the second gay cowboy short story they have ever printed.  All your Brokie buds will be there.  The author of the first gay cowboy story will be there, and will post a glowing review of the party in The Guardian.

lnicoll, well, you get the distinction of having your first book of short stories remain on The New York Times bestseller list for 32 weeks.  To celebrate your receiving The Booker Prize, all your Brokie friends will join you at the naturist resort of your choice for a long weekend.  And Brokeback Fever will be listed in the new DSM-V, though it won't be til the DSM-VI that it will receive its final name - Nicoll's Syndrome.

More SPECIAL TREATS coming later...
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 06:43:22 pm by Ellemeno »

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2006, 06:49:01 pm »

Jeff Wrangler, you get a leather notebook that coordinates with your new top to bottom leather cowboy outfit to wear to the New Yorker party thrown in your honor, as the author of the second gay cowboy short story they have ever printed.  All your Brokie buds will be there.  The author of the first gay cowboy story will be there, and will post a glowing review of the party in The Guardian.

Ooooh! Thanks, Elle! Yeehaw! (That's even better than Jake's jockstrap. ...)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2006, 06:54:54 pm »

lnicoll, well, you get the distinction of having your first book of short stories remain on The New York Times bestseller list for 32 weeks.  To celebrate your receiving The Booker Prize, all your Brokie friends will join you at the naturist resort of your choice for a long weekend.  And Brokeback Fever will be listed in the new DSM-V, though it won't be til the DSM-VI that it will receive its final name - Nicoll's Syndrome.

More SPECIAL TREATS coming later...

You outin' me, Elle?  ;)

For the resort, I'm picking Desert Shadows, in Palm Sorings. See ya in the hot tub, folks!

LHN
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Ellemeno

Re: Getting to know you...SPECIAL TREATS just for YOU!
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2006, 07:03:44 pm »
You outin' me, Elle?  ;)

Not meaning to.  Which part?  Should I delete something?  [Ellemeno worries.]

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2006, 08:08:44 pm »
You outin' me, Elle?  ;)

Not meaning to.  Which part?  Should I delete something?  [Ellemeno worries.]

Don't worry, Elle. Obviously you found out about a certain component of my life through a Google search, so it isn't really secret, now, is it?

Being a naturist is a little like being gay--there are a whole lot of people who have no clue and who would persecute you for it, but when it comes down to it, it is really a private issue and nobody's business.

And really, for anyone who is reading this thread, check out Desert Springs, it is a really nice place and I would love to chat with fellow Tremblayans there in the hot tub...seriously!

LHN

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2006, 08:24:22 pm »
Oh Leslie, I did google you ages ago and saw that.  But I thought you had mentioned it to us too.  I think you did.  Didn't you?

Offline Shuggy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • 1964 - 2006
    • The Ataahua Shop
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2006, 08:34:36 pm »
Being a naturist is a little like being gay--there are a whole lot of people who have no clue and who would persecute you for it, but when it comes down to it, it is really a private issue and nobody's business.

Except that I for one really would recruit - or rather, I'd like clothes or not to become a non-issue everywhere, as it is at that French/Spanish? resort, Cap Agde?
I used to be a club nudist but I got out about the same time I came out. They were 1. homophobic and 2. boring. They hadn't thought it through at all.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2006, 08:35:25 pm »
Oh Leslie, I did google you ages ago and saw that.  But I thought you had mentioned it to us too.  I think you did.  Didn't you?

I don't think I did, but really, it's not a problem It is something I am totally comfortable with -- "being comfortable in my own skin"- but alot of people have an issue with it. I went through a period of trying to tell folks and I  realize now that that didn't work so now I just shut up. If they figure it out and want to talk, fine  -- I love that conversation but I don't press the issue anymore.

Like I said, I see parallels with being gay--

LHN

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2006, 08:39:37 pm »
Except that I for one really would recruit - or rather, I'd like clothes or not to become a non-issue everywhere, as it is at that French/Spanish? resort, Cap Agde?
I used to be a club nudist but I got out about the same time I came out. They were 1. homophobic and 2. boring. They hadn't thought it through at all.
I agree with you Shuggy that some of the naturists I have met are some of the most boring, idiotic people on the planet...and yes, homophobic  too.

But I have met a few great people--it is a little bit like finding the wheat among the chaff, or whatever the expression is.

I have thought that you were a like minded person.

PS-- La Jenny in France is great! Never been to Cap D'Agde but the silver coast is better, I think.  ;-) Mostly, I like the beach.
LHN
« Last Edit: April 07, 2006, 01:00:14 pm by lnicoll »

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2006, 09:31:36 pm »
Boy, am I glad I logged on tonight. You never know what you'll learn, or about whom you'll learn it, Chez Tremblay.

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2006, 09:45:09 pm »

yaadpyar, you get nominated for a Bodhi award and win.  And at the after party, with all the Boddhisattvas and all your Brokie friends, you get your wings.  You also get a chance to brush Heath's hair.

Oooooo - Elle.  I'm so honored.  I looked it up just to make sure I got ya right!  "Boddhisattva: an enlightened being who voluntarily postpones his own nirvana while striving to help all forms of sentient life attain enlightenment"
AWESOME!  Glad I introduced myself on the other forum!   :angel:

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2006, 10:15:28 pm »
neglected... :(

Heathen

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2006, 11:52:28 pm »
More specially-selected SPECIAL TREATS for posters to the "Introduce Yourself" thread:

JudeW - You get to work the Robbie Williams concert, where Robbie will pull you up on stage to sing a duet, and present you with baby kitten twins.  Also, an opportunity to join the Red Crescent and continue your volunteer work, while getting to practice your Arabic.

ednbarby, I think you already have most of your heart's desire.  In addition, you will receive an all-expenses-paid trip for three to Brisbane, Australia to study drawing with Ray and Sheyne.  To celebrate your new proficiency and confidence as an artist, you, your husband and son will be joined by all your Brokie friends at the Ring of Fire where we will have many happy campfires, and sing Vincent all around the lake.

RouxB, not neglected.  Ready to give you your SPECIAL TREAT, but waiting for you to post your intro on that thread.  Is it there and I missed it?

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2006, 11:55:04 pm »
You missed it babe! I checked in yesterday before I posted here.
Do I get my Ennis now?

Heathen

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2006, 12:02:14 am »
You missed it babe! I checked in yesterday before I posted here.
Do I get my Ennis now?

In this thread?    http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php?topic=31.0;all

Can you show me where?  I'm just not seeing it.

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2006, 12:31:51 am »
LMNO-I dunno wha happoned but it's there now.

So.....Ennis please

Heathen

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2006, 12:46:41 am »
RouxB, you get a giant plasma screen TV from Costco that you get to keep, and the brightest print of the first tent scene ever, and a wonderful Ennis-in-the-good-way-but-not-in-the-not-so-good-way kind of person to watch it with.  Short, but sweet.

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2006, 12:57:48 am »
Just what I wanted! Thanks Santameno!

Heathen

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2006, 01:43:02 am »

You and me both, dear Ruby.

All's I want is one of Jack's black hats, so I can rest on Jake's head.  Barring that, I'll take some elk's meat.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2006, 02:14:46 am by Ellemeno »
No more beans!

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2006, 01:53:12 am »

Hey, wait a minute!
A. I wasn't neglecting RouxB, I was waiting for her to post her intro in that thread, which she only did a little while ago.  She got her SPECIAL TREAT superquick after she posted.
B. Yours is already sittin an waitin for you in Reply #40, Barb, back a ways.

vkm91941

« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2006, 02:37:31 am »

All's I want is one of Jack's black hats, so I can rest on Jake's head.  Barring that, I'll take some elk's meat.

Me too  :'( I posted in that thread a long time ago and I'm feeling very neglected... JK elle! >:D
« Last Edit: April 07, 2006, 03:01:35 am by vkm91941 »

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2006, 02:57:52 am »
vkm91941, you get a troll-tamer's whip and the latex boots somebody was talking about.  You also get free pizza delivery for a year, and an all-expenses-paid vacation for two to Maui.  And a cowboy hats charm necklace.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2006, 02:59:30 am by Ellemeno »

vkm91941

« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2006, 03:03:33 am »
vkm91941, you get a troll-tamer's whip and the latex boots somebody was talking about.  You also get free pizza delivery for a year, and an all-expenses-paid vacation for two to Maui.  And a cowboy hats charm necklace.

Oooo thanks Elle, Love the whip and boots thing..that was Paul I think that came up with that one.  Nick and I are going to Maui end of April for 5 days, Jenny's sending me the hats and Nick bought me little silver boots engraved with a J&E and a silver Harmonica with a rope chain...you must be psychic.... Hmmmm LOL

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #50 on: April 07, 2006, 03:09:42 am »

Oooo thanks Elle, Love the whip and boots thing..that was Paul I think that came up with that one.  Nick and I are going to Maui end of April for 5 days, Jenny's sending me the hats and Nick bought me little silver boots engraved with a J&E and a silver Harmonica with a rope chain...you must be psychic.... Hmmmm LOL

Hey, are you kidding about the Maui thing?  Some people i had to go read their old posts to figure their SPECIAL TREATS out, yours just came easy.  Typed and sent it.   I was picturing Jenny's necklace, but didn't remember you had ordered one (if I knew?).  Anyway, it felt all made up, but came easy, like i said.  Really Maui?

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2006, 03:55:19 am »
hey elle. I posted a while ago in stichybuffys mini 'getting to know you' thread and have just posted again to the same thread replying to a poster.

What do I get!!???
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

vkm91941

« Reply #52 on: April 07, 2006, 04:04:37 am »

Yeah really Maui!  Nick and I went to this big dinner for his company loast month and we won the door prize 5 days, first class all expenses paid to  MAUI!   And he came home with the silver jewelry just last week with the words " I'm courtin so you get presents" LOL....Yeah like I said you must be psychic..... Either that or you and I really are sisters under the skin and communicate telepathically.  LOL!  Either way you were spot on Girlfriend! :D

Hey, are you kidding about the Maui thing?  Some people i had to go read their old posts to figure their SPECIAL TREATS out, yours just came easy.  Typed and sent it.   I was picturing Jenny's necklace, but didn't remember you had ordered one (if I knew?).  Anyway, it felt all made up, but came easy, like i said.  Really Maui?

« Last Edit: April 09, 2006, 12:40:18 am by vkm91941 »

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #53 on: April 07, 2006, 08:19:27 am »
I am doing it now Clarissa, I promise. *screws up eyes and puts hand on heart*
But I don't know how to describe myself, how would you guys decsribe me?
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline Flashframe777

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • autumn auteur
« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2006, 09:39:39 am »
a trip to the West Hollywood Whole Foods to watch Jake buying his produce and vitamins. 

Elle, there are two in West Hollywood.  I'd frequent the one on Fairfax if I were the winner.
"yet he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream"

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #55 on: April 07, 2006, 12:57:11 pm »

Hey, wait a minute!
A. I wasn't neglecting RouxB, I was waiting for her to post her intro in that thread, which she only did a little while ago.  She got her SPECIAL TREAT superquick after she posted.
B. Yours is already sittin an waitin for you in Reply #40, Barb, back a ways.

ednbarby, I think you already have most of your heart's desire.  In addition, you will receive an all-expenses-paid trip for three to Brisbane, Australia to study drawing with Ray and Sheyne.  To celebrate your new proficiency and confidence as an artist, you, your husband and son will be joined by all your Brokie friends at the Ring of Fire where we will have many happy campfires, and sing Vincent all around the lake.

Wooooooowee!  (Bet you were tired a my dumbass missin of that post, hunh?)  Thank you from the bottom of my heart.  You've got me so well pegged, it's almost frightening.  You bring the Old Rose, and I'll bring the elk meat.  But no more beans.
No more beans!

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2006, 12:34:17 am »
Hey those of you who have posted intros, but who haven't received your SPECIAL TREAT yet - I'm out of town for the weekend at a place with sloooowwwww internet connection.  I'll be back in the saddle on Monday, and you'll get your specially-chosen, just for you, SPECIAL TREAT then. 

Meanwhile, let's see if we can get 20 or so more intros on that BetterMost thread -

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php?topic=31.0

Make me work like a dog, coming up with your SPECIAL TREAT, I love it!

Clarissa

Offline EnnisLovesJack

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Jack Nasty love me!
« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2006, 11:57:40 pm »

Hi Clarissa,

Is there a time limit on this offer? I'm just seeing this thread now, but I posted my intro on the introduce yourself thread around April 15 or 16th. What do I win? A night in a pup tent with Jack AND Ennis? FYI, the correct answer here is "yes."

Cheers,
ELJ/Keren
Jack Nasty loves you!

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #58 on: April 28, 2006, 01:07:52 am »
Oww Keren, move over! You're laying on my hair!

O0

Heathen

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #59 on: April 28, 2006, 02:13:16 am »
Keren, no time limit on this offer!

Per voi, un laptop con il wifi. un ebreo scozzese con i muscoli forti della coscia, e due armoniche da giocare insieme.

Offline EnnisLovesJack

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Jack Nasty love me!
« Reply #60 on: April 28, 2006, 03:14:16 pm »
Keren, no time limit on this offer!

Per voi, un laptop con il wifi. un ebreo scozzese con i muscoli forti della coscia, e due armoniche da giocare insieme.

Grazie, Clarissa! Sei proprio brava. Hai capito benissimo i desideri del mio cuore. (E dai, siamo amici, mi puoi dare del tu.  ;))

Adesso scusami, vado a imparare come suonare "Water walking Jesus" sull'armoinca col mio nuovo ragazzo ebreo scozzese! :laugh:
Jack Nasty loves you!

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
« Reply #61 on: April 28, 2006, 10:53:51 pm »
Bodhisattva vow:

Sentient beings are numberless; I vow to ferry them across the ocean of samsara (cycle orf birth-death-rebirth)
Delusion is everywhere; I vow to uproot it completely
The gates of the Dahrma (Buddhist law) are endless; I vow to enter them all;
The word of the Buddha is unsurpassed; I vowe t actualize it.

Hey, tall order!
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline EnnisLovesJack

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Jack Nasty love me!
« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2006, 01:30:45 am »
I love the pics you post, Julie!
This one calls to mind one of my favorites from the IMDB cowboy ettiquette thread...
                                           "Objects in mirror are farther, smaller, and sadder than you could ever imagine...."
Jack Nasty loves you!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #63 on: April 29, 2006, 03:05:37 am »
I love the pics you post, Julie!
This one calls to mind one of my favorites from the IMDB cowboy ettiquette thread...
                                           "Objects in mirror are farther, smaller, and sadder than you could ever imagine...."

Ah ... that etiquette thread was so great. So many of those posts are seared into my memory.