Author Topic: The Heart of the Matter  (Read 22735 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: The Heart of the Matter
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2007, 05:00:51 pm »
I,too, have enjoyed this tale immensely.  I have been posting remarks on BrokebackSlash at http://community.livejournal.com/brokebackslash/.  As I said there, your prose was like poetry in many scenes.  The turn of the phrase brought up so many visuals and brought the words to life. 

Also, I was hoping you would do the story from Jack's point of view.  And, make it a trilogy, covering the "sweet life" between Lees' death and Ennis' death.  However, the title "The Moments Between" was already used for a multi-part fanfic by lolitary.  Another good story, it starts in 1975 and continues on.  It can be found on her journal at http://lolitaray.livejournal.com/

I do recall two other fanfics where Ennis dies first, and try as I might, I can't remember the names.  I think they are available on BrokebackSlash, or on Wranglers at http://community.livejournal.com/wranglers/

One involves Ennis meeting up with a spirit Mother Bear on one of their camping trips.  The Bear convinces Ennis to change his mind, take a chance.  Ennis does, and they live together for almost thirty years, when Ennis dies of a sudden heart attack in Jack's arms at their ranch.  More happens, but don't want to spoil it. 

The second involved two or three small stories, strung together.  There is a funeral, and a man attends.  The wife greets him. At the end, the man decides to go home to his parents' ranch in Lightning Flat.  One or two related stories follow, before the plot line is resolved.  Again, don't want to spoil it!

Glad to have found this story.  Keep up the great writing.   Looking forward to Jack's point of view, and why Ennis would tell Alma that his Jack was dead. 

There are many, many talented writers on this forum! I haven't read this fanfic yet, but after reading your post, it sounds like a really good story!

Welcome to Bettermost!!  :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline cwby30

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2007, 10:07:01 pm »
Found one of the stories I referred to yesterday:  A Broken Heart, by icewolf88, posted on Brokeback Slash on 08/03/06, is the story of the funeral.  I haven't found the others that go with this, or the Spirit Mother Bear story yet. 

icewolf88 has some great stories. 

Offline cwby30

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: The Heart of the Matter-again
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2007, 10:29:14 pm »
Again, yet.  Found the prequel and sequel to A Broken Heart.  The prequel is called Bad News, and the sequel is called Sweet Ending, New Beginning.  Both are posted on FanFicton.net. 

As of today on FanFiction.net, Bad News is no. 74, A Broken Heart is no. 78, and Sweet Ending, New Beginning is no. 73.   

All short, and all worth the read. 

Scott6373

« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2007, 06:03:56 pm »

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2007, 02:39:11 am »
Anouncement

http://scotth6373.livejournal.com/7082.html

that announcement was errr.... short, but good! Looking forward to book two  :)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Scott6373

« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2007, 03:40:35 pm »

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2007, 04:19:03 pm »
Great start, Scott...thanks!

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline cwby30

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: The Heart of the Matter II
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2007, 02:00:25 am »
Way to go! You've put so much into the first chapter, so many vignettes, issues, people....Can hardly wait to find out Jack's plan, and how he sees Ennis working through his issues.  Based on the Part I, there are going to be some interesting things going on with the two of them as they sort out their feelings for each other, and reach that sweet life Jack wants so much.  Hope Jack remembers that even the best laid plans....

Glad you committed to doing the trilogy.  This is going to be a good one, too.  To quote a "friend" of ours, "Whooooeeeeee!"  Keep up the good writing. 

Scott6373

« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2007, 04:26:40 pm »

Scott6373

« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2007, 08:37:25 am »
Just to let y'all know, I have decided to shelve the continuation of this story indefinitely.  I appreciate everyone's support and feedback.  The archives of Book Two have been removed from my LJ.  Thanks