Author Topic: Practical Paranoia - Don't Tell on Us!  (Read 9376 times)

Offline Chanterais

• Sr. Ranch Hand
Re: Practical Paranoia - Don't Tell on Us!
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2006, 06:27:49 am »
That's JCobserver right? There's something odd about her and some of her postings. I even wonder if she is spying for the trolls.

Opini, what is it that's odd about her posts?  I can't quite put my finger on it.  Can you figure it out?

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2006, 07:32:14 am »
I recognise the names of both JC and Xaerax but don't 'know' them.

also somebody emailed the tremlay yahoo list and asked the same question... don't think anyone has replied to that person either...
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2006, 07:46:55 am »
Totally off topic, but where have you been Kelda?!  Can i assume that the new relationship is working nicely and he has distracted you away from us?
~A good general knows when to retreat~

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2006, 08:29:53 am »
That's JCobserver right? There's something odd about her and some of her postings. I even wonder if she is spying for the trolls.

Opini, what is it that's odd about her posts?  I can't quite put my finger on it.  Can you figure it out?

Here's my take on it.  This individual has no posting history AT ALL before March 15, and attributes that to being a shy lurker.  And then, on March 15, suddenly appears at CT (NEVER having posted at IMDb anywhere), and says she's so glad to have found our group, and how we're so wonderful and intelligent, and she's suddently everyone's best friend.  Anyone being so suddenly friendly, and having never posted a single thought about BBM, esp on the TOB, makes me immediately suspicious.

She bumped many, many of our classic threads to the top during the major troll attack under the guise of reminding us of the good stuff.  Usually those who lurk around don't like posting much, and do so rarely.  This one claims to have lurked, but then goes in the totally other direction, posting copiously, PMing, and being very aggressive about being considered a valued part of the community.  Anyone this chatty and with this much to say is an odd lurker!

My favorite post of JCobserver was the one where she listed actual hotlinks to other forums we might consider joining since CT was being decimated - just trying to help us all out.  So considerate to list all that right on-line for the trolls to read....

So many had the same response of "something's weird here" so I trust that instinct completely.
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline Chanterais

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2006, 09:02:18 am »
Here's my take on it.  This individual has no posting history AT ALL before March 15, and attributes that to being a shy lurker.  And then, on March 15, suddenly appears at CT (NEVER having posted at IMDb anywhere), and says she's so glad to have found our group, and how we're so wonderful and intelligent, and she's suddently everyone's best friend.  Anyone being so suddenly friendly, and having never posted a single thought about BBM, esp on the TOB, makes me immediately suspicious.

She bumped many, many of our classic threads to the top during the major troll attack under the guise of reminding us of the good stuff.  Usually those who lurk around don't like posting much, and do so rarely.  This one claims to have lurked, but then goes in the totally other direction, posting copiously, PMing, and being very aggressive about being considered a valued part of the community.  Anyone this chatty and with this much to say is an odd lurker!

My favorite post of JCobserver was the one where she listed actual hotlinks to other forums we might consider joining since CT was being decimated - just trying to help us all out.  So considerate to list all that right on-line for the trolls to read....

So many had the same response of "something's weird here" so I trust that instinct completely.

I find it interesting.  You're right, I hadn't noticed that major change in her posting habits.  You say she's been PM-ing you constantly?  That's a little strange.  Not exactly shy about coming forward, is she?  I haven't really been paying too much attention to her posts, to be honest.  Does she show much knowledge of the film?  Like, details you'd get from being invested in it?  Boy, I hope she really is a troll.  I'd feel awful if she were just an oddball fan.  Jeez, I get the guilties about this stuff.  It sets off all of my elementary school you-can't-join-our-club-nyah-nyah antennae.

What about some of the other newbies?  Claudia Warton or Wheelchair Jan?  Or was it Wheelchair Kay?  I can't remember.  Wheelchair somebody.  Any further word from them?  I sort of liked Claudia.  I was hoping she'd turn out okay.  I'm a sucker for funny Canadians.  It's my weakness.  But I have many weaknesses

Offline opinionista

« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2006, 09:03:50 am »

She addresses the group as if she has been there forever. Also she has no posting previous to March 15th. How did she know about the Tremblay forum anyway? The new people who come to Imdb forums usually post at BBM board not directly to Pierre Tremblay's. I don't know but to me that's pretty strange.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2006, 11:20:57 am »
unstickying

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2006, 01:30:53 pm »
aww Ray! I love you! You're so cute for noticing my not-precence if ya get what I mean.

Well I do have my 4th date tomorrow night, but this is not the main reason for my lack of posting! (Was out n Sunday night last with him, he treated me to meal and I'm now thinking he is a sweet cute guy now rather than 'too nice'. I'll keep you posted if I fall madly in lust!!

No, its just I had a busy weekend and last few days (hennight, date, family stuff) and also I've just been making a conscious effort not to come online at work. I'm sure I'd have got sacked if they knew how much I was on IMDB! So I'm just ensuring I don't lose my job so that I have lots of money to be able to continue paying my broadband so I can talk to you lot!!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2006, 05:29:58 am »
Well, I did some catch up, so I came across this post.  :-\

Seriously, I still couldn't fully understand why people doubt my intention.  Timing is a big reason, that I know.  But I don't think I wrote anything that indicated my intention otherwise (no way for me to go back self-assessing each post now since Foxinator wiped off my positing history.)  It's just my personality that I tend to stay in the back (lurking) when things are happy, but don't want to shy away when my support is needed.  And I am stubborn.  I think I may start off on the wrong foot with some fellow posters when I indicated that I wanted to help fighting the trolls.  But I was telling the truth since it was the real reason why I started to post.  Without the trolls I won't even work up the courage to post may be for another 6 months. I mentioned in a couple earlier posts that I started to read BBM since Dec. and followed a few poster to PT since it was established, that is why I know all the details and history on PT.  Regarding bump good threads.  Those posts were long gone when I post the links.  I literately spent an hour digging out the links from thousands of files in my internet history.  My thought at the time was admin would be able to restore the posts once we provided them the links. I was pretty sure that they can do it if they were willing to help.  I am not a computer geek, but know a few things about systems. And I never PMed Nicole.  Either that was a troll impersonating me or she mixed up names.

I have tried my best to fight the trolls and hold on as long as I could.  I am not done with the troll yet, if some other smarter guys figure out a way I will be giving them a hand too.  But troll fighting does not mean I can't use some peace and quiet, and some intelligent conversation. ;)  So here I am.

In a way I am glad that I catch your attention, thought it was not positive ;) I don't hold anything against anyone.  I totally get your concerns at the time as I find myself in the same boat now when a fellow troll fighter mentioned a few people indicated interest to join in the troll fighting effort.

Just something I feel I need to say in my defense.  Let this be the end of this whole drama. 

Once again, I am happy to be here. :)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2006, 06:01:18 am by JennyC »