Author Topic: Nobody's angel by maidenofthesea  (Read 40732 times)

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
Re: Nobody's angel by maidenofthesea
« Reply #120 on: February 26, 2007, 06:06:20 pm »
Wasn't that scene where Ennis comforted Ezzie beautiful? I loved it for some reason... it took me completely by surprise but it just felt right, you know?

I think in any other story, I wouldn't have liked that, but something about the relationship between Ennis and Ezra made me believe it. And I especially liked what you pointed out, Mel; Ennis thinking that this will be the last time he ever lays with Ezra like that. That made the scene even more poignant.

I think Ezra is absolutely fascinating, and I am just as interested in his hopes, dreams and motivations as I am Ennis' and Jack's. That does not happen often for me in fic.

Though, I'm with you, I want to learn how Jack and Ennis are going to deal with being together... right now, because of the way the brothers accept them, it's almost like they are in their brokeback phase, what happens when they come off the mountain, when they can no longer live in that house, when the other greasers find out and when the Socs realize where Jack is living. I want to know all of these things!

I'm impatient  ;)  ;D
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

mvansand76

« Reply #121 on: February 26, 2007, 06:12:00 pm »
Wasn't that scene where Ennis comforted Ezzie beautiful? I loved it for some reason... it took me completely by surprise but it just felt right, you know?

I think in any other story, I wouldn't have liked that, but something about the relationship between Ennis and Ezra made me believe it. And I especially liked what you pointed out, Mel; Ennis thinking that this will be the last time he ever lays with Ezra like that. That made the scene even more poignant.

I think Ezra is absolutely fascinating, and I am just as interested in his hopes, dreams and motivations as I am Ennis' and Jack's. That does not happen often for me in fic.

Though, I'm with you, I want to learn how Jack and Ennis are going to deal with being together... right now, because of the way the brothers accept them, it's almost like they are in their brokeback phase, what happens when they come off the mountain, when they can no longer live in that house, when the other greasers find out and when the Socs realize where Jack is living. I want to know all of these things!

I'm impatient  ;)  ;D

Me too!

Yeah, I was wondering about to what extent Ennis knows that KE knows about them. I think in hospital Jack was worrying about Ennis finding out that KE knew, but there was no mention of it in the latest chapters. Maybe I should make more of a habit of posting comments on the corresponding livejournals, that way I can get an answer from the author, I am not sure if she posts here....

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #122 on: February 26, 2007, 06:14:18 pm »
You know, I'm not sure if she posts here either... I think she used to, but I haven't seen her around here for a long time.

I always post a comment for her, but I'm useless right after I read a chapter, I can never think much past my initial emotions, so I never think of these questions until later...

But I hadn't thought of that, I forgot that Jack was hiding that from Ennis. I don't think Ennis does know... but he knows Ezra knows, because Ezra asked if he loves Jack...

‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #123 on: February 26, 2007, 06:31:49 pm »
I don't think she post here, she does post on EnnisJack occasionally ~ she puts teasers up on her thread there  :)

I always leave feedback for the stories I read and I always like seeing what kind of feedback I get back, I seem to remember her telling me there won't be too many chapters of NA left  :(

And I think Ennis knows now  :-\ ....this happened in chapter 18:

“Jack if you don’t get off-”

“That’s what I’m trying to do!” Jack said laughing.

Ennis gave one last push and flipped Jack on his side, a play fist raised in mid air when K.E. walked by, whistling.

“Play nice boys,” He said casually on his way to his bedroom.

Ennis and Jack stopped, suspended in time and mid air and stared at the retreating stranger.

“Was that K.E.?” Jack asked.

Ennis sighed and flopped his head back on his pillow.

Or am I reading too much into this?  :-\
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 06:37:36 pm by Bigheart »

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #124 on: February 26, 2007, 06:35:56 pm »

I absolutely adore Ezra, I think he's one of the greatest OC's ever. And the last chapter just broke my heart  :'( How humiliating, how utterly sad and cruel  :'(

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #125 on: February 26, 2007, 07:23:49 pm »
I don't think she post here, she does post on EnnisJack occasionally ~ she puts teasers up on her thread there  :)

I always leave feedback for the stories I read and I always like seeing what kind of feedback I get back, I seem to remember her telling me there won't be too many chapters of NA left  :(

And I think Ennis knows now  :-\ ....this happened in chapter 18:

“Jack if you don’t get off-”

“That’s what I’m trying to do!” Jack said laughing.

Ennis gave one last push and flipped Jack on his side, a play fist raised in mid air when K.E. walked by, whistling.

“Play nice boys,” He said casually on his way to his bedroom.

Ennis and Jack stopped, suspended in time and mid air and stared at the retreating stranger.

“Was that K.E.?” Jack asked.

Ennis sighed and flopped his head back on his pillow.

Or am I reading too much into this?  :-\

I don't know, I forgot about that part... I don't think you're reading to much into it, I think it could be taken either way. It's possible Ennis thinks K.E. thinks they're just wrestling, but at the same time, this is the kind of thing that, before, if Ennis had known K.E. had seen it, he would have been really embarrassed.

So maybe he does know, maybe Jack told him and we just didn't see it, but you'd think Ennis would be upset/worried to find out KE knows...

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #126 on: April 02, 2007, 09:09:21 pm »
Hey Buds!  There's an update and epilogue today!
http://community.livejournal.com/brokebackslash/1029421.html
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 09:13:09 pm by atz75 »
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie