Author Topic: The "I LOVE everything Jack's Mom" thread  (Read 25527 times)

Marge_Innavera

Re: The "I LOVE everything Jack's Mom" thread
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2008, 07:52:37 am »
I like to think that Ennis did go back, perhaps to work the ranch in Jacks place after Mr Twist passed as his way of honoring Jack and the kindness his mother gave him. This is where he would have felt closest to Jack.

In every viewing of the movie, I've thought that the look he gives her when she says "you'll come and see us again?" suggested that he might, especially after Jack's father has passed on.  As isolated as the Twist ranch was, it isn't likely that she'd have many people to talk to about Jack, and this is a woman who's lost her only son.

Beautiful idea about remembering Mrs. T on Mother's Day.  I'll have to think of some special observance to start next May.

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2008, 12:15:19 am »
I love  her because as heartbroken as she nust have been,she still has the sensitivity to understand that Ennis is equally heartbroken.She loves her son enough to allow Enns to have the shirts,which probably for her were just as important,They had not been washed and contained the essecnce of her only son.That was truly a gift from the heart.
I also  love her for just letting OMT finish ,and then as if the whole diatribe had never happened turns to ask Ennis ,if he wants to see jack's room.In her own way she stands up to OMT.and softens the blow of his words.He is hate and she is love and love wins.

Offline KristinDaBomb

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
    • My Blog
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2008, 12:42:27 am »
I love Jack's mom because she is the type of mom that everyone should have.
xoxo

~Kristin~

<3

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2008, 02:20:51 am »
The posts about Roberta Maxwell, the actress who played Jack's mom in the movie, have been moved to their own thread here:

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,22585.new.html#new