Author Topic: Totally OT: Can she just give it a BREAK already?  (Read 5758 times)

rtprod

Totally OT: Can she just give it a BREAK already?
« on: April 06, 2006, 10:46:45 am »
As bad as the new film is, this is really hard to believe.   God help us. 

Stone to Direct 'Basic Instinct 3'?

Sharon Stone will direct Basic Instinct 3 in Britain, the actress has revealed. The blonde star is keen to continue the franchise - following her return as Catherine Tramell in the recently released sequel - but wants to step behind the camera next time around. Stone, 48, says, "There's a script for the next part of the story - but I would like to direct it rather than star in it. "It will be filmed in the UK again as the setting is more intense and gritty."

I think the expression is Let Go, Let God. 

Apologies for being way off topic and if no one posts, no worries! 

rt
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 10:48:45 am by rtprod »

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Totally OT: Can she just give it a BREAK already?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2006, 10:53:58 am »
The woman has an IQ of what? 154 or something....obviously, she believes she is a genius and can do anything.

A real genius would come up with a new idea, not just a tired old sequel.

My 2 cents.
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

rtprod

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2006, 10:55:45 am »
I like that she's trying to branch out and direct, but the franchise, if there ever was one, is DEAD. 

Offline sparkle_motion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Stacey.
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2006, 11:12:01 am »
I have always loved Sharon Stone, inexplicably. But I don't think a Basic Instinct 3 is a good way to go.
...then you ask me about Mexico and tell me you'll kill me for needing somethin' I don't hardly never get.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2006, 12:39:22 pm »
I just found this little tidbit on Pajiba (www.pajiba.com)

Item #4: Which leads us to our next frightful tale: Having ruined one career, Sharon Stone is preparing to embark upon and quickly ruin another — as a singer. Apparently co-writing last fall’s hurricane-benefit song “Come Together Now” gave Stone the music bug, and she’s reportedly at work in the studio on her first album. Conceivably, this could go one of two ways, but I think we all know Stone is a lot more Don Johnson than she is Reese Witherspoon. — JCF
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

EnnisDelMar

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2006, 12:41:58 pm »
ROFL.. ::)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2006, 12:47:06 pm »
Poor woman.  She can't seem to accept the fact that pretty much all she'll ever be remembered for is crossing her legs while wearing no undies.  :P
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline starboardlight

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • nipith.com
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2006, 12:57:32 pm »
honestly, was Basic Instinct all that good? I remember seeing it and not being all that impressed with the triller part of it. Was it just the "beaver shot" that made it a success?
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.

rtprod

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2006, 02:48:00 pm »
The first Basic Instinct is glossy, flashy...garbage.  On the plus side, it knew that Sharon's look had at least as much cache as her acting, and the score and cinematography were memorably seductive.  But it was junk.  To add insult to injury, the obnoxious combo of Michael Douglas and George Dzundza, their mouths stuffed with Joe Esterhas' worst tropes ("hoss"), as well as four diabolical lesbian characters and a mystery that tanked with a "surprise" twist, sank the whole thing. 

Offline wtbgirl

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2006, 02:54:55 pm »
At this point, I think poor Sharon's headed for TV.  Maybe she can star in Crash-the Series.  >:D
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 03:09:15 pm by amy7769 »