Author Topic: Nobody's angel by maidenofthesea  (Read 40819 times)

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
Re: Nobody's angel by maidenofthesea
« Reply #60 on: December 15, 2006, 10:58:48 am »
I just read on ennisjack that Chas intends to have the next chapter up late tomorrow....which for us Euro-peeps will be early Sunday morning.

:)

;D ;D ;D ;D :D YAY!
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

mvansand76

« Reply #61 on: December 15, 2006, 11:28:17 am »
What do you guys think will happen?

Oh they are so cute! Can't wait for the next chapter!

one_of_one

« Reply #62 on: December 15, 2006, 11:49:44 am »
Hmmmm, I don't really know Mel....

I'm thinking maybe something to do with meeting outside school. Ennis has said he cn't meet Jack later on and Jack suggested 3pm (i think) when he got out of school, and Ennis said Ezra got out then too.

So....is Ezra going to meet Jack again?  Or will Ennis meet Jack in some secret place?  I'm really thinking that them meeting in private has to come to an end soon....I think they were risking things a bit at the fair, but if Ennis gets a job they are going to have to meet at times and places where there are other people.

One thing I've been thinking for  a while is whether or not Jack's father will beat him for something (the magazines?  Ennis's photo?) and Jack will end up round at the del Mar house.  I'm not thinking it will happen soon, but I wonder if something like that will happen sometime....

mvansand76

« Reply #63 on: December 15, 2006, 12:07:13 pm »
Hmmmm, I don't really know Mel....

I'm thinking maybe something to do with meeting outside school. Ennis has said he cn't meet Jack later on and Jack suggested 3pm (i think) when he got out of school, and Ennis said Ezra got out then too.

So....is Ezra going to meet Jack again?  Or will Ennis meet Jack in some secret place?  I'm really thinking that them meeting in private has to come to an end soon....I think they were risking things a bit at the fair, but if Ennis gets a job they are going to have to meet at times and places where there are other people.

One thing I've been thinking for  a while is whether or not Jack's father will beat him for something (the magazines?  Ennis's photo?) and Jack will end up round at the del Mar house.  I'm not thinking it will happen soon, but I wonder if something like that will happen sometime....

Oh yeah I think there will be a moment where Ennis' promise about not letting Jack's father beat him anymore, that he is not gonna let that happen anymore, comes into play and I am now suddenly thinking of the knive Ennis gave Jack...

:o

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #64 on: December 15, 2006, 12:58:59 pm »

Yeah, I mentioned that in my post here that I was really afraid Jack's father might find the magazine  :( Oh God, I don't even want to think of how furious he'll be  :(  :(  :(   :'(  And it's not a very good hiding place is it?? So easy to find and his father is such a fucking control freak, I wouldnt put it past him to snoop around in Jack's room  :(

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #65 on: December 17, 2006, 01:56:05 am »
So, now I'm all anxious and excited!  It's almost 1 am Eastern time on Sun. and still now update.  I really can't wait!
 :D
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #66 on: December 17, 2006, 07:14:26 am »
Well H, it did happen soon  :( and I thought it was SO hard to read  :'( I'm still reeling from the pure evilness of the abuse  :( I felt ill reading it  :(
I can hardly wait to find out how KE will react to Jack coming to the house.
Thank God there was sweetness in this chapter too. I absolutely adored all the loving in the car  :) My heart continues to ache for these boys and I so wonder what will happen next.

mvansand76

« Reply #67 on: December 17, 2006, 10:22:46 am »
This was such a wonderful chapter, I love it how Jack can't help flirting with Ennis at the car shop. The abuse was terrifying, it reminded me of the scene in American Beauty where Ricky gets beat up by his father and flees the house and then stops to kiss his mom farewell, she reacts in the exact same way, I think in NA Jack's mother might have Alzheimer's or something, because she was acting really weird.

I think Ennis will be very upset when he sees what Jack's father did to Jack and he might get very protective over him and try to go over there and sort the man out.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2006, 01:00:48 pm by mvansand76 »

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #68 on: December 17, 2006, 11:42:06 am »
The abuse really shook me, I've read a lot and seen a lot of abuse scenes but for some reason this one got to me more than usual. There was something about how quiet it was, if that makes any sense at all, about how Jack's dad expected him to react even during the abuse, how Jack was afraid to even bring his hand to his cheek after he slapped him and how he knew to say "sir" after everything he said. It was chilling. And poor Jack, of all the times for his dad to call him out it had to be when he was in the middle of dressing like a greaser (which I thought was really cute and charming until the abuse started  :) )

I don't know, I just felt so bad for Jack all around in this chapter, even during the really sweet parts with Ennis. He couldn't help himself but flirt and try to touch when he was at Ennis' work but that was just one more reminder of what the two of them can't have.

That was so amazing when Ennis was afraid he would be bad at giving a blow job and Jack told him it couldn't be bad because it was Ennis  ::) so sweet. I love these boys!
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #69 on: December 17, 2006, 12:17:41 pm »
The abuse really shook me, I've read a lot and seen a lot of abuse scenes but for some reason this one got to me more than usual. There was something about how quiet it was, if that makes any sense at all, about how Jack's dad expected him to react even during the abuse, how Jack was afraid to even bring his hand to his cheek after he slapped him and how he knew to say "sir" after everything he said. It was chilling. And poor Jack, of all the times for his dad to call him out it had to be when he was in the middle of dressing like a greaser (which I thought was really cute and charming until the abuse started  :) )

I don't know, I just felt so bad for Jack all around in this chapter, even during the really sweet parts with Ennis. He couldn't help himself but flirt and try to touch when he was at Ennis' work but that was just one more reminder of what the two of them can't have.

That was so amazing when Ennis was afraid he would be bad at giving a blow job and Jack told him it couldn't be bad because it was Ennis  ::) so sweet. I love these boys!

Makes perfect sense to me, Mandy, what you mean about the quietness  :(  that was indeed so chilling, so terrifying, so utterly heartwrenching  :(
Yeah, loved that part about the blow job, loved how Ennis's jaw hurt too! Heh heh  :)