Author Topic: The "I LOVE everything Jack's Mom" thread  (Read 25352 times)

Offline Toast

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: The "I LOVE everything Jack's Mom" thread - merged
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2006, 10:12:59 pm »
I love everything Jack's Mom bcause she gave us Jack Twist.
The more I think of the joy of watching Jack be so "carefree" and giving, the more I think of how good his Mom must have been to him - to let him express himself so well, even if the world did not accept him.  I would love to have a piece of her cherry cake.

Morey
« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 10:35:04 am by Toast »

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2006, 09:56:09 pm »
dear latjoreme

yes there really is a santa claus I mean "I love everything Jack's Mom" thread

It was burried on page 9

So I'm bumping it back to the forefront, seeing as IMDb doesn't take care of its own anymore

I Love Jack's Mom for saying so much in such a small amount of time
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 07:58:00 pm by Roland »
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2006, 10:07:29 pm »
dear latjoreme

yes there really is a santa claus I mean "I love everything Jack's Mom" thread

It was burried on page 9

So I'm bumping it back to the forefront, seeing as IMDb doesn't take care of its own anymore

I Love Jack's Mom for saying so much in such a small amount of time

Care to comment about having this thread (and other "I love everything .." threads) moved to the BBM Games & Quizzes section? Hunh?!?

Hey thanks, Roboy!

I love Jack's mom for the way that, when she is saying goodbye to Ennis, she looks away, obviously pained, when her husband spits out that final, "Tell you what, he's going into the family plot." Clearly she can't stand it, but has to because she can't fix it. Still, she'll at least rebel by communicating her empathy to the heartbroken man who so obviously loved her son.

As to whether to move this thread and the other "I love everything" threads to the games and quizzes board -- I guess I'd say yes. Because there they wouldn't get lost as easily, and I love the "I love everything" threads! Thanks for resurrecting them!

« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 07:58:20 pm by Roland »

Offline bbm_stitchbuffyfan

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Ennis and Jack are Forever
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2006, 10:46:48 am »
Yeah, uh, I was gonna say... Aguirre? Jimbo? Or not...

This thread is so sweet. I love Jack's Mom too because she opens her heart to a complete stranger who she knew her son loved very much.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 07:58:41 pm by Roland »
If you'd just realize what I just realized then we'd be perfect for each other and we'd never have to wonder if we missed out on each other now
We missed out on each other now

R.I.P. Heath Ledger

Offline hermitdave

• Jr. Ranch Hand
  • changed forever by brokeback...
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2006, 03:06:29 pm »
 I love Jack's mom because she allowed herself to acknowledge and accept the relationship between her son and Ennis. As a Pentecostal woman-that was a couragous thing to do. I grew up in the Pentecostal church. Let me tell you, homosexuality is about the worst "sin" in their view. There are some wonderful aspects of the church. But tolerance is not one of them. My grandmother and my father were two of the most honest and decent people i have ever known. They tried to live the best life they could. They followed the Pentcostal dogma though. So sadly, they missed the experience of knowing people of many beliefs and walks of life-because those people didnt conform to the church's view of what was "right".
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 07:59:04 pm by Roland »
"Whenever Im alone with you, you make me feel like I am whole again. Whenever Im alone with you, you make me feel like I am young again." - The Cure

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2006, 03:16:27 pm »
I love Jack's mom because she allowed herself to acknowledge and accept the relationship between her son and Ennis. As a Pentecostal woman-that was a couragous thing to do. I grew up in the Pentecostal church. Let me tell you, homosexuality is about the worst "sin" in their view. There are some wonderful aspects of the church. But tolerance is not one of them. My grandmother and my father were two of the most honest and decent people i have ever known. They tried to live the best life they could. They followed the Pentcostal dogma though. So sadly, they missed the experience of knowing people of many beliefs and walks of life-because those people didnt conform to the church's view of what was "right".

Thanks for adding that, Hopefulheart. That makes Jack's mom's understanding and kindness even more profound. I remember a previous thread pointing out how she is the portrayed as the most strongly religious and Christian person in the movie, and the only one who fully accepts their relationship. I'm neither strongly religious nor Christian, but I found that refreshing.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 07:59:31 pm by Roland »

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2006, 09:26:27 am »
I love Jack's Mom for giving us JACK (for Ennis)  :)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 08:00:00 pm by Roland »
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • " Save a horse ... ride a cowboy "
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2006, 12:47:01 pm »
I love Jacks mom because she showed how much she loved Jack by the way she treated Ennis that day.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 08:00:24 pm by Roland »
" Save a horse... ride a cowboy "

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2006, 06:16:42 pm »
Beautifully stated, Toast. And what a great way to look at that scene.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 08:02:07 pm by Roland »

TJ

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2006, 09:58:51 pm »
Discussion related to Jack's mother who believed in the Pentecost (and Pentecostals) has been started by me here:

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php?topic=1162.0
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 07:50:14 pm by Roland »