Author Topic: Our Daily Thoughts News Journal  (Read 17817 times)

injest

Our Daily Thoughts News Journal
« on: November 09, 2006, 07:49:34 pm »
I thought I would start giving an occassional report of activities here is Our Daily Thoughts... a kinda one stop shopping guide for our members!!

some will be silly....some will be serious...I may stop for a month or report every day..

who knows?

injest

CRIME WAVE HITS BETTERMOST!!
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2006, 07:59:03 pm »
A shocking development! Bettermost has had its first criminal activity yesterday! In a daring daylight robbery, Jess's Feed Store and Tack Shop was ROBBED of a pack of condoms valued at $12.99.

Several customers witnessed said robbery but were unable to detain the 'person of interest' a resident of Our Daily Thoughts.

The proprietor of Jess's Feed Store attempted to contact Sheriff Roland to report the crime. He was finally located down at the local bar with several half dressed young men. A report was filed.

Some question has arisen as to why Jess's Feed Store and Tack Shop would carry condoms.

Jess answered those questions today in a press conference "well I started carrying them a couple of years ago for the young men who come up to herd sheep. They indicated that it was difficult to determine how many they needed before they met their herding partner and sometimes found they had come up short. It is purely a public health issue"

The local Health Dept applauded the Feed Stores initiative in this area.

Any witnesses are encouraged to come forward. This crime wave must be nipped in the bud!!

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Our Daily Thoughts News Journal
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2006, 08:03:04 pm »
Jess, you are gonna freak people out with the subject of that post! lol

injest

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2006, 08:11:53 pm »
Oh they will understand it is a parody...hopefully.

I have a very high opinion of our members! They will get it!

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • " Save a horse ... ride a cowboy "
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2006, 08:13:32 pm »
Well I don't know if this will help, and I am usually not a tattletail at all ...hehemmm.  But I know Rich( wulfur)  has been around that store alot lately and i did hear him say that he was going back to the Walmart that was rude to him this week and bomb them with  some water balloons. Don't tell him I told you, as I'm just trying to be helpful.
" Save a horse... ride a cowboy "

injest

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2006, 08:15:13 pm »
well we are not pointing fingers at this time...I will say that we DO have witnesses!!

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
Re: CRIME WAVE HITS BETTERMOST!!
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2006, 08:24:58 pm »
A shocking development! Bettermost has had its first criminal activity yesterday! In a daring daylight robbery, Jess's Feed Store and Tack Shop was ROBBED of a pack of condoms valued at $12.99.

The proprietor of Jess's Feed Store attempted to contact Sheriff Roland to report the crime. He was finally located down at the local bar with several half dressed young men. A report was filed.

Some question has arisen as to why Jess's Feed Store and Tack Shop would carry condoms.

Jess answered those questions today in a press conference "well I started carrying them a couple of years ago for the young men who come up to herd sheep. They indicated that it was difficult to determine how many they needed before they met their herding partner and sometimes found they had come up short. It is purely a public health issue"

I read that report - there are a few questions as to the "purpose" a carryin condoms in a tack(y) shop, and there were discrepancies. For one thing - those were horse condoms:

Hmmm... That's odd... What does (name withdrawn) want with condoms for horses?

Me thinks this will have ta be investigated sum'more. Hey Lauren - set me up with another ryker's ...

Sheriff Roland
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

injest

Sheriff finally arrives at crime scene
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2006, 08:33:11 pm »
In an shocking development, Sheriff Roland arrived on the crime scene only one DAY after said robbery took place. Most witnesses have left the scene.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2006, 08:40:28 pm »
There's robbery going on for sure, but to me the real robbery is HIGHWAY ROBBERY.  Since when do condoms cost $12.99?  No wonder people are stealing them!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2006, 08:42:40 pm »
There's robbery going on for sure, but to me the real robbery is HIGHWAY ROBBERY.  Since when do condoms cost $12.99?  No wonder people are stealing them!

C'mon louise - it was a 3 pack

And I thought you'd been around the block some.

Guess there's nuthin wrong with askin' though

Sheriff Roland
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer