Author Topic: Deer Gets Trick Instead of Treat  (Read 2128 times)

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

injest

Re: Deer Gets Trick Instead of Treat
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2006, 06:39:44 pm »
oh! I am so glad he got it off!! I saw it on the news the other day and thought he is the same age as Oww Hee!! LOL!

poor baby!

Offline dot-matrix

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2006, 10:51:14 pm »
Poor thing, so glad he got free.  We never realized how some thing so innocent coudl harm something else.  Bob and I shred our plastic bags and cut up the plastic rings that hold things together like soda.  It's so dangerous to wild life.
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2006, 01:57:34 am »
Yes. This just happened to my dog tonight, only his whole head was stuck in the pumpkin.  :(

It sounds funny, but they get very scared because they can't see. My dog was running into the walls and furniture. I think he was very frightened until he heard my voice. Then he knew everything would be okay.

That poor deer. Thank God he finally managed to get the pumpkin off his head. After the very same thing happened to my dog, I have a feeling this probably happens more frequently than most of us realize.   :(

Edit: If you have a dog, please be sure you store the plastic Halloween pumpkins out of the reach of your dog. Dogs LOVE chocolate, and if they smell the scent of candy in the pumpkin, (they can smell candy LONG after it has been removed from the pumpkin) they WILL stick their head in it!  :'(
« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 03:00:28 am by David925 »
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.