Author Topic: Nobody's angel by maidenofthesea  (Read 40727 times)

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
Re: Nobody's angel by maidenofthesea
« Reply #70 on: December 17, 2006, 03:31:32 pm »
loved how Ennis's jaw hurt too! Heh heh 

LOL I liked that too! Chas really has a way with showing the awkwardness of first love/sex that I find appealing... it's one of the things I like about TWaTT Ennis too... not that that has anything to do with Nobody's Angel  ::)
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

mvansand76

« Reply #71 on: December 17, 2006, 03:57:48 pm »
TWaTT Ennis?

:o

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #72 on: December 17, 2006, 04:36:27 pm »
TWaTT Ennis?

:o

ROFL  :laugh: Sorry about that...

The Wolf and the Thunderbird Ennis! Mel, you should definitely check it out if you haven't yet!
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

mvansand76

« Reply #73 on: December 17, 2006, 04:50:49 pm »
ROFL  :laugh: Sorry about that...

The Wolf and the Thunderbird Ennis! Mel, you should definitely check it out if you haven't yet!

Is there already a thread about it on BM?

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #74 on: December 17, 2006, 05:15:59 pm »
You know... I don't think there is. I'm not sure why though. It's really good. It's an AU!AU that takes place in 70's texas... beware, there are references to prostitution, child abuse, drug use (for those who like that sort of warning...) Here's a link:

http://debutante9.livejournal.com/2598.html

there are 12 chapters now... I think. You should just be able to scroll through her LJ to find the following chapters  :)

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #75 on: December 17, 2006, 05:47:42 pm »
This was such a wonderful chapter, I love it how Jack can't help flirting with Ennis at the car shop. The abuse was terrifying, it reminded me of the scene in American Beauty where Ricky gets beat up by his father and flees the house and then stops to kiss his mom farewell, she reacts in the exact same way, I think in NA Jack's mother might have Alzheimer's or something, because she was acting really weird.

I think Ennis will be very upset when he sees what Jack's father did to Jack and he might get very protective over him and try to go over there and sort the man out.

Chas replied to me on her LJ when I asked her that about Jack's mother in chapter 2 that she indeed has health problems.

one_of_one

« Reply #76 on: December 27, 2006, 02:35:02 pm »
Heard on the grapevine that the next chapter will be up tonight or tomorrow all being well

*squee*

mvansand76

« Reply #77 on: December 27, 2006, 03:17:33 pm »
Heard on the grapevine that the next chapter will be up tonight or tomorrow all being well

*squee*

Such great news Helen!  ;D

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #78 on: December 27, 2006, 03:26:45 pm »
oh yay! I heard that too! She also posted a little teaser over at DC... just like 3 sentences and already she's killing me. I can't wait!  ;D

one_of_one

« Reply #79 on: December 27, 2006, 05:10:27 pm »
oh yay! I heard that too! She also posted a little teaser over at DC... just like 3 sentences and already she's killing me. I can't wait!  ;D

Aw I want to know what it said!   :-\   :'(