Author Topic: For Our New Members: Brokeback Mountain Stages of Grief & Acceptance  (Read 76036 times)

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: For Our New Members: Brokeback Mountain Stages of Grief & Acceptance
« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2007, 08:13:55 pm »
Thanks HerrKaiser!

Your comment is interesting, as you say this:
to me, the infusion of draft issues, Kennedy's assasination, etc, would have taken the correct focus from the film. Books are another thing, but movies that get too multi-faceted, especially when the intent is to make a major point about a pivotal subject, end up being ho hum. the beauty of BBM is that it kept on track throughout and Lee blended high and low emotions, calm and violent scenes, past and present times without straying off-point. Beautiful.

I do think too like you that Lee does stick to his guns!

However, the draft is talked about even in the movie!

Does anyone realise that Jack maybe mutulated himself in order not to be drafted??

Awaiting your news and that of others,

hugs!!

Offline Rayn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I'm also on FaceBook under Rayn Roberts
« Reply #61 on: April 11, 2007, 01:20:46 am »
There could actually be a Sixth Stage, Phillip.  That would be "Enjoying and Living the Changes That Began with Brokeback Mt."  See, I think the stages are very accurate and true.  I went through them all, but now, after processing a lot online and elsewhere, I've made changes in my life that really needed to be addressed.  I have new a job in a new city and actually found someone that I dated for a while. 

Ok, a date, you say, that's no big deal, but for me it was since I live in Asia and my type isn't Oriental.  What happened was I stopped thinking it was "impossible" to meet anyone at all and did what it takes to meet someone.  It did not turn into a lifelong relationship, but it was a step in the right direction, away from isolation and loneliness.

The job and move were good too, but the dating was the biggest step.  If I were in the US, I'd have no problem, but here, it's not easy.  So, now, also, I am near the capital where there are many guys like me and the I've increased the odds of dating even more.  All this was due to realizations that BBM sparked, then ignited into a blaze inside me.  I am now enjoying greater freedom and a better life. 

Thanks, I needed to share that!  ;)

Rayn

Offline Artiste

« Reply #62 on: April 11, 2007, 10:56:26 am »
Rayn, your comment is very revealing and great!!

Be wonderful to hear more from you.

Keep care,

hugs!!

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #63 on: April 16, 2007, 09:57:35 am »
Wow Phillip!
I am so glad I stumbled on to this thread!
I just sw the movie last monday so I am still in phase one.
It's hard to work or interact with my family. I feel like I m walking around in a fog. I haven't cried this much since my grandma died 13yrs ago.
Thanks for posting this I'm getting a grip on my grief but I'm havinga hard time deciding what to do next.
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Scott6373

« Reply #64 on: April 16, 2007, 10:02:37 am »
Wow Phillip!
I am so glad I stumbled on to this thread!
I just sw the movie last monday so I am still in phase one.
It's hard to work or interact with my family. I feel like I m walking around in a fog. I haven't cried this much since my grandma died 13yrs ago.
Thanks for posting this I'm getting a grip on my grief but I'm havinga hard time deciding what to do next.

Lee, don't decide to anything next.  Don't make big decisions when you're in a highly emotional state.  Let the experience of the film sit for a while. 

Offline Artiste

« Reply #65 on: April 16, 2007, 04:00:50 pm »
It is good to see that I am NOT the only one with difficulties after seeing the movie.

Hugs!!

Scott6373

« Reply #66 on: April 16, 2007, 04:03:17 pm »
It is good to see that I am NOT the only one with difficulties after seeing the movie.

Hugs!!

Oh darlin' you are most certainly not the only one...all 914 members here have had difficulties...that's why we are all here.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #67 on: April 16, 2007, 04:07:52 pm »
Thanks Scott!

Great that you are all here!!

That you are too!!

This movie affects for months, even year or more??

Hugs!

Scott6373

« Reply #68 on: April 16, 2007, 04:10:01 pm »
Thanks Scott!

Great that you are all here!!

That you are too!!

This movie affects for months, even year or more??

Hugs!

I think it's different for each one depending on what lessons we need to learn.  I passed through it all a while ago, and now don't even think of the movie when I come here.  It's  a good thing to be open to these new feelings and perspectives that both you and Lee are experiencing.  It means you are growing and learning, anf that is something that must never stop.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #69 on: April 16, 2007, 04:25:10 pm »
Thanks Scott!

I agree with you!!

It is wonderful to learn with this story of Annie's!!

And with the film!!

And great too to read your comments!!

I am puzzled as to why no one sees more... much more!! ??

Hugs!!